Amby

elephant art

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A group of elephants are using their trunks to paint amazing artworks in a jungle conservation camp in Thailand.

1467672.jpg

The giant creatures have created hundreds of pieces at the centre, where they also play football and basketball.

Among them is 11-year-old Lankam, whose masterpieces include a delicate painting of a potted yellow flower.

Swedish photographer Bronek Kaminski was travelling through Chiang Mai's Maesa Valley in Thailand when he stumbled across the park.

He said: "I was amazed by the elephants. They hold the brush in their trunks and paint as if it's second nature. Each stroke is so considered - it's quite unbelievable."

Male Lankam is one of eight elephant artists at the Maesa Elephant Camp, which draws thousands of tourists to the northern Thai region every year.

Together, in 2004, they created a 72ft by 8ft work which sold for £20,000 and is officially recognised as the largest and most expensive painting by a group of elephants.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3152370.html?menu=

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
A group of elephants are using their trunks to paint amazing artworks in a jungle conservation camp in Thailand.

elephantart01nc5.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty good for an elephant, I guess.

I bet I could do one better, though...

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

I've been to that camp. I bought some paper made from elephant dung.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

elephantart01nc5.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty good for an elephant, I guess.

I bet I could do one better, though...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

elephantart01nc5.jpg

:rofl:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---