JoBri

Visitor Visa Denied before we married

9 posts in this topic

My wife applied for a visitor visa last year (2007) in August, a B2 visa? But she was denied at US Embassy Manila at that time. The officer did not give a reason, all he said was "I am sorry, but I can not approve a visa for you". That is when we decided I would just fly to the Phils and we would marry. I think that officer thought if she came here, we would marry illegally, because my wife said she thinks he figured out she was in love with me. The whole interview centered on me, she said.

Anyways, now she is getting ready for her interview, and the DS 156 asks if ever denied a visa before. So of course we have to say "yes". And have to give the date and all.

I just pray it wont be a problem. Now I wish she never tried to come here as a visitor... Anyone know if it will delay things with a K-3 visa?

Brian in Tennessee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wait for a better opinion than mine, but I think it is NO problem. I hope so anyway, becuase not only for you, but my Fiancee tried to come as a visitor also. We had no intention to marry while she was here, but it would have made the whole waiting process go faster.

but it is a different kind of visa and they typically reject Visitor visas becuase it is hard to show enough evidence that you will return to the philippines.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I am sure It won't be a problem. I was denied like your wife 2 years ago. We are going with K-3 too. I've heard from many people this question even wasn't asked at the interview, so don't worry!

My wife applied for a visitor visa last year (2007) in August, a B2 visa? But she was denied at US Embassy Manila at that time. The officer did not give a reason, all he said was "I am sorry, but I can not approve a visa for you". That is when we decided I would just fly to the Phils and we would marry. I think that officer thought if she came here, we would marry illegally, because my wife said she thinks he figured out she was in love with me. The whole interview centered on me, she said.

Anyways, now she is getting ready for her interview, and the DS 156 asks if ever denied a visa before. So of course we have to say "yes". And have to give the date and all.

I just pray it wont be a problem. Now I wish she never tried to come here as a visitor... Anyone know if it will delay things with a K-3 visa?

Brian in Tennessee

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Thank you both

I am sure It won't be a problem. I was denied like your wife 2 years ago. We are going with K-3 too. I've heard from many people this question even wasn't asked at the interview, so don't worry!

Brian in Tennessee

Filed: Other Timeline

Prior denial of a visitor visa has no negative affect on a K3 or CR1 visa unless the visitor visa was denied based on criminality. If they denied it because there were not enough ties to home country, well, the K3 and CR1 applications kinda make that moot.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Brian in Tennessee

We have the same case I was also denied for a tourist visa before we filed for a k3. I just had my interview yesterday and was asked about it by the pre screener and the consul and everything went all good I passed the interview with pink slip.

Dont worry you will be fine just be honest about it :) Goodluck

Every part of me wants you, maybe because I was made just for you!

You are My Alpha and Omega

I-130 Timeline

Nov 21 2007 - Sent I-130

Dec 27 2007 - VSC receipt date

Feb 05 2008 - NOA1 received thru snail mail

Feb 09 2008 - Cheque has been cashed by USCIS

Feb 24 2008 - Updated in the system

May 07 2008 -Touched

May 08 2008 -Touched

Nov 05, 2008 - NOA2

Nov 10, 2008 - Received Approval noticed thru snail mail

Dec 10, 2008 - Medical Passed!

Jan 06, 2009 - Interview Approved!!!! glory to our GOD

Jan 12, 2009 - Visa received

Jan 24, 2009 - Flight to Jacksonville (POE @ Washington Dulles)

I-129f Timeline

Feb 22 2008 - Sent I-129f

Mar 25 2008 - NOA1

Apr 16 2008 - Touched

Nov 05, 2008 - NOA2

Nov 10, 2008 - Received Approval noticed thru snail mail

Dec 10, 2008 - Medical Passed!

Jan 06, 2009 - Interview Approved!!!! glory to our GOD

Jan 12, 2009 - Visa received

Jan 24, 2009 - Flight to Jacksonville (POE @ Washington Dulles)

To My Loving Husband Kenneth,

i-love-you.gif

Forever and a day....

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Great news! Congrat!! Did they ask any diffferent questions other than how you met, where you met etc..questions? How long did it take? Where do they put the pink slip?

Brian in Tennessee

We have the same case I was also denied for a tourist visa before we filed for a k3. I just had my interview yesterday and was asked about it by the pre screener and the consul and everything went all good I passed the interview with pink slip.

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Brian in Tennessee

a spousal visa cannot be denied due to the reason that your visitor visa was denied in the past. if there is no suspected criminal activity then you should be fine. in your case, you mentioned that the visitor visa interview circled around you, they had a very valid reason to deny your spouse a visa as they were afraid that she would come here and adjust status. dont worry she should be fine.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Brian in Tennessee

Same case. I feel the same thing, applied for K1 and no problem with the visitors visa denial.

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.