007jlive

Is pink slip the good one?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,quick question. On the day of my interview should i be happy if i get a pink slip at the end? I read a bunch of people saying they got a pink slip and them the visa couple days later.

Timeline:

filed I-130: 2007/10/10 (child under 21 unmarried of a USC) "IR2"

uscis sends NOA: 2007/10/22

21st b-day: 2008/**/** (well that sucks)

I-130 approval notice: 2008/06/15 (was approved due to CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT, signed by Pres. Bush on August 6,2002)

case forwarded to NVC: 2008/06/16

biometrics bill received: 2008/07/13

biometrics bill paid: 2008/07/15

IV bill received: 2008/07/27

affidavit of support request received: 2008/08/02

affidavit of support request sent: 2008/09/20

IV bill paid: 2008/09/20

DS-230 request received: 2008/10/01

DS-230 request sent via express mail: 2008/11/20 (had to wait a loooong time for police certificates)

Medical Exam: 2008/11/25 (passed no problems of course!)

NVC receives DS-230 package: 2008/11/29

CASE COMPLETE!! : 2008/12/09 (no RFE)

case forwarded to embassy in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil: 2009/01/08

interview date and time: 2009/02/02 at 7:45am

Visa in hand:

POE:

Pink slip means that you are good to go and can come to the USA, don't lose that. As far as couple days, its depend on the carrier or the person delivering your visa. The further away you live from the embassy, the longer it takes to get it. Just like mailing a letter.... the farther you sending it... you got the point! Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I passed, got my passaport with visa on it already, but, after or during interview, I didn´t get any slip of any color......

I was so nervous that I barely remeMber what the Consul said at the end: " Hi, everything seems fine to me. Go the the consular officer outside arrange the delivery of your passaport." nothing else....

Then, I asked the consular officer why he didnt give me any slip, and she said, "Good, seems your are all good, all set, and there is no docs missing..."

To be honest, I didnt really care about slip afterwards... I knew if something was wrong, consul would say DENIED.

heheheh

aRY

Met first time: 07/23/2003 in Rio de Janeiro (1 week having fun!)

Dating: july 03 to dec 2003

Engage: jan 2004 to jun 2007

Ary living in US: 2004-2005

Jun 2007 - wedding planns back!

oct 2007 - legal marriage

nov 2007 - wedding party with our whole family

Ary graduates: dec 2007

Visa Journey 2008

April 5th: I130 sent

April 15th: NOA1

MAY: HONEY MOON IN CABO SAN LUCAS MX

JUl: NOA2

Aug: Packet 3 documents gather in BR and US and medical test done

AUg: paied fees I-864 and IV Bill

Oct: Packet 3 sent

Nov: RFE

Nov: NVC case completed

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 9th = APPROVED!

Visa Delivered: JANUARY 14TH ( 3 working days after interview)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think it really depends on the embassy/consulate you're dealing with. I don't think there's a universal worldwide color-coded system. For Vietnam and much of Asia, the pink slip is the good one (which is ironic, considering you wouldn't want to get a pink slip at work).

Other embassies might use other colors, but color is not important, right? Passing the interview and getting the visa is the important thing.

In Vietnam, you have to personally pick up your visa from the consulate about a week or two later. I'm sure it's different in other countries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Pink slip means that you are good to go and can come to the USA, don't lose that. As far as couple days, its depend on the carrier or the person delivering your visa. The further away you live from the embassy, the longer it takes to get it. Just like mailing a letter.... the farther you sending it... you got the point! Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

keep in mind that may be specific to the pi region. nessa didn't get any slip for her interview but passed/was approved.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.