dani_christine

argh! today is day 170...still no biometrics

15 posts in this topic

so it's day 170...we applied for AOS back in august...receipt date was Aug 12th. we've STILL not received notice to appear for biometrics--despite an unsuccessful walk-in attempt and and unsuccessful infopass attempt.

i sent this letter to the Lee's Summit office today. we'll see if they can help us. :help:

December 27, 2005

USCIS

P.O. Box 648005

Lee’s Summit, MO 64064

January 28, 2006

Re: Case # MSC0000000000

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to inquire about my I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status as listed above. This application was submitted and received at the Chicago Lock Box with a receipt date of August 12, 2005.

The USCIS website shows that the status of this case was last updated on August 24, 2005. As of this date, I have still not received notification to report for biometrics in relation to this application.

In late December, 2005, I visited the Kansas City District office in an attempt to inquire about the status of my case. I was told that I needed to make an infopass appointment, and that I would be fingerprinted that day. I was soon to be traveling outside of the country, so I made an infopass appointment upon my return, and on January 17, 2006, I again visited the Kansas City District Office in hopes of getting my biometrics completed. Unfortunately, at this appointment, I was instructed to contact the Lee’s Summit office for more information about the status of my application.

My NOA stated that it is taking between 120-180 days to process this type of application, and as today is day 170, I am contacting you to request further information as to the status of my application, and to request an appointment to complete my biometrics. I appreciate your assistance in processing my application, and look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Anthony J. Lastname

Enclosure (1)

i looked at the processing dates today for the kansas city office, and they state they're currently working on cases with a receipt date of May 4, 2005. :blink: i'm not sure we'll *ever* be finished with this AOS nightmare. someone console me, dang it.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

dani ...

sorry, i have a hard time with the console thing via the internet ... but i really don't understand why people find this such a hassle and nightmare still. you're with your spouse, he has his SSN, he has his grant for school, he has his AP (not sure if he applied for EAD or not) ... is there something that he can't do at the moment without his GC??

anyway ... i hope you get a positive response with the letter you've posted!!! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Gimy, I think it's just frustration and wanting to get it over with for peace of mind - give her a hug!

Christine - I hope you hear something soon and your letter works. Have you ever tried calling the NVC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How utterly frustrating, especially since I was able to do a walk in here in Chicago. Are there any other offices in your area of KC that can do it? Try going in on a Wednesday and explain your situation, or just ask if you can get the biometrics done. See if there's a drop in day. They may not like it, but if you have all your documentation and get there first thing in the morning, they'll possibly let you through.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

awwwwww Dani (((((HUGS))))) to you...I agree that if you have a case that you're not overly worried about(and yes, I know things can happen in all of them but ya' all know what I mean so don't nit pick! ;) )AOS is much less stressful because we're with our honies..but we also are just SICK of it by this point. We all CHOSE to do this, but it still bites the big one to have to jump through all the hoops just to be with the ones we love(I'm speaking as if I'm the immigrant but ya'all also know what I mean on this one!!) WE as couples just want to be DONE with it! So...I hope you hear something soon...will be thinkin' of ya! :) Michelle & Craig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

awwwwww Dani (((((HUGS))))) to you...I agree that if you have a case that you're not overly worried about(and yes, I know things can happen in all of them but ya' all know what I mean so don't nit pick! ;) )AOS is much less stressful because we're with our honies..but we also are just SICK of it by this point. We all CHOSE to do this, but it still bites the big one to have to jump through all the hoops just to be with the ones we love(I'm speaking as if I'm the immigrant but ya'all also know what I mean on this one!!) WE as couples just want to be DONE with it! So...I hope you hear something soon...will be thinkin' of ya! :) Michelle & Craig

you said it exactly right!

yes, we're together....so in that aspect, it's much better than waiting for the K-1 to be approved. but he still doesn't have authorization to work...we didn't file for the EAD because frankly, we didn't expect it to take *this* long. now we're caught, wondering if we should go ahead and fork over the cash for the EAD...or if we'll have heard something in 90 days about his AOS. *sigh*

anyway, thanks for understanding. <3

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

I would highly suggest to go for EAD. If you look around this forum very few people had their EAD approved in less than a year...

EAD would be good start to be able to work...

And just it case it will take even longer than that... look at mine... :( At least he can work... Probably make the cash you will spend for EAD itself...

Best of Luck

Luc :energetic:

Jan-09-2005 ~ Filled I-485 together with EAD and AP (sent to Chicago)

Jan-12-2005 ~ NOA (I-485 and EAD Biometrics notice received)

Feb-02-2005 ~ AP Email: APPROVED

Feb-07-2005 ~ AP came in mail, 26days (since Jan12 NOA)

Feb-26-2005 ~ I-485 and EAD Biometrics in New York, NY

Mar-02-2005 ~ I-485 Notice: "Your Fingerprints results received…" 48days

Mar-02-2005 ~ EAD Email: APPROVED

Mar-05-2005 ~ EAD in mail: The card starts on Feb 05, Nice...

Mar-07-2005 ~ Interview Notice for October 6th 2005 in Garden City, NY

Oct-06-2005 ~ Interview: Background checks not completed

Jan-09-2006 ~ What a coincident ;) E-filled For EAD and AP renewal

Jan-25-2006 ~ right index finger fingerprinted and photo taken

Sept-15-2006 ~ AP renewal approved 247 days

Sept-21-2006 ~ EAD renewal approved 253 days

Sept-30-2006 ~ 2nd Biometrics appointment

June-18-2007 ~ E-filed yet another Work Permit and AP renewal :(

After 2 years, 6 moths and one day I have received this email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

Thank you very much about the time

Wow, I am amazed you can manage without Anthony working! Is he not really bored? I would apply for EAD if I were him.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Wow, I am amazed you can manage without Anthony working! Is he not really bored? I would apply for EAD if I were him.

well, he is in school, so that helps with the boredom factor...although he's mentioned several times that if he had authorization he'd like to work at least part-time someplace. we manage ok on just my income, thankfully. but it would be nice to have a little extra cash here and there, know what i mean?

we'll see what we hear from Lee's Summit...if it's still not looking good, we might just go ahead and file for the EAD.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was concerned about the processing times for AOS in KC and we filed the EAD with the rest of our package and it appears we will have it in about 90 days.

One friend submitted for EAD online and was able to call for a biometrics appointment the next day. It took them about 60 days to get the card, but that was in Boston. You might give this a shot and see if it will get things moving. Also when you go for your biometrics for EAD take your receipt for AOS with you and the odds are you can convince them to do the biometrics for it at the same time.

-- K1 Timeline --

12-06-2004.... I-129F to NSC

09-29-2005.....Interview

11-19-2005.....Filed for AOS to Chicago

06-22-2006.....Green Card Arrived

02-16-2008.....Mailed I-751 to remove conditions to NSC

02-18-2008.....I-751 delivered by USPS

02-19-2008.....I-751 receipt date

02-22-2008.....Check cleared bank

02-25-2008.....I-797 mailed from CSC

02-27-2008.....I-797 received from CSC

03-18-2008.....Biometrics

07-17-2008.....10 year Green Card received

--------------------

-- K2 Timeline -- Follow-to-Join

02-18-2006.....Mailed request for GZ to begin processing K-2 for son (included complete P3 info)

05-23-2006.....Original Interview Date - Rescheduled by request

06-29-2006.....Interview Date - Approved

08-25-2006.....AOS application sent

01-27-2007.....Green Card Arrived

05-10-2007.....Adoption complete

07-01-2008.....US Citizen (Child Citizenship Act)

08-19-2008.....US Passport Issue Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I JUST received our bio appointment letter today (Sent Febuary 7th). They have had it since October. They must be backed up. :huh:

Timeline - Please view my timeline and PM me reguarding any questions you may have. =)

Just a silly girl from Canuckastian. =O

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It seems that somehow filing for EAD helps speed things along. You could at least be sure to have your biometrics taken within 90 days (in conjunction with interim EAD, if the bio appointment does not arrive by then). And I know that my interview got scheduled soon after I had biometrics taken, so it seems to be a necessary step.

Just an observation.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

hi, we were on the same page before i contacted my congress women, it was more then 180 days, and we never got a called for biometrics, i contacted my congresswomen, they sent the letter to the lee summitt and after few days we got a letter from the lee summit stating that they were waiting from us to schedule biometrics. it was ridiculous, according to the i485 noa#1 it stated that the USCIS will schedule an appointment for biometrics. after few days we received a letter for biometrics, got it done and received our EAD in few days. EAD card has an issue date of Sept 05, however we received it in Jan 06.

Hope this help.

Karim * Laila.

4/3/2004 engaged in usmania hotel Karachi Pakistan

4/23/2004 sent I-129F to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

4/28/2004 Received NOA#1

9/4/2004 Received NOA#2

10/11/2004 Sent packet 3.5 to Islamabad consulate

10/21/2004 Interview date set for 12/17/2004.

6/7/2005 Fiancé arrived in Chicago, no problems at POE

6/25/2005 Got married

7/25/2005 - filed for I-485,I-131, I-765

11/5/2005 - got AP

1/31/2006 - biometerics completed

2/1/2006 - got the EAD

2/10/2006 got the conditional greencard

3/14/2007 applied i-751 to remove the status on the conditional green card

4/2/2007 got rejected, the uscis is saying i need to apply for i-90, need help....

hi, we were on the same page before i contacted my congress women, it was more then 180 days, and we never got a called for biometrics, i contacted my congresswomen, they sent the letter to the lee summitt and after few days we got a letter from the lee summit stating that they were waiting from us to schedule biometrics. it was ridiculous, according to the i485 noa#1 it stated that the USCIS will schedule an appointment for biometrics. after few days we received a letter for biometrics, got it done and received our EAD in few days. EAD card has an issue date of Sept 05, however we received it in Jan 06.

Hope this help.

Karim * Laila.

thank you for the suggestion. yes, i think we are in the same place now...we need to contact our senator. i just can't understand what on earth is taking them so freaking long. grrr

anyway, as an update to this thread, we've still not heard a word in response from the Lee's Summit office. :ranting:

i think i'll work on that letter to our senator this weekend. wish me luck!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.