Ajster1989

New User needs help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

OK so I'm new to this most definitely.... and I really have no clue as to what i'm doing..... but here it goes......

I met my future wife while working up in northern Indiana. I fell in love with her that week and that was the last time i would see her in person for a while....

but we stayed in touch, talking on the phone every night and using the web cams... and now we are going to get married.... at the end of Feb. I am moving to

be with her and work and save money for this long process.

well that's how we met... let me tell you a little bit about our situation... (this is where we can use all the advice we can get)

She is from Russia, she was working here on a student visa. The only reason she stayed in the States was because of me.

She is temporarily legal right now because she is waiting on a response to a status of visa change request she filed shortly before her student visa expired...

We are going to get married and are going to tackle this process, but if it fails I am going to Russia for sure :thumbs:...

so any advice.....

I guess the best question for me to ask is... How does a citizen that is married to an an illegal immigrant go about the green card process...

I really just need the step by step process :bonk::help:

OK so I'm new to this most definitely.... and I really have no clue as to what i'm doing..... but here it goes......

I met my future wife while working up in northern Indiana. I fell in love with her that week and that was the last time i would see her in person for a while....

but we stayed in touch, talking on the phone every night and using the web cams... and now we are going to get married.... at the end of Feb. I am moving to

well that's how we met... let me tell you a little bit about our situation... (this is where we can use all the advice we can get)

She is from Russia, she was working here on a student visa. The only reason she stayed in the States was because of me.

She is temporarily legal right now because she is waiting on a response to a status of visa change request she filed shortly before her student visa expired...

We are going to get married and are going to tackle this process, but if it fails I am going to Russia for sure :thumbs:...

so any advice.....

I guess the best question for me to ask is... How does a citizen that is married to an an illegal immigrant go about the green card process...

She can marry and adjust status. She has to stay here until she gets her GC.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

so any advice.....

She can marry and adjust status. She has to stay here until she gets her GC.

:huh: What is a "GC"? :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Green Card!

Start by reading the guides on Adjusting Status at the top of the forum.

Edited by English Muffin

Timeline

Green Card!

Actually after i posted that i knew what it meant.... I just have so much stress right now i can't even think....

Any one else have any advice i can really use all i can get...

Green Card!

Actually after i posted that i knew what it meant.... I just have so much stress right now i can't even think....

Any one else have any advice i can really use all i can get...

First - read this guide - Guide

You will need to marry her, prior to the student visa expiring, to avoid any hassles.

Since she was here legally, (student visa), you should not have any issues. However, what is she trying to change her visa status too?

Good Luck and welcome to VJ!

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS