epoy2

does the US citizen needs to change address also?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
well, it is a requirement to file the I-865 and I wouldn't advise not sending it in... you never know what could happen if you didn't....

I don't mean it is a requirement to file the I-751 but it is a general requirement of the Sponsor....

I never advised, merely said I didn't do it (and not on purpose). And I moved during this process. Did you?

VJ Sheesh.

I wasn't saying that you were advising not to..

I just wanted to make sure people know that it is a requirement...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I was at my DH's Infopass appt and I asked this very question of our IO. He said "Just file an AR-11." I asked him if I needed to file anything. He then asked me "Do you live at a different address?" I said "No, we live together." And he said no, just file the AR-11. He told me I only needed a different form if I lived at a different address.

Filed: Timeline
I was at my DH's Infopass appt and I asked this very question of our IO. He said "Just file an AR-11." I asked him if I needed to file anything. He then asked me "Do you live at a different address?" I said "No, we live together." And he said no, just file the AR-11. He told me I only needed a different form if I lived at a different address.

:thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Maybe it's overkill, but I mailed in the I-865 anywho.

We filed the online AR-11 months ago, and sent in the I-865 today. Let's see how they can screw this up!

Thanks for all who gave advice. It is all quite relavent.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Then I guess the I-865 is just for those of us who have a knack for doing things right. Or maybe it's a practical joke USCIs plays on us to see how many file it :rolleyes:

I can only relay what the IO told me. Goodness knows that there is plenty of misinformation going around.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just read this on the I-865 form...

Processing Information.

If the sponsor fails to give notice of a change in his or her address, as required in 8 U.S.C. 1183a(d) and 8 CFR 213a.3, the sponsor may be liable for the civil penalty established by 8 U.S.C. 1183a(d). The amount of the civil penalty will depend on whether the sponsor failed to give this notice knowing that the sponsored immigrant(s) has received means-tested public benefits.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I mailed it in today (the I-865). I also received our NOA today, so at least I have absolute confirmation that they have our address right :thumbs:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.