12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a quick question hope someone can shead some light for me. It has been over 6 months since I got my noa1 and I have still yet to hear about my noa2. So I decided to look at my packet that I sent seeing if there was something I missed. As I was looking through I noticed that my marriage name and my birth certificate are different I still have my ex-husbands last name never changed it to my maiden name so my birth certificate has my maiden name and all my other forms has my married name. I forgot to submit my marriage certificate to prove I have changed my name I put in my divorce certificate to show that I am legally divorced. My question is that going to cause a problem and that is why it is taking so long to get my noa2 i havent received any RFE or anything so I dont know what is going on. Should I call and send that in you think they will need that. I dont know what to do and now im worried something is wrong. It shouldnt of taken this long to hear anything. Stress and depression is killing me and Im getting worried. :(

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I have a quick question hope someone can shead some light for me. It has been over 6 months since I got my noa1 and I have still yet to hear about my noa2. So I decided to look at my packet that I sent seeing if there was something I missed. As I was looking through I noticed that my marriage name and my birth certificate are different I still have my ex-husbands last name never changed it to my maiden name so my birth certificate has my maiden name and all my other forms has my married name. I forgot to submit my marriage certificate to prove I have changed my name I put in my divorce certificate to show that I am legally divorced. My question is that going to cause a problem and that is why it is taking so long to get my noa2 i havent received any RFE or anything so I dont know what is going on. Should I call and send that in you think they will need that. I dont know what to do and now im worried something is wrong. It shouldnt of taken this long to hear anything. Stress and depression is killing me and Im getting worried. :(

Is your maiden name shown on the divorce certificate?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
No It is not but on the form you had to fill out it does show my maiden name on there where I had used another name before such as my maiden name.
Edited by skeez&titanic

You're a tad behind what might be expected for being adjudicated - but just a tad so I wouldn't go looking for possible issues just yet - I know thats easier said than done but there isn't a lot to do at this point and you can't assume the 'maiden name' discrepancy is the cause for any delay. Hang in there. :thumbs:

Call them.

It says on the NOA1 "If you do not receive an initial decision or update from us within our current processing time, check our website or call 800-375-5283."

It won't hurt anything, and give you some peace of mind!

Plus - no RFE, it might not be an issue, but if you suspect the problem, get all the things now you may need to answer the RFE (if that is the reason).

good luck

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Call them.

It says on the NOA1 "If you do not receive an initial decision or update from us within our current processing time, check our website or call 800-375-5283."

It won't hurt anything, and give you some peace of mind!

Plus - no RFE, it might not be an issue, but if you suspect the problem, get all the things now you may need to answer the RFE (if that is the reason).

good luck

Yes, I'd get that marriage certificate ready. If you end up not needing it for USCIS, the Consulate is likely to be more picky.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I have the marriage certificate in case they need. And Ive been trying to call the USCIS but I get the automated system and it will not direct me to speak to a live person. But thank you everyone I appreciate it

I'm guessing they would send you the RFE if they needed evidence of name change / marriage certificate.

Plus, I'm sure most people sent their divorce papers and filled out names as their married name.. as long as you put your maiden name on the part where it asks for it, it's probably file. Sit tight with your marriage certificate just in case.. people are approved after the 6 month mark, hang in there.

I had a similar situation - my maiden name is on my birth certificate however my name on all my documents show my ex husband name - I never bothered to revert back to my maiden name. I believe I submitted a copy of marriage certificate along with the divorce document. However, I would think the delay is purely due to the time to process and if they want the marriage certificate they will send RFE for it. I know they RFE'd us for the divorce decree so all you can do right now wait it out, hang on in there !

Good Luck

Timeline

okay thank you very much i appreciate it I guess if it was an issue they would of contacted me. Just seems like it is taking forever and I didnt want to delay it anymore. Because I am already coming up on my 7 month mark.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.