monicapb

Clarifications on Items for I-129F

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I would like some claifications if possible?

I sent I-129F in before I found this website. The imformation listed to send in for the I-129F here on this website is different than what they ask for. For example I called USCIS they told me to send in G-325A with Her signature only, and the USCIS does not ask for divorce decree. They sent an RFE for divorce decree, & G-325A completed & signed. (Returned to USCIS 01-04-09)

I have only sent in what they have asked for on the I-129F no letter of intent or a I-134. The I-129F states that you intend on getting married within 90 days of the arrival. I ask myself why a letter of intent! I work for myself in construction with the way the economy is, My income not very good right now But I did show a bank statement of a modest amount to show means of finacial resonsability.

Getting a copy of her divorce decree was very difficult and long process (5 weeks) many stamps and signatures required before translation and 2 lawyers!

Also just found out Her father has very bad cancer and will probable have to prolong the I-129F. Any suggestions on how to delay would be appreciated?

I think for new people I hope they find this website before they submit there I-129F and the follow the guide lines here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-134 is NOT included with I-129F when filing, it is requested by the consulate and used when interviewing for the visa.

Fiancee letter of intent:

5. What Documents Do You Need to Prove That You Can Legally Marry?

A. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met within the last two years; or if you have never met within the last two years, provide a detailed explanation and evidence of the extreme hardship or customary, cultural or social practices that have prohibited your meeting; and

B. Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and

C. If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you to marry in the jurisdiction where your marriage will occur, give proof of that consent or permission; and

D. If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
I-134 is NOT included with I-129F when filing, it is requested by the consulate and used when interviewing for the visa.

A. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met within the last two years; or if you have never met within the last two years, provide a detailed explanation and evidence of the extreme hardship or customary, cultural or social practices that have prohibited your meeting; and

B. Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and

C. If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you to marry in the jurisdiction where your marriage will occur, give proof of that consent or permission; and

D. If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated.

Timeline
Sorry first time posting! Dont know how to reply. I understand I-134 not required on I-129F But do I start paperwork from the bank now or wait? Also I have been too her country 10 times in the last 2 years not hard to prove relationship!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Sorry first time posting! Dont know how to reply. I understand I-134 not required on I-129F But do I start paperwork from the bank now or wait? Also I have been too her country 10 times in the last 2 years not hard to prove relationship!
You can wait to do the I-134 until closer to interview.

Note the I-134 has been updated recently bringing it in line with the I-864.

Treat it like the I-864 and provide similar evidence.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. Next time you download a form, download and study the instructions that come with it. Then if you have a question, ask it here. We don't call the USCIS information line the "misinformation line" for nothing.

Later, you'll need to show an income of 125% of the poverty line for your household size. For two, that's $17,500. Money in the bank can be substituted at a rate of $3. savings replacing $1 required income. If you can't show that, you'll need a co-sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

I am new to VisaJourney. I just recently was engaged to a moroccan man and we are in the process of trying to get him a fiance visa. I am trying to stay ahead of all the paperwork in the future.

My current job is only part-time, and I know I will need a co-sponsor in the attemp to get my fiance to the US. My question is what will I need in order to have a co-sponsor? Are there additional forms that need filled out or does my co-sponsor fill out the affidavit for sponsor?

Any help will be great!!

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

I am new to VisaJourney. I just recently was engaged to a moroccan man and we are in the process of trying to get him a fiance visa. I am trying to stay ahead of all the paperwork in the future.

My current job is only part-time, and I know I will need a co-sponsor in the attemp to get my fiance to the US. My question is what will I need in order to have a co-sponsor? Are there additional forms that need filled out or does my co-sponsor fill out the affidavit for sponsor?

Any help will be great!!

Thanks

When the time comes, you and the co-sponsor provide separate I-134's with appropriate supporting documentation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi,

Any help will be great!!

Thanks

Lucky for us, the Moroccan Consulate does things a little differently from most filers here. Morocco does not require the affidavit of support. You don't have to worry about that until your fiance is safe and sound in the US of A. I believe that the first time you have to show proof is when you file the I-864. My fiance and I just received our Packet #3 (which doubles as packet #4 as well in Morocco) a week or so ago. As of this moment, Casablanca does not require the affidavit for the interview.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.