Trumplestiltskin

The 20 Worst Foods in America

247 posts in this topic

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
when you don't have a lot to spend you tend to be more frugal I guess...

Well yeah, be frugal, no problem, but when you do go out, spend more than $30!

why??

it isn't necessary to spend a lot of money to have a good time...

You only live once. All that money won't do you any good when you're dead.

umm, you are acting like we are rolling in money... lol

we don't really have a lot of extra cash to be spending 100 bucks or more on dinner out..

$100 on dinner is, like, normal...isn't it?

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

why??

It's true. Have 2 $6 margaritas and tell the hubby to get a real app instead of soup. Much better to work your ### off and enjoy your life than work and have a $15 meal.

my hubby likes to get soup.... and I barely can finish one margarita...

and we do enjoy our life....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

why??

umm, you are acting like we are rolling in money... lol

we don't really have a lot of extra cash to be spending 100 bucks or more on dinner out..

in your world yes but most average working people don't spend that much when they go out to eat....

we like to eat out at TGI's or applebees about once a month.. we could never afford it if it was around 100 bucks....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

$100 for two is *very* reasonable - certainly not what I'd call expensive.

Our average is $150-200, I guess.

I think you guys are the ones that are joking...lol

for most average working people 100 for two people would be considered expensive...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Yeah that's average.

I dunno I guess I just grew up in a completely different world. Kinda like John Travolta's daughter getting on a commercial plane for the first time and asking why there was other people on it.

for most average working people 100 for two people would be considered expensive...

We like good food. We don't care how much it costs. Live, Eat, Love and all that.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

there is no guessing if you grew up in a different world, you did..lol which is totally fine.....

yeah I get that but some people don't have the luxury of spending that much on eating out...

but you don't really need to spend a lot of money to have good food.. some of my best meals have been under 10 bucks...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm glad I live in the immigrant zone.. I don't need no chain restaurants over there.. go to the little diff places around, viet, mexican, central american, arab.. all good, and way cheaper than applebees or outback or all that stuff..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, according to the Zagat Survey 2007, New Yorkers dine out an average of 3.3 times per week.

The average cost per meal is $40.27.

New York is still a bargain compared to Paris ($62), London ($64) and Tokyo ($71).

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think it depends a lot on the city where you live too.. the fancy restaurants in Charlotte don't have dishes that cost more than 40 bucks.. or like, the central american restaurant Julia and I like, they sell a seafood soup plate that looks like Bouillabaisse, but its a specialty from el salvador or guatemala, and it only costs 12 bucks.. while you could get the same stuff somewhere else for 25 bucks maybe...

although not because a dish is expensive, means its good.. I've had expensive dishes, that were nothing special.. rather spend good money on quality stuff and cook it myself -that's when I cook lol-

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I agree. I think splurge for like $50.

Mark I still think it has to be a joke.

The one time I spent over $50 for a meal was in India 5 years ago, back when I was eating meat... A group of about 5 of us went to this fancy restaurant at the Taj hotel in Delhi. I remember we had three lamb curries, 2 chicken dishes, a couple of veggie curries, 2 different kinds of dal, rice, naan, dessert, wine... It was absolutely to die for. It came out to about $50 per person but I imagine if the place were in NYC it would have been twice that. I am normally desi-cheap ;) when it comes to eating out and about the only time I eat out regularly is to get a dosa at the Ganesh temple canteen in my neighborhood which comes out to about $5-6 with a drink. I do that about once a week. For a special occasion we might go to the Nepali restaurant in Jackson Heights and spend maybe $20 each or to the Chinese vegetarian place and spend about the same. We don't drink alcohol so that cuts costs a lot.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pretty much all the chain restaurants out my way are overpriced and bad quality. We go to Fridays occasionally or cheesecake factory, but the rest blearghh!

Applebees and Chevy's are the pits for me.

Quality and value for money were better in California, I found.