emailme

Just got a letter for interview..BUT!!!

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just received a letter today and I thought this is probably a biometric appointment letter...

cause it's about time..(please see my signature...)

But it was 'request for applicant to appear for initial interview', case type: form i-485...

and local office address, date and time on the bottom. Please tell me this is the letter for interview..!!

Sorry...my first time to see this letter actually.. :P

Anyway, I feel little weird because I never get any appointment letter for biometircs yet.

Does anyone has any experience like this? I think this is little bit off of normal processing procedure.

Is it possible to make an appointment thru infopass and have biometrics taken before the interview?

I think that way I could reduce the whole processing time and get a stamp on my passport at the interview.

If anyone has any idea what should I do with this, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Congratulations! The letter you have received is for your green card / AOS interview. Dont worry about not having your Biometrics done yet, there has been alot of cases recently, including mine, where people have had their interviews first. Infopass wont be able to help on this occasion, but when you attend the interview they will give you a letter with your Biometrics appointment, thats what happened with me when I was interviewed Monday just gone.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Thank you for your posting! I feel much better now..are you in San Diego?

I'm in Mira Mesa area. It's so nice to see you here!

Wow! It looks like San Diego people are getting their interviews really quickly, I have seen others from the area who have also had speedy interviews. Again, like you said, its always nice to see someone who lives nearby going through the same process. I live in Santee, I think thats near the Mira Mesa area????

Oh, and I just noticed you also got married the same day as me ... November 12th!!! lol

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey email - i am in the same boat and infopass didn't help me get an appointment when I tried, luckily the biometrics letter came in a couple weeks after that. I am in Colorado but they must be going through the same scenario.

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Thank you for your posting! I feel much better now..are you in San Diego?

I'm in Mira Mesa area. It's so nice to see you here!

Wow! It looks like San Diego people are getting their interviews really quickly, I have seen others from the area who have also had speedy interviews. Again, like you said, its always nice to see someone who lives nearby going through the same process. I live in Santee, I think thats near the Mira Mesa area????

Oh, and I just noticed you also got married the same day as me ... November 12th!!! lol

Oh..MY..Good God.. :D Yeah...I just noticed that you got married the same day! Ama-zing~

My wife's gonna be in San Diego this weekend, yeah..we got married but still in form of long-distance relationship..and it's her turn to visit.. lol... maybe we can hang out somewhere around San Diego.

I heard that the interview in Chula Vista office is kinda smooth and easy going for most of applicants.

How's your interview?

Edited by emailme

Hey email - i am in the same boat and infopass didn't help me get an appointment when I tried, luckily the biometrics letter came in a couple weeks after that. I am in Colorado but they must be going through the same scenario.

Thanks Motu, actually my top priority is getting EAD..that way I can move out to where my wife resides and get a job out there. But my case seems going faster so far and hopefully having biomtrics and EAD process done without any delay and problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can try to do a "walk-in" and get the Biometric done at your local District Office. No appointment letter required for Kim, just NOA1. In your case, try to show up with your letter of appointment for INTERVIEW. I can't imagine they would turn you down when it is obviously they didn't follow the routine process :)

Try it!!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Motu, actually my top priority is getting EAD..that way I can move out to where my wife resides and get a job out there. But my case seems going faster so far and hopefully having biomtrics and EAD process done without any delay and problem.

Don't try and do this with the Newark NJ office. Absolutely no flexibility and rude responses, even though I was asked to go in for the biometrics the day before BY THE USCIS on the phone.

To provide a bit of background, the USCIS did not send me the biometrics appointment letter for my wife's EAD, only the AOS biometrics appoitment letter (at that time I didn't know we needed to do biometrics for both the EAD and AOS). The EAD was late in coming, so we made an infopass appointment, at which point they said that the EAD was approved but they couldn't give it to us as we didn't have the biometrics done.

After long calls the same day to the USCIS 800 help number, they told us to go in the next day to do the biometrics at 8 am (a one hour plus drive from home and work). After we arrived and waited an hour, they would not do the biometrics under any circumstances without the biometrics appointment letter. I politely asked to see the manager and she would not even let me explain - her words were "I don't need you coming in here and ranting and raving" I was amazed, I had to laugh and could only reply "ranting and raving, can't I even explain"?

Finally, she said, "yes go ahead and explain if you want" at which point I calmy said that we were told on the phone to come in by USCIS at 8 am, whereby she cut me off with "what they told you on the phone has nothing to do with us".

Us and them, like the two had nothing to do with one another. Very frustrating.

Do not expect any independent thinking by these people or for them to pick up a phone, look at a computer, or do anything else for you.

Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You guys are lucky that you already have all that interview stuff scheduled and out of the way. I am hoping that my wife will be as lucky an soon received a letter lke you guys ... I am hoping that San Diego is moving through everything more quickly than other district offices. I mailed my AOS 2 weeks after you guys so hopefully we will get some good news like you all did.

check out my blog

My China Blog

1/23/06 - Mailed AOS

1/25/06 - received by Chicago

1/31/06 - NOA 1

5/25/06 - Interview passed and received greencard stamp

Finally done with this process until 2008.

I don't know why..but San Diego is like rising star for their processing time.. :P

Also talked to another guy in San Diego and they also got the interview letter about a month after filing.

I'm not sure about 'walk-in' biometircs yet. I think it's all depends on the location and people to deal with.

Need more real story to give a shot though.

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i posted this same incident on other threads. so here it is again....i'm glad we are not the only one that this happened to. my wife received her AOS interview letter 1 week before her biometrics appointment. so we are heading to her biometrics appointment this saturday. and her interview appointment will be in 2 weeks. good luck!

AJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.