Piscean

Fiance is pregnant. Is it ok to apply for a K1 visa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can we file an application for fiance visa? I am pregnant with my fiance's child. I'm wondering if i gave birth prior the issuance of visa can we bring our child with us?

If we apply, Is our child eligible for K2 visa even if the child's name is not included in the application since the baby hasn't been born yet when we file the application.

Any option about this issue. I need advices.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

pregnancy has nothing to do with K-1, if you can wait then you can have the baby in America if not then you'll have some special forms to fill out for the baby, and most likely a DNA test will be requested.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline
pregnancy has nothing to do with K-1, if you can wait then you can have the baby in America if not then you'll have some special forms to fill out for the baby, and most likely a DNA test will be requested.

What special forms do we need to fill out?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the child has a claim to US citizenship then it you need to get a consular report of birth abroad... if all is good, then the child gets a US passport

YMMV

Timeline

Did this one ourselves. It is called a consular report of birth abroad (CRBA). Getting a DNA test is one option but if the father is willing to guarantee ( sign and notarize ) that he will support the child until they are 18, you don't need a DNA test. However, if the father requests it, I would do it for his piece of mind.

Here is a link with the instructions. Get daddys signature on the birth cert and then be sure to get a birth cert on NSO paper asap. You will need it.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

Congradulations and good luck!

post-49074-1231511400_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbbri

Congratulations :thumbs: If the child is born in the Philippines you will need to go to the embassy to file papers for citizenship. You might look at the Manila website, there might be some info there.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Can we file an application for fiance visa? I am pregnant with my fiance's child. I'm wondering if i gave birth prior the issuance of visa can we bring our child with us?

If we apply, Is our child eligible for K2 visa even if the child's name is not included in the application since the baby hasn't been born yet when we file the application.

Any option about this issue. I need advices.

You file a petition, not an application but pregnancy has no bearing on petition filing. There will be some issues others have mentioned, with regard to the child.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.