Trumplestiltskin

The 20 Worst Foods in America

247 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

one time when we were in San Fransisco we went to Pier 39 and we decided to try out this more fancy restaurant, I think it was called Swiss Louis.... oh my gosh it was horrible, the service was really slow and there was hardly any other people there.. the food was not very tasty and over priced for what you got.. I can't remember what the bill was but it was more then we usually spend...

the next day we went to this little place that made crepes for bout 10 to 15 bucks we had a meal that was a million times better then the night before...

so my point is that just because you are spending more money doesn't mean the food will be better....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
... its pretty hard to screw up a curry.

Visit Spice Palace in South Plainfield.

The food is disgusting. I tried their biryani and chicken tikka masala once and then I went back (why?!?!) for a dosa.

*BARF*

I've only had one really bad restaurant curry - a chicken dhansak that was incredibly salty from a fairly expensive place in Bournemouth.

It can be done.

I should know.. I'm a pretty lousy cook.

Really I thought curry was the easiest thing to make - just chuck your leftover ####### in a pot and throw in curry powder and sauce.

Good curry is not easy to make. :P Well I am not sure always what people mean by curry. There are so many variations, some I have become good at, others I am not good at.

We have various spices...you know the boxes you can buy at an Indian store for like $1-2. Whoever is cooking will effect how good it will turn out, lol. But someone who cooks it great can make that $2 of spices into the best Indian food! And that $2 box lasts us for awhile.

You'd think so. I tend to overseason.

Well if its a salt or spice-fest then yeah...

But if you're that bad of a cook - its probably easier to get yourself some jars of premade curry sauce.

Yeah we've been using Pathak's from time to time. It's not too good but it is edible.

I think I've had Pathak's (it was a jar sauce) and I thought it lacked a lot of flavor. Yeah, it's edible though.

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
one time when we were in San Fransisco we went to Pier 39 and we decided to try out this more fancy restaurant, I think it was called Swiss Louis.... oh my gosh it was horrible, the service was really slow and there was hardly any other people there.. the food was not very tasty and over priced for what you got.. I can't remember what the bill was but it was more then we usually spend...

the next day we went to this little place that made crepes for bout 10 to 15 bucks we had a meal that was a million times better then the night before...

so my point is that just because you are spending more money doesn't mean the food will be better....

How does it feel to make mediocrity a way of life?

service is slower in a fancy restaurant because everything is made ala minute, it's not just scooped out of some big cambro and thrown onto a flat top

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

service is slower in a fancy restaurant because everything is made ala minute, it's not just scooped out of some big cambro and thrown onto a flat top

by slow service I meant it took the waiter like 20 minutes before he even came and took our order.... and the food tasted like it was just slopped on the plate... I had lasagna and it tasted just like it was one of those microwave lasagnas.... ugh

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
by slow service I meant it took the waiter like 20 minutes before he even came and took our order.... and the food tasted like it was just slopped on the plate... I had lasagna and it tasted just like it was one of those microwave lasagnas.... ugh

Maybe the restaurant wasn't fancy enough? Just guessing...

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Maybe the restaurant wasn't fancy enough? Just guessing...

yeah that's what I was thinking when I read lasagna

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.