Amby

karaoke is the most annoying invention ever

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The karaoke machine has been named in a government survey as the most irritating invention.

1467445.jpg

A poll of more than 2,500 adults found that that nearly 25% of Brits wish it had never been invented.

Other annoying creations included 24-hour sports channels, computer games consoles, mobile phones and alarm clocks.

Invented in 1971 by a Japanese musician called Inoue Daisuke, karaoke, which means "empty orchestra", became popular in Asia before being introduced to the rest of the world in the 1980s.

Daisuke never patented his invention, which he made by combining a car stereo, a coin box and an amplifier, a mistake which has cost him an estimated £100 million.

Kane Kramer, a director of the British Inventors Society, said: "Seeing the karaoke machine at the top of that list made me smile.

"When people are singing karaoke they are enjoying themselves, but as a member of the audience you are just watching somebody who can't perform, and isn't particularly pleasant to listen to, for as long as you can bear it."

The karaoke machine was brought to Britain by Ivor Arbiter, who died in 2005, and his daughter Joanne, after they visited a Japanese trade show in 1987.

Joanne said: "It might be irritating in the pub, but it's also given millions of people who didn't know they could sing the opportunity to discover they can."

But inventor Rob Law said: "If you've created a product that has become so popular that it's become annoying, then you're going to be put down as pretty great inventor."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3150924.html?menu=

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
The karaoke machine has been named in a government survey as the most irritating invention.

1467445.jpg

A poll of more than 2,500 adults found that that nearly 25% of Brits wish it had never been invented.

Other annoying creations included 24-hour sports channels, computer games consoles, mobile phones and alarm clocks.

Invented in 1971 by a Japanese musician called Inoue Daisuke, karaoke, which means "empty orchestra", became popular in Asia before being introduced to the rest of the world in the 1980s.

Daisuke never patented his invention, which he made by combining a car stereo, a coin box and an amplifier, a mistake which has cost him an estimated £100 million.

Kane Kramer, a director of the British Inventors Society, said: "Seeing the karaoke machine at the top of that list made me smile.

"When people are singing karaoke they are enjoying themselves, but as a member of the audience you are just watching somebody who can't perform, and isn't particularly pleasant to listen to, for as long as you can bear it."

The karaoke machine was brought to Britain by Ivor Arbiter, who died in 2005, and his daughter Joanne, after they visited a Japanese trade show in 1987.

Joanne said: "It might be irritating in the pub, but it's also given millions of people who didn't know they could sing the opportunity to discover they can."

But inventor Rob Law said: "If you've created a product that has become so popular that it's become annoying, then you're going to be put down as pretty great inventor."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3150924.html?menu=

24 hour sports channels and my cell phone are 2 of the most important things in my life...

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes! It isn't just me!!!! :thumbs:

Validated! WooHoo!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Validated! WooHoo!

:lol: Filipinos call it videoke....they love it. I find it too robotic and difficult to sing to. I'd rather sing along to someone playing a piano or a guitar.

Timeline

Validated! WooHoo!

:lol: Filipinos call it videoke....they love it. I find it too robotic and difficult to sing to. I'd rather sing along to someone playing a piano or a guitar.

There is a place on Bourbon Street, aptly named "The Cats Meow". :whistle:

Edited by LorriQ

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
karaoke annoys me but also makes me laugh. it's normally the people who are the worst that give the best/most hilarious performance

alcohol helps the humor on both ends! And EARPLUGS! :lol:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
karaoke annoys me but also makes me laugh. it's normally the people who are the worst that give the best/most hilarious performance

We're a much more uptight culture when comes to singing in public than say Japan, Korea or the PI. While we care about singing on key, they don't. :lol:

My wife loves karaoke and we are going to a local establishment tomorrow night so she can sing a few songs. For some reason God gave the singing gift to many Filipinos and my little songbird is one of them. :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Invented in 1971 by a Japanese musician called Inoue Daisuke, karaoke, which means "empty orchestra"

I thought it meant "tone-deaf" :blink:

Joanne said: "It might be irritating in the pub, but it's also given millions of people who didn't know they could sing the opportunity to discover prove they can't."

There, fixored...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

For us Filipinos, Videoke is the best thing that ever happen. After Pres. Gloria Arroyo. :wacko:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

They love Videoke in the Philippines.

I used to hate it, but now it's pretty cool.

I am amazed how beautiful voices Pinays have, they are very good singer.

It's good entertainment.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

For us Filipinos, Videoke is the best thing that ever happen. After Pres. Gloria Arroyo. :wacko:

:thumbs: My baby will be doing her thing tonight :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Everything annoys me.

I'm with ya on that one!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg