35 posts in this topic

well I've got my TBs skin test at an instant care.The result is positive.In this case I need another X-ray.The last one that I made was before the K-1 interview-in august.The civil surgeon told me to go there with the tb result.They didn't tell me if they will do a X-ray ,if they charge more for that..or anything else.What do you think from your experience?When I called the civil surgeon I didn't know the Tb result will be positive and I hoped I would not need another X-ray.Do yoy think they will fill part two in I-693 or just the vaccination-part 3.and the tb skin will be sent in a separate envelope?I dn't wann call again the civil surgeon before I go there.There are anyway so short when they answer.

Thanks!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY wife had the same result on her TB skin test. We had it done at the local county health department. You will be required to get a chest xray to determine if you have any evidence of pulmonary TB. Our health department offers free chest xrays and we sent her xray from her medical in Manila along with the new xray to be read by the state TB doctor. If you are negative for the xray they will still likely offer you medication for latent TB. We were offered it but declined. We haven't taken the results to a civil surgeon yet because we can't find one who won't overcharge ($250 :o ) to transcribe the vaccines and TB test result.

Check with your local health department, they have a lot of experience in these TB cases and are more knowledgeable than a civil surgeon as far as TB goes. Good luck.

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

MY wife had the same result on her TB skin test. We had it done at the local county health department. You will be required to get a chest xray to determine if you have any evidence of pulmonary TB. Our health department offers free chest xrays and we sent her xray from her medical in Manila along with the new xray to be read by the state TB doctor. If you are negative for the xray they will still likely offer you medication for latent TB. We were offered it but declined. We haven't taken the results to a civil surgeon yet because we can't find one who won't overcharge ($250 :o ) to transcribe the vaccines and TB test result.

Check with your local health department, they have a lot of experience in these TB cases and are more knowledgeable than a civil surgeon as far as TB goes. Good luck.

yes the Instant Care will can do my X-ray also.I don't know if the civil surgeon would accept the result or they wanna do the x-ray there.

I think I'm gonna call them again.I hate to talk to them.They are the only ones that we found and they charge $100 only for the vaccination transcript!

well I've got my TBs skin test at an instant care.The result is positive.In this case I need another X-ray.The last one that I made was before the K-1 interview-in august.The civil surgeon told me to go there with the tb result.They didn't tell me if they will do a X-ray ,if they charge more for that..or anything else.What do you think from your experience?When I called the civil surgeon I didn't know the Tb result will be positive and I hoped I would not need another X-ray.Do yoy think they will fill part two in I-693 or just the vaccination-part 3.and the tb skin will be sent in a separate envelope?I dn't wann call again the civil surgeon before I go there.There are anyway so short when they answer.

Thanks!

It doesnt matter i also have positive tb because of the childhood shot we had in Turkey they will add a note saying " previous childhood tb shot is the reason to become positive" but you still need to have a xray done . thats what i did

10/21/08 (Day 0) - Application Sent (I-130, I-485/I-864/I-693, I-765)

10/22/08 (Day 1) - Received Date (USPS over night)

10/29/08 (Day 8) - Check Cashed

10/30/08 (Day 9) – Received NOA (I130-I485-I765) Dated 10/31/08

10/31/08 (Day 9) - I130, I765, ONLINE BUT I485

11/02/08 (Day 12)- Received Biometrics appointment scheduled 11/15/08

11/07/08 (Day 17)- Biometrics Done Early walking in Norridge,Illinois

11/17/08 (Day 27)- Request for Evidence letter for I485 (they were asking for I94 Arrival record) It took 5 days to arrive online letter was sent 11/12/08

11/18/08 (Day 28)- Request Evidence is I94 sent along with I20,( I was a student), NON immigrant visa page on the passport, also, approval letter of F1 status, because i changed my status after i came to USA.

01/07/09 (Day 108) Card Production Order (Received email at 8:20) EAD

01/14/09 (Day 115) Card Production Ordered (another email saying EAD ordered again)

01/14/09 (Day 115)Interview Received March 9 at 11:00am Chicago office

01/16/09 (Day 117) EAD Received in the mail

03/09/09 Interview in Chicago (Day 169)

03/09/09 APPROVED (Day 169)

03/12/09 WELCOME LETTER RECEVIED I130 APPROVEL RECEIVED IN MAIL (Day 172)

03/19/09 (Day 179)- GREEN CART RECEIVED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/22/2011 I-751 Filed jointly to California

03/01/20100 I-751 NOA Received dated 02/23/2011

Thanks!

It doesnt matter i also have positive tb because of the childhood shot we had in Turkey they will add a note saying " previous childhood tb shot is the reason to become positive" but you still need to have a xray done . thats what i did

I understand that I need an x-ray.My concern is..who should make it:anybody or just the civil surgeon?

Ineed to find out soon caz the appoinment to the civil surgeon is Friday and I have no much time until my visa expires..I need to file everything on Friday and I couldn;t move anything because of this doctor.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks!

And will be prescribed medication for 9 months, completion of treatment being (i think as of August 2008, http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...004718190aRCRD) precondition to obtain the green card. I had a positive TB skin reaction with a negative chest Xray first 2 years ago when I had to send medical information to the school here, and a second (larger) skin reaction in september when the doctor administrated me a second TB shot, although I informed him that I should not have another one since the first was positive. He said the USCIS will not accept the test results from 2 years ago because the test was not administered by a USCIS approved physician - don't know if it is true. I had a second chest Xray, again negative, and I'm 3 months into treatment (which could damage the liver).

The doctor also refused to release the I-693 until I proved that I am taking the medication (he prescribed it, and I went and picked it up at a pharmacy).

Edited by map1map

11/17/08 : Application sent (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

11/28/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) for all 4 forms (forms issued on 11/26/2008)

12/18/2008: LUD on I-130, I-131, I-765

01/29/2009: Bio done

01/29, 30/2009: LUD on I485 and I765

2/10/2009: issued AP, valid 1 year for multiple entries.

2/23/2009: Got EAD card

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/01/2009: Card production ordered.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

No RFE at all along the process.

Thanks!

And will be prescribed medication for 9 months, completion of treatment being (i think as of August 2008, http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...004718190aRCRD) precondition to obtain the green card. I had a positive TB skin reaction with a negative chest Xray first 2 years ago when I had to send medical information to the school here, and a second (larger) skin reaction in september when the doctor administrated me a second TB shot, although I informed him that I should not have another one since the first was positive. He said the USCIS will not accept the test results from 2 years ago because the test was not administered by a USCIS approved physician - don't know if it is true. I had a second chest Xray, again negative, and I'm 3 months into treatment (which could damage the liver).

The doctor also refused to release the I-693 until I proved that I am taking the medication (he prescribed it, and I went and picked it up at a pharmacy).

ufff complicated...the doctor from the instant care told me the same thing..abot 9 months treatment.

I hope the civil surgeon will not refuse to release the I-693...do you mean that USCIS will not give me the green card until I'm done with the medication?9 months?Thats' stupid!

Thanks!

ufff complicated...the doctor from the instant care told me the same thing..abot 9 months treatment.

I hope the civil surgeon will not refuse to release the I-693...do you mean that USCIS will not give me the green card until I'm done with the medication?9 months?Thats' stupid!

the link that you gave me..what should I read?It's the uscis website the home page....where should I go to read about tb skin?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks!

Don't worry yet. Get the X-Ray. Many people from outside the US take a BCG vaccination as kids. If you have had this when you were a kid, your skin test for TB is generally positive. But that doesn't mean you have TB or anything. Its just a reaction the test has with the BCG vaccination. You can only know after the chest x-ray.

MY TIMELINE

11/21/2008 - I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131 - Package sent.

11/25/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox.

12/05/2008 - Checks Cashed and NOA1 date (DAY 1)

12/12/2008 - NOA1 & Biometrics received dated 12/5 (DAY 8)

12/22/2008 - Received RFE letter by USPS (DAY 18)

12/23/2008 - Mailed back RFE requirements (DAY 19)

12/31/2008 - Case processing resumed for I-485 (DAY 27)

01/02/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (DAY 29)

01/30/2009 - EAD Card production ordered (on hubbz's birthday!! What a nice present from USCIS!) (DAY 57)

02/02/2009 - Got email for AP approved as of 1/30. (DAY 60)

02/09/2009 - Received EAD and AP in mail. (DAY 67)

03/24/2009 - Interview at 1pm - APPROVED! (Thank God! DAY 115)

03/27/2009 - Received Welcome Letter and NOA2 for I-485 and I-130. (Day 118)

04/02/2009 - Received Green Card. (Day 124)

12/24/2010 - Time to file for removal of conditions - I-751

01/03/2011 - Mailed I-751 package to VSC

01/04/2011 - I-751 received and signed for at USCIS

01/07/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

01/12/2011 - Received NOA dated 01/05/2011

01/29/2011 - Received Biometrics appointment notice dated 1/20/2011

02/03/2011 - Biometrics Appointment (Great sunny day. In and out in 10 minutes! Very pleasant folks.)

03/10/2011 - Status online changed to Approved & USCIS mailed approval notice and card

03/14/2011 - Received 10yr green card in mail (Praise the Lord!)

Thanks!

Don't worry yet. Get the X-Ray. Many people from outside the US take a BCG vaccination as kids. If you have had this when you were a kid, your skin test for TB is generally positive. But that doesn't mean you have TB or anything. Its just a reaction the test has with the BCG vaccination. You can only know after the chest x-ray.

I found a record where it says I've done BCG in 1992 and 2000-2 doses so..I'll bring that with me at the civil surgeon even if that record is in Romanian.at least appears my name there,my birth date...I have that record from my school.I asked for it before my medical exam in my home country.That record was used to fill out the DS-3025.Unfortunately DS-3025 doesnt have aspase for BCG vaccine.I hope the civil surgeon will make me the necessary X-ray.I still have the X-ray immage from Ro but it's made in August and I guess I need another one.

So,afterall the civil surgeon will fill out part 2 too in I-693?...

Thanks !I will all let you know about the examination on Friday.

Timeline
I found a record where it says I've done BCG in 1992 and 2000-2 doses so..I'll bring that with me at the civil surgeon even if that record is in Romanian.at least appears my name there,my birth date...I have that record from my school.I asked for it before my medical exam in my home country.That record was used to fill out the DS-3025.Unfortunately DS-3025 doesnt have aspase for BCG vaccine.I hope the civil surgeon will make me the necessary X-ray.I still have the X-ray immage from Ro but it's made in August and I guess I need another one.

If you or someone close to you is proficient in both Romanian and English (like say has been to school here in the states) you (or that person) can make a translation of your certificate, and state at the bottom of the translation that you declare proficiency in both languages and that the translation is true and correct in every aspect of it, sign it, and have it with you when you go to the doctor. If you had your chest Xray taken this August (2008) you might not need another one. Take it with you too.

Si bafta multa:)

11/18/08 : Official receipt of documents stated on I-797C (Signature for receipt at USCIS was on 11/17/2008 at 10PM)

3/8/2009: LUD on all applications. Shows approval of I131 and I765, still pending on I130, I485.

04/28/2009 at 9:30 AM: Interview. Told to wait 90 days for a resolution by mail.

05/06/2009: Received approval NOAs for I130 and I485 (welcome notice, 10 years card). I130 still shows case received and pending.

06/18/2009: got the 10 years validity card. Process length: 213 days since sending the applications.

If you or someone close to you is proficient in both Romanian and English (like say has been to school here in the states) you (or that person) can make a translation of your certificate, and state at the bottom of the translation that you declare proficiency in both languages and that the translation is true and correct in every aspect of it, sign it, and have it with you when you go to the doctor. If you had your chest Xray taken this August (2008) you might not need another one. Take it with you too.

Multumesc!

Unfortunetelly..I didn't have time to translate and certify it..I have to be tomorrow in Baton Rouge-1 hour form where I live...at the cv.

I checked again at the Instant Care and they told me the same thing..they said the x-ray from August should be good.I'll take the record from school in Romanian///It's easy to understand my name and "data nasterii"-birth date///I'm going to show them in my passport---that is in both langugaes...and the information from passport is the same as the one on the vaccination record....

I'LL LET YOU KNOW tomorrow how will everything going

Bafta si tie!

Multumesc!

Unfortunetelly..I didn't have time to translate and certify it..I have to be tomorrow in Baton Rouge-1 hour form where I live...at the cv.

I checked again at the Instant Care and they told me the same thing..they said the x-ray from August should be good.I'll take the record from school in Romanian///It's easy to understand my name and "data nasterii"-birth date///I'm going to show them in my passport---that is in both langugaes...and the information from passport is the same as the one on the vaccination record....

I'LL LET YOU KNOW tomorrow how will everything going

Bafta si tie!

ait..you're telling me that I should translated...I cand do that but I am not certified..

Timeline
ait..you're telling me that I should translated...I cand do that but I am not certified..

Have it translated anyway, there is nowhere in the forms where USCIS requires a certified translation (in the sense that we have it in Romania, with translators certified by the Ministry of Culture i think). Take the translation to the bank where you have a bank account and the bank has its own notary (Bank of America for instance has notaries) or to any other bank that has a public notary (for instance, at BofA it si free if you have accounts opened with them, other than this is $1 per document) sign in front of them and they will certify your signature. For the doctor it should be enough. I bet for USCIS too.

Edited by map1map

Have it translated anyway, there is nowhere in the forms where USCIS requires a certified translation (in the sense that we have it in Romania, with translators certified by the Ministry of Culture i think). Take the translation to the bank where you have a bank account and the bank has its own notary (Bank of America for instance has notaries) or to any other bank that has a public notary (for instance, at BofA it si free if you have accounts opened with them, other than this is $1 per document) sign in front of them and they will certify your signature. For the doctor it should be enough. I bet for USCIS too.

It's so late....I need to be tomorrow in Baton Rouge at 9:45 and it's an hour from here...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.