Tree

AP Finnished on 1/8/09, How long till you think we get the visa?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I called DOS on 1/12/09 they said he was approved 1/8/09, so I was wondering how long we might have to wait before he gets his visa? His visa was kept at time of interview.

Have you confirmed with the embassy that AP is complete? You should not submit your passport until the embassy calls you. Even if they say on the phone line to submit it, you should not until they call you. It can take up to a month for them to call you and then up to another three weeks for you to get it back. DOS will also be able to tell you if the visa has been issued (i.e. printed).

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

I called DOS on 1/12/09 they said he was approved 1/8/09, so I was wondering how long we might have to wait before he gets his visa? His visa was kept at time of interview.

Have you confirmed with the embassy that AP is complete? You should not submit your passport until the embassy calls you. Even if they say on the phone line to submit it, you should not until they call you. It can take up to a month for them to call you and then up to another three weeks for you to get it back. DOS will also be able to tell you if the visa has been issued (i.e. printed).

Zaid, DOS told me the visa was issued when i called.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T S :dance::dance::dance:

What wonderful news ! ! Did the embassy call for him to submit his passport yet? I am soooooooo happy for you Nessie :dancing:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T S :dance::dance::dance:

What wonderful news ! ! Did the embassy call for him to submit his passport yet? I am soooooooo happy for you Nessie :dancing:

peace

~kris

Salam Dear friends

I also called department of States on 7th January 2009 and a lady told me that my visa has been issued..It was a shocking and exciting news for me...however to confirm it i recalled after some 20 minutes as she did not tell me that when did they issue....however i recalled DOS and this time i got a male operator and he told me in more detail that my visa has been issued and printed on 15 of December 2008 (his wordings)......and told me to contact embassy....the next day i sent an email to US embassy islamabad but i could not get a reply so for ...then i called embassy the same day and a lady told me that she would check my case and then will call me back...but she did not call me back....i called yesterday again to embassy and this time again i got lady operator and she told that she would talk to her supervisor about my case and would call me back....but she also did not call me back...Now i am really much confused that would to do in this situation..

i was interviewed fort he k3 visa on 06 Feb, 2007 and was in AP for the last almost 2 years...

....Qestion:...i am surprised at one thing that my medical report has already expired then how can they print it with out requesting from me the new one..?..

but the next moment i answer it in this way that may b they just tell me to come and submit report and take ur visa ...

So dont know whats going and how much more time they will take to send it to me...

Ur precious suggestions will be of great help to decrease my tension and will be appreciated..

Thanks..with best regards...Shah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

myprayers--did the other operators confirm the visa was "printed and issued?" That is supposed to mean it is already attached to the passport. . .but the fact that they didn't get a new medical would infer it has not actually happened yet.

I hope they've issued it and you get it soon!

Timeline
myprayers--did the other operators confirm the visa was "printed and issued?" That is supposed to mean it is already attached to the passport. . .but the fact that they didn't get a new medical would infer it has not actually happened yet.

I hope they've issued it and you get it soon!

dear emt103c..one operator from DOS said issued....the next one said issued and printed from DOS....Today i again called US embassy islamabad and this time i got to talk to a male operator and he verified the information given by DOS and told me that my visa is approved(actually he did not say issued and printed... So do not know how these terminologies differ)....however he told me that he is going to contact the relevant person in embassy about this case and that soon they will contact me in this regard...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The US embassy in Islamabad recently changed how they deal with cases that come out of AP. Previously, they would only print the visa after they had requested the passport and were ready to put the visa inside it. However,, while waiting for passports in the past, sometimes security checks would expire and cases would fall back into AP. Now the embassy has started printing visas as soon as AP is completed and they are satisfied with the security checks. This is even before they have confirmed no police report was outstanding and that the medical is up to date. Therefore, issued and printed now means the same thing. Your visa is now ready to be put into your passport. Due to the recently holidays and reduced staff at the embassy, things have been running slow. Just wait for them to call and they will.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Timeline
The US embassy in Islamabad recently changed how they deal with cases that come out of AP. Previously, they would only print the visa after they had requested the passport and were ready to put the visa inside it. However,, while waiting for passports in the past, sometimes security checks would expire and cases would fall back into AP. Now the embassy has started printing visas as soon as AP is completed and they are satisfied with the security checks. This is even before they have confirmed no police report was outstanding and that the medical is up to date. Therefore, issued and printed now means the same thing. Your visa is now ready to be put into your passport. Due to the recently holidays and reduced staff at the embassy, things have been running slow. Just wait for them to call and they will.

Thank you zayd for the valuable information......yes i will wait for the call for a few days and then will contact them myself if they did not contact me....though my passport with them since the interview date but each time i call embassy still the operator ask me that whether my passport is with them or not?....this query puts me in more doubt that whether they messed up my document/passport....as they must see that on the case record when they check status(i think)......can they see instantly on the case record that whether they have the passport of the candidate or not?.....please share any experience if some one have regarding.....

Congratulations!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think you will have no longer than one year a wait in your situation, maybe two or three. :star:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Nessie,

Are your dates correct? You had the interview in 2002? What? That is a long AP! Congrats on being done--that is insane!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.