birdboy

Help I screwed up - Bounced Check

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
Next time when you write a check to the DHS make sure you check your funds and deposit the amount of money in your checking account so you save yourself alot of time and stress.

Good advice..

and always remember to eat a good breakfast in the mornings

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Next time when you write a check to the DHS make sure you check your funds and deposit the amount of money in your checking account so you save yourself alot of time and stress.

Good advice..

and always remember to eat a good breakfast in the mornings

Oh, and put on clean underwear before you leave too. :whistle:

I'd really still like confirmation USCIS accepted a single check for multiple fees. That would be highly unusual.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If the check usually bounce one time, they, the USCIS finance dept or whomever control the check deposit, will resubmit the check for one more time, usually within 24 hours. If the check bounced twiced, the petition will be put on hold and send your check back and could rejected your case altogether. If they are nice enough- they will hold your documents until they get the money from you by money order or register checks. It is really hard to call the USCIS because the customer service is not even in the actual USCIS office, they working somewhere else but you could give it a try. Goodluck!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

I'd really still like confirmation USCIS accepted a single check for multiple fees. That would be highly unusual.

Nothing unusual. From the "fee schedule":

Fees for forms and biometric services may be paid by one check or money order, or separate check or money order.

However, the USCIS webpage contains many warnings similar to this one:

Applicants should be aware that when one check is submitted to pay for multiple forms, all applications will be rejected if the check is not in the correct amount, or if any form has inadvertently been left unsigned.

Timeline

Nothing unusual. From the "fee schedule":

Fees for forms and biometric services may be paid by one check or money order, or separate check or money order.

However, the USCIS webpage contains many warnings similar to this one:

Applicants should be aware that when one check is submitted to pay for multiple forms, all applications will be rejected if the check is not in the correct amount, or if any form has inadvertently been left unsigned.

Yet, I've seen whole packages rejected because the I-130 and I-485 fees were combined in one check. Go figure. Standard advice is to include a separate check for each fee and attach that check to the petition or application to which it applies.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Next time, send a money order. They don't bounce :)

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Timeline
Next time, send a money order. They don't bounce :)

We get people here all the time wishing they used personal checks so they would know when they cleared the bank. That's pretty difficult with a money order. People who are worried about bouncing checks would be wise to use money orders for USCIS fees. The rest are better off with checks.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.