January '09 Vermont K-1 Filers

597 posts in this topic

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We're finally approved, after 5 1/2 long months... I still can't believe it! I'm very relieved and happy. :star: Now we can have our wedding in October as planned! (Yes, we have been planning the wedding... That added to my stress about when we'd get the visa, and I wouldn't recommend it.)

Our congresswoman has been incredibly helpful, and I'm inclined to think she helped move things along. She has a very good immigration caseworker, who was willing to inquire even before we had waited six months, and knows the USCIS people.

I wish you all who are still waiting best of luck! I know the worst thing is not knowing how long you have to wait, and thinking it might take forever... even if one knows that it will most likely happen soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations, Philosykos!! :star:

It's great that your congresswoman's staff actually assisted you. Mine told me that they're on cases from Nov 25 (despite that being as of April 30) and did nothing on my behalf.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Congratulations, Philosykos!! :star:

It's great that your congresswoman's staff actually assisted you. Mine told me that they're on cases from Nov 25 (despite that being as of April 30) and did nothing on my behalf.

Thanks! :) Yes, I know we were very lucky with her, and with her caseworker. My fiancé should bring them a fruit basket and some cookies! Senators and reps really seem to have a lot of leeway in what they CAN do if they care to... Sorry you are not so lucky with yours. Now that you are out of processing time, though, don't they have to do something? I thought the USCIS website had switched to a 6 months processing time?

Timeline

The USCIS website says that Vermont was processing cases from November 25, 2008 as of April 30. So with any logic, that puts me out of normal processing time as I filed less than 1 month after Nov 25 and it's 2 months after April 30. However, they tell me that "VSC is working cases from Nov 25 so you're in normal processing time" completely disregarding the "as of April 30" part. :wacko:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Happy July 4th everyone! I had hopes to celebrate this day with my love; her first Independence day. I'm sure all had hopes for the same. Next year it will be.

post-58207-1246659346.gif

post-58207-1246659355.gif

post-58207-1246659366.gif

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals

Timeline

So on June 4, I went to an Infopass appointment at which the agent submitted a service request on my behalf. It says at the end "Your referral has a target date of 07/04/2009." Since I didn't receive anything by that day, I called the USCIS customer service line asking what I can do since my service request has not been responded to.

The lady, after reading me a bunch of nonsense, told me that they probably won't respond to my service request, but if they do, it'll be to say that I'm within normal processing time. This woman quoted the November 25 date, but I pointed out that was as of April 30 and over 2 months has passed. Unlike the last time I called this useless #, where the lady recognized the logic in what I said, the woman today told me that they could've spent an ENTIRE CALENDAR MONTH working on requests received on November 25, 2008, so they have to go by that number.

Man.... I almost want to go work for USCIS just to implement more efficiency, transparency, and competency.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I came home today, about 6pm and checked the USCIS site on our file. Nothing changed. Near about 9pm I checked my email and noticed a strange email from CRIS [uSCIS-CRIS@dhs.gov]. I paused about 30 seconds and uttered a prayed. I opened and read...

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 6, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I can't believe it! It's finally happened and I'm utterly shocked. Curiously I went to the USCIS site and sure enough they had updated our profile. :wow:

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.