Mia2009

AOS Medical Examination (K1)

6 posts in this topic

What are the medical examination requirement for K1 during the AOS process? I already had a medical examination before I got my K1 visa from the Philippines. Do I need to go through another one for the AOS process?

Do I still have to prepare the I-693 form? Or will this be provided to me already - I am not sure if this is included in the Visa packet or not. I've checked from the USCIS website and it was stated that this is no longer needed for applicants with fiance visa.

Lastly, I had a previous pulmonary infection (minimal PTB) but passed all my sputum culture test. What should I expect when I arrive in the US? Do I still need to go through the same series of test before we can file for my AOS?

Thank you and I really appreciate all your help!

Regards,

LMY

What are the medical examination requirement for K1 during the AOS process? I already had a medical examination before I got my K1 visa from the Philippines. Do I need to go through another one for the AOS process?

Read the instructions on page 4, section III, #2.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Do I still have to prepare the I-693 form? Or will this be provided to me already - I am not sure if this is included in the Visa packet or not. I've checked from the USCIS website and it was stated that this is no longer needed for applicants with fiance visa.

Yes, but you do not complete the form yourself. A USCIS-appointed doctor called Civil Surgeon" must complete it for you. You should bring with you a copy of the Vaccination Supplement that the Phillipine doctor gave you during your K1 medical exam.

Lastly, I had a previous pulmonary infection (minimal PTB) but passed all my sputum culture test. What should I expect when I arrive in the US? Do I still need to go through the same series of test before we can file for my AOS?

The Civil Surgeon you visit to complete your I-693 form will tell you what you need with regard to this.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, but you do not complete the form yourself. A USCIS-appointed doctor called Civil Surgeon" must complete it for you. You should bring with you a copy of the Vaccination Supplement that the Phillipine doctor gave you during your K1 medical exam.

The Civil Surgeon you visit to complete your I-693 form will tell you what you need with regard to this.

:thumbs:

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

If you were one that had the sputum test and did the sputum culture and pass all these without medication your passport will have the visa as PTB Class B1 you will be adviced to see a doctor for follow up check up which the immigration will tell you where and its free. You will be given a letter to bring to the clinic. Another xray and skin test will be performed. Dont worry you will be guided what to do next.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.