16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife (applying for AOS) and I were married on November of 2007, after we had been seeing each other for a year. Our living circumstances are a little unusual, in that we both have live-in positions where we work, which is where we met and where will still live since being married. We had our interview today and it was not what I expected. We both felt quite intimidated by the officer who seemed shocked that we had a civil ceremony where none of our family attended, and that we rarely go out together and have little personal time. We explained that our work schedules kept us very busy. I am in school and she is working and looking into getting back into college. My wife and I presented plenty of pictures, and during the time we were separated, answered all questions correctly- which were about how I proposed, which was casual “we talked about getting married and decided to“. His facial response made it seem that he felt this was unusual. He even asked about our sex life, if we practiced safe sex, and what types of birth control we use. She is the one applying for AOS. Everything should have been in order, but he told us that he would have to mail the decision and to expect it 3-6 weeks from today. Are we in trouble? Our lawyer said that he may have felt the marriage a little fishy because of our living circumstances and causality of our decision to marry. I am wondering what will happen next….???

Filed: Timeline

man, it drives me mad how conservative these people are.

does everyone has to have a fairy tale proposal and marriage? :bonk:

they should adapt to modern times!

I read somewhere they are not supposed to ask about sex life. That was not very nice of him.

What did he say at the end of the interview?

12-13-2010....RoC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I read somewhere they are not supposed to ask about sex life. That was not very nice of him.

He just said that we'd have to wait for the decision in the mail. He also wished us goodluck. He spent alot of time smirking while he was going through our file, it was rather embarrassing. I am wondering if the decision is his to make, or if the file must be sent to a supervisor??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife (applying for AOS) and I were married on November of 2007, after we had been seeing each other for a year. Our living circumstances are a little unusual, in that we both have live-in positions where we work, which is where we met and where will still live since being married. We had our interview today and it was not what I expected. We both felt quite intimidated by the officer who seemed shocked that we had a civil ceremony where none of our family attended, and that we rarely go out together and have little personal time. We explained that our work schedules kept us very busy. I am in school and she is working and looking into getting back into college. My wife and I presented plenty of pictures, and during the time we were separated, answered all questions correctly- which were about how I proposed, which was casual “we talked about getting married and decided to“. His facial response made it seem that he felt this was unusual. He even asked about our sex life, if we practiced safe sex, and what types of birth control we use. She is the one applying for AOS. Everything should have been in order, but he told us that he would have to mail the decision and to expect it 3-6 weeks from today. Are we in trouble? Our lawyer said that he may have felt the marriage a little fishy because of our living circumstances and causality of our decision to marry. I am wondering what will happen next….???

What an interview. I hope everything will end well. Keep us posted.

Good Luck!

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm almost sure that an interviewer cannot just make a negative decision without really explaining and having good reason - they are out to look for fraud, so if you have proof that your relationship is bonafide then I don't think you have any problems

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello Bhrams,

My husband and I have not had our interview yet, but I agree with others who have posted here, that was rude of the officer to ask about your Sex Life! :wow:

I had read other posts where they ask couples things like 'What does your husband wear when he sleeps?' or the color of bedsheets or things like that.

I'm very sorry you did not have a calm/relaxed interview.

Hmm, My husband did propose to me, but it was nothing like in the movies, we did not go to a special place or anything like that.

And in these times of economic hardship I dont blame you and your wife for maintaining your job (which requires you to live-in) and sacrificing your personal time. There are many people without jobs and you that have a job should try to protect it.

I hope the officer was just being 'rude', maybe he will not have enough evidence and your applications will be approved. There is nothing impossible, and nothing that can't be fixed

:thumbs: I wish you all the best :thumbs:

Filed Chicago LockBox 11-06-08

Filed I-4-85 / I-765

Received NOA 11-13-08

Biometrics Appt. 12-09-08 - Completed -

Jan 03 2009 Received Letter for Interview: Feb. 05 Yaaayyy!!

Jan 14 2009 Emailed by CRIS: AP I-131 Approved

Jan 15 2009 Emailed by CRIS: EAD I-765 Approved

Jan 20 2009 AP received by mail

Jan 28 2009 EAD card received by mail

Jan 30 2009 Applied for Social Security Number

Feb 05 2009 Interview! Success!

Feb 10 2009 Received Social Security Card in mail

Feb 23 2009 Received 'Approval of I485 and I130' in mail

Received Green Card in the mail!

To Everyone: Be Positive! Your GreenCard is Coming!

If they were suspicious, I can understand him trying to ask rude questions to shock you into telling the truth. It is inappropriate...but I can kind of understand them asking. Although, it seems like there are better ways to get you to tell the truth.

I've heard a couple of people report officers saying that they are not allowed to make a decision without supervisor approval and the couple had to wait for a letter. I don't know if this is only in the case of trainees or what...but hopefully that's why he said you would have to wait for an answer! I hope everything works out for you! :thumbs:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Timeline

If you find that please let me know so I can show it to my friend. Her and her husband were asked, how many times a week. She worked nights as a nurse and her husband was leave for work before she got home so the person interviewing them was concerned about that. I was like, PLEASE.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I don't understand why they can't ask about your sex life, they know everything else about you already at that stage. Just be honest and if you want tell them exactly how freaky it gets, you might be the last person they attempt that on.

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

I don't understand why they can't ask about your sex life, they know everything else about you already at that stage. Just be honest and if you want tell them exactly how freaky it gets, you might be the last person they attempt that on.

:whistle: Why...whatever could you mean? :devil:

:lol:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

In a questionable situation, it is not uncommon for the interviewer to inquire about your sex life -- such as, when was the last time you had sex?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL!!!! I'm almost hoping I get that question! :rofl:

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - President Gerald Ford

AOS Timeline (from B2)

12.31.08....Package Sent to Chicago

01.13.09....NOA1 received

03.14.09....Biometrics Appt

03.25.09....EAD Card Received

04.05.09....Interview Appt Received

05.07.09....Interview

05.07.09....APPROVED!!!

06.23.09....Conditional Green Card Received!!!!

Stepdaughter Consular Filing

01.27.10....I-130 Package sent to Chicago

02.08.10....NOA1 received

OtIZm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL!!!! I'm almost hoping I get that question! :rofl:

LMAO! Same here!!

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.