A Better Way to End Unauthorized Immigration

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I see somebody turned on the "bat signal" :lol:

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
You must not be able to read. Who said anything about the "might of the gun"

Me,

Instead of reaching a smart answer to the problems like illegal immigration, drugs etc, the government just says that it's against the law, you break the law you go to jail or get deported. They have been throwing in jail and deporting illegals for a long time and have that deterred them from coming? NA. There has to be an immigration reform that focuses in accommodating all these immigrants, keep a record, get rid of the bad apples since I know for a fact that not all of them are exemplar citizens and allow them to come work and go back to their country of origin as pleased, or stay if pleased as long as they behave.

Enforce immigration! deport everybody, make it a crime, don't give them the prize of LPR! that will NOT solve anything but try to cover the sun with a finger. There is not just 1 solution to the problem but many, the problem is reaching an agreement between those who have the power to change the law and working towards that unique goal. Currently there is not the intent to reach that common goal.

News flash: These are not immigrants...they are illegal aliens.

Would you really even give a rat's ####### about these people if 86% of illegal aliens weren't Hispanic and 57% from Mexico?

I'll give you 3 guesses to the answer and the first 2 don't count.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Me,

Instead of reaching a smart answer to the problems like illegal immigration, drugs etc, the government just says that it's against the law, you break the law you go to jail or get deported. They have been throwing in jail and deporting illegals for a long time and have that deterred them from coming? NA. There has to be an immigration reform that focuses in accommodating all these immigrants, keep a record, get rid of the bad apples since I know for a fact that not all of them are exemplar citizens and allow them to come work and go back to their country of origin as pleased, or stay if pleased as long as they behave.

Enforce immigration! deport everybody, make it a crime, don't give them the prize of LPR! that will NOT solve anything but try to cover the sun with a finger. There is not just 1 solution to the problem but many, the problem is reaching an agreement between those who have the power to change the law and working towards that unique goal. Currently there is not the intent to reach that common goal.

Would you really even give a rat's ####### about these people if 86% of illegal aliens weren't Hispanic and 57% from Mexico?

You and your stupid rhetoric about terms,

Call them as you wish, ILLEGALS, IMMIGRANTS, UNDOCUMENTED, ETC I give a sovereign rat's A$$

Would you give a rat's A$$ about these illegals if one of them hadn't beaten you when you were 12?

You have to have a reason, there HAS to be, you are too traumatized to be just feeding your anger from Fox News and Bill O'Reilly come on open up to us....

Edited by TävôLuDô

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Me,

You and your stupid rhetoric about terms,

Call them as you wish, ILLEGALS, IMMIGRANTS, UNDOCUMENTED, ETC I give a sovereign rat's A$$

Would you give a rat's A$$ about these illegals if one of them hadn't beaten you when you were 12?

You have to have a reason, there HAS to be, you are too traumatized to be just feeding your anger from Fox News and Bill O'Reilly come on open up to us....

Gee...you must be clairvoyant. I'm impressed....not. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Me,

Immigrants is the right term for them, whether you like it or not.

Edited by MariaBonita

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
"White America" - that's kind of funny, isn't it?

This nation was built on the blood sweat and tears of Euro White trash....so their descendants could live in trailer parks throughout this God given land.

If it wasn't for the Euro White trash we would be Mexico. And you don't see White trash fleeing to Mexico. Eh?

So what can we conclude from this glaring fact boys and girls? It's pretty obvious. ;)

That's it - fear of becoming a nation of brown people if formed a union like the European Union. There's no logic, just deep seeded fear.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Me, Enforce immigration! deport everybody, make it a crime,

It ALREADY is A crime, Why give criminals amnesty or make them legal? when thousands of :LEGAL imigrants are paying thousands of $$ to go about the process legally.

They are criminals by the fact that they intentionally entered the USA Illegally breaking federal laws, then continue to break federal laws by working illegally STEALINg from tax payers. There should NOt be a reward of giving them amnesty. They should be denied legalization until they return to their country of origin and serve a penalty by waiting behind everyone else who is going about the process legally. If they chose to remain in the USA Legally they can continue to drain the economy cry and complain how they "are entitiled to certain priviliages and continue working their illegal arses off for less thna minumum wage & hide in the shadows. it doesn't help anyone.

Illegal Aliens will not get sympathy from tax paying citizens. the Voters will never vote for amnesty. so unless a higher power in office decides to reform the law which will certainly be apposed by the tax paying legal citizens who will vote out of office any shmuckl you decides to legalize millions of illegal federal criminals.

you are right there is not a simple solution but illegal criminals will not get a free ride to legalization.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Timeline
Immigrants is the right term for them, whether you like it or not.

you are partially correct the one word that defines majority of those in this forum and ILLEGAL defines those who willingly break federal laws and immigrate Illegally therefore are ILLEGAL!Illegal Aliens because they are not legally immigrated. They are illegal migrants, or federal criminals, Social security criminals, thieves, drains on the economy, and a small percentage of them commit violent crimes which we all know the usa already has enough of its own homegrown violent criminals.

Illegal Federal criminal Aliens do nothing positive for this nation. They compromise our security, compromise our education drain resources put in place for legal tax paying immigrantrs & citizens.

Candy coat it all you want make it sound less than what it is, the true reality is they are illegal!

gewelcome-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Timeline

It has NOTHING to do with race or origin, hell I advocate enforcing immigration laws on all populations. Round up all the illegal Swedes & Scotts who defraud the social security system, drive illegally, commit numerous other federal crimes while not paying taxes. yeah all those illegal swedes, irish men, danish, french, asians.

hmm. what % of illegal Aliens are other than south american? Does that automatically mean that Those who advocate enforcement of the Law are against "brown people" Give me an F'n break.

so we can be nice lets just refer to them as Bananas, so no one will be offended. The reality is still there.

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
By Douglas Massey, Miller-McCune.com

Consider this scenario: A group of wealthy nations with well-established democracies is linked in a successful economic union that has dramatically increased trade, commerce and living standards. To the south, a much poorer nation is undergoing a transition to democracy after decades of authoritarian rule, at the same time moving to open its formerly closed economy to international investment and exchange. As part of its broader transformation, the southern nation asks to join the economic union to its north.

Many residents in the north are wary. After all, the southern country has just ended decades of one-party government, and its commitment to democracy is uncertain. Decades of protectionism have left it with a bloated and inefficient bureaucracy, a motley collection of money-losing state-owned enterprises, antiquated transportation and communication networks, an underdeveloped banking and monetary system, a legal structure of questionable integrity, and a welfare state that is far less generous than the safety nets prevailing to the north. Given these deficiencies, it is hardly surprising that income in the southern nation remains a small fraction of that in the north. And given the southern country's high fertility rates and young population, it's also unsurprising that the nation has historically sent large numbers of migrant workers northward.

Northern policymakers have a genuine dilemma.

On the one hand, admitting the southern nation as a full-fledged member will expand the size of the union's internal market, offer northern producers access to less expensive labor, create new opportunities for northern investors, and give residents of cold-weather climates new and sunny tourism and retirement options. Membership might also help to institutionalize democratic rule and economic reforms in the southern country.

On the other hand, granting full membership to their poor southern neighbor could, some fear, prompt a wave of factory closings and job losses, as northern firms establish new plants in the south to take advantage of lower labor costs. Other northerners fear that southern workers, suddenly free to cross borders, will migrate northward by the thousands in search of higher earnings. Some outline a doomsday scenario: Cities in the north would come to house self-contained enclaves of low-skill workers who resist assimilation into the host society.

The foregoing scenario is not hypothetical, of course. It was a concrete problem that policymakers faced during the last quarter of the 20th century in the United States -- and in Europe.

Spanish President-for-life Francisco Franco died in 1975, ending four decades of fascist rule and ushering in a shift to constitutional democracy and economic reform. As part of its bid to modernize, Spain applied to enter the European Union in July 1977, which led to a prolonged negotiation that culminated in the nation's admission on Jan. 1, 1986 (along with its neighbor Portugal).

In North America, meanwhile, a series of economic and political crises during the 1970s and 1980s led to a restructuring of Mexico's political economy and to the emergence of competitive elections that challenged the ruling party's monopoly. To institutionalize economic reforms and attract foreign investment, in 1989 Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari asked to join a free-trade agreement Canada and the United States had recently concluded. After several years of negotiations, on Jan. 1, 1994, Mexico joined the two countries in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Although the ruling party won the presidential election that year, voting was generally perceived to be open and fair, and in 2000, an opposition candidate won the presidency for the first time in six decades as the ruling party lost control of Congress, confirming Mexico's transition to democracy.

Despite real similarities in their situations, the paths taken to economic union by Spain and Mexico proved to be quite different -- and so did the results of those unions.

For Spain, the EU adopted full economic integration as the preferred goal, and substantial resources -- equivalent to tens of billions of U.S. dollars -- were made available to modernize Spanish institutions and infrastructure so they would harmonize with conditions in the north. As these investments were made, Spanish out-migration to the rest of Europe not only did not increase; it stopped, despite a continuing income gap between Spain and the rest of the EU.

In the U.S., in contrast, authorities chose not to pursue full economic integration, instead negotiating terms that were exploitive of Mexico and protective of the U.S. And since the signing of NAFTA, migration from Mexico to its northern neighbor has continued unabated as efforts to increase border enforcement have backfired, encouraging Mexican migrants in the U.S. to remain and actually increasing net undocumented migration.

Although you wouldn't guess it from the current U.S. immigration debate or presidential campaign, many authoritative studies of EU integration and NAFTA reveal a clear lesson: If the money devoted to U.S. border enforcement were instead channeled into structural adjustment in Mexico, as was done by the EU for Spain, unauthorized migration would likely disappear as a significant demographic and political issue in North America. This assertion is not a matter of ideological belief or airy theorizing; it is based on authoritative economic measurements and real-world experience.

more...

http://www.alternet.org/immigration/118048...ed_immigration/

How did I know that the above would eventually get around to slamming the USA?

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Look calling it illegal, undocumented or unauthorized won't change a thing, therefore I don't mind any of those words as long as Mexico, particularity, and the US fix this sh!t up

There's nothing to fix. Let them in.

I say mine the border on our side of the fence.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cool, it will be like the Philippines.... plenty of maids and drivers to go around. I would like both.

They will have lots of kids and make the schools even worse than they are now and so in order to get a good education, the well to do will send their kids to private school.... wow, again, just like the Philippines!!!!

When the Filipinos go home for a visit, eventually they won't even recognize a difference.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline
Look calling it illegal, as long as Mexico, particularity, and the US fix this sh!t up

I agree..... it will take a joint cooperative effort, and the USA Policy makers should hold South American Govts. accountable for the immigration problems that USA has to pay for.

Majority of the $ that Illegals earn illegally is sent back to their country of origin only a small % is returned to the economy so The USA should take all the cost it puts out for illegal immigrants ( cost of enforcement, costs of jailing, costs of medical & other social subsidizing and take that amount away from foriegn aid the USA send to mexico in addiotn take away the amount of trade the USA does with Mexico, improt less from south america, ans make those Govt.s accountable for their own people if problems in htose countries are fixed unlikely yes, but if ... then people wouldn't need to come into USA illegally.

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Timeline

Cool, it will be like the Philippines.... plenty of maids and drivers to go around. I would like both.

They will have lots of kids and make the schools even worse than they are now and so in order to get a good education, the well to do will send their kids to private school.... wow, again, just like the Philippines!!!!

When the Filipinos go home for a visit, eventually they won't even recognize a difference.

You must not see what has already taken place in the US School system. We are flooded with IllegaL immigrants children oooh i am sorry we are trying to be nice, we are flooded with bananas, whose parents refuse to assimilate to the nation they invade illegallty, so the Bananas' children are unprepared for school, therefore legal citizens/ immigrants' children get less education because teacher are pooling funds and resources to help the bananas who don't speak english , have parents that don't help thme assimilate and contribute 0/NADA, NOTHING to the USA. it is already happening.

The USA should not allow children of illegal immigrants to attend public schools, unless the parent s pay a fee to make up for all the resources that go into teaching children of illegals.

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd