epoy2

does the US citizen needs to change address also?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Well I'm filing about 6 months late and after I already sent off my I-751 application. What to do? I didn't know about this silly application until yesterday.

Blah.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I haven't called. I don't know if I have the patience or not. I'll submit the application, regardless.

Maybe I'll work up the nerve to call...

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Did you call them? I was thinking about you.

Ok so if I haven't filed 865, can I just call them and let them know that address has been changed and would they note down the change on phone ?(and dont scold/fine you on phone if you are late in notifying them ??)

Thanks.

P.S. yes, I am talking abt US citizen sponsor's address change !!

Edited by Raj0000

Filed: Timeline

Ok so if I haven't filed 865, can I just call them and let them know that address has been changed and would they note down the change on phone ?(and dont scold/fine you on phone if you are late in notifying them ??)

Thanks.

NO - you should file in paper. TracyLuis case is different. But you can call and ask, then come back and tell us.

Timeline

Thanks.

I'm still going to send in the application. It's all I can do at this point, late or not.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
yeah you have to mail in the form... regardless if you call or not..

Not true. We used this online tool as well & got our mail sent to our new addy.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

we are talking about the I-865.. you can only mail that one in...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We only did hubby's online, and I (as sponsor) never did anything. All was well.

Edited by illumine

Timeline

1. U.S. Citizens

If you have moved, and you have a pending case, you can change your address online here on our website. Please note that the law does not require U.S. citizens to file a Form AR-11.

---

We only did hubby's online, and I (as sponsor) never did anything. All was well.

I am not sure what you are getting at but yes I know you can do the AR-11 online but you can't do the I-865 online, you can only mail it in...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

1. U.S. Citizens

If you have moved, and you have a pending case, you can change your address online here on our website. Please note that the law does not require U.S. citizens to file a Form AR-11.

---

I am not sure what you are getting at but yes I know you can do the AR-11 online but you can't do the I-865 online, you can only mail it in...

I revised my post. Only hubby did an AR-11 online. I was his sponsor & never did an I865. And we got thru just fine.

Timeline

well, it is a requirement to file the I-865 and I wouldn't advise not sending it in... you never know what could happen if you didn't....

I don't mean it is a requirement to file the I-751 but it is a general requirement of the Sponsor....

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

well, it is a requirement to file the I-865 and I wouldn't advise not sending it in... you never know what could happen if you didn't....

I don't mean it is a requirement to file the I-751 but it is a general requirement of the Sponsor....

I never advised, merely said I didn't do it (and not on purpose). And I moved during this process. Did you?

VJ Sheesh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.