BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
Hello all! I haven't posted in a while but I got case complete on 1/23/09. Good luck to everyone!! I see many are close!

Congratulations!!!

By the way, did NVC assign an interview date yet?

Thanks!!

I believe they assign dates by the second week of each month so I will be checking with NVC these next two weeks. Hopefully I will have one for March.

Hi Everybody, Can I Join You

I Just got my Approval for both 129F & 130

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

Congratulations!!! :dance:

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

How soon can you start calling NVC????

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

You can call at anytime and use your USCIS receipt numbers to hear updates on the Automated Voice System. To speak to a live operator, you have to call during the week..I'm not sure what time they open but they are available until midnight. I would give it a week from when you got your approval before you hear any updates. It took about a week for me..

WAIT at least 5 days once u get ur NOA2, Approved Notice, then they will give u a case number...

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

will start calling them on monday...

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Start calling them from Monday...I got approved in January 19th, NVC recieved it on 22nd, got our case number on 26th...however, I have seen many VJers getting their case number within 1-2 days after the NVC received it....

But no wonder that from now on, the steering is in ur hand....u can locate where u r stuck, what do u need....

all the best everyone...

Sonia

Timeline

thanks

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Called NVC on 26th since I got my NOA2 in th mail that day and the NOA2 was approved on the 20th. NVC gave me the case number. Called today and it was shipped to the embassy in Manila on the 27h. We cleared NVC in just over a week total. Now onto the embassy and setting up the interview.

Great! Are you planning to go for cr1 or k3?

hey waithatter

pls guide us

i hv got approval notice on23 jan. i m in india and my lawer is in USA ..i m confused who will get approval notice? will they send me on my india's address or my husband's US address... yet the copy is not reached also i m not very much aware of visa process.

one more thing i want to go for passport clearence and PCC but they told me i should hv my approval letter than only they will provide me my clearence? now what should i do ?

also i hv lawyer so do i need to feel DS -3032?

thank u waithatter,

i hv chkd tht NVC shortcut.thx 4 tht. i know i m asking u silly questions but my husband got the CRIS update of approval and tehy hv written "case approved and approval notice sent" .. so do i consider it as approval notice or its different. and can i go on with tht mail to passport clearence?? i hv to go to surat for clearence, from whr u got clearence in india?

Yes, that CRIS e-mail confirm as your case is approved. I am not sure how surat passport office works on obtaining pcc, but you can certainly try it. I am still waiting for my wife to obtain pcc from ahmedabad passport office, but she will get it tomorrow with interview letter.

Wife received Interview letter(packet 4) in mail today. One step closer to completing this long visa journey.

thanks,

sorry for askin but i m not gettin u.. what do u mean by "PCC with interview date"..

i dont know wht the hell is goin on in my case,the lawyer is not ready to inform anything. he says after approval it will take around 4 months.. also when we ask for case no. he says that we'll get case no in post or e-mail... i cant tell u how much i m confused now.. :wacko: he said after i will sign DS part-1 and send him all PCC ,he will proceed further.. :crying: ... its already 11 months of my marriage and 9 months since we've filed.. still 4 months???? :cry:

anyway, i will try in surat with e-mail notification tomorrow..

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

K.D,

Dont worry, your lawyer said 4 months but it really doesnt take 4 months. Just relaxed and keep on top with your lawyer to make sure he send you the stuff he gets from NVC. You'll be done soon.

thx waithatter

i hv got hard cop of approval letter today and i've downloaded DS-230 part-1 and filled up today.. now i can move forward to get PCC...and my husband has called and mailed to lawyer yesterday.. i think it has shown its impect . :thumbs:

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Timeline

K.D.

do you have all 3 years of tax transcripts? did you send all 3?

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Timeline

An example of the employers letter??

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
K.D.

do you have all 3 years of tax transcripts? did you send all 3?

YES, i hv all 3 yrs tax papers and employer's letters too. but i dont know they've sent it or not. as my husband and lawyer manages these matters..i just sign documents and send all necessary documents..

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Filed: Timeline
Okaay i have one question plz anyone can answer plz do so .Do u have to get Empleyment letter being nortrized do u have to get it nortrized?? plz asnwer since i know u do have to get bank stament nortrized what about the letter ????? and it will b very helpful if anyone can show exampl employment letter here so v know we did it right .

Filed: Timeline

I have a couple of questions about the IV package to be sent to NVC,

The package consists of the following:

DS-230 (part I and II),

Original/Certified Copy of Beneficiary's birth certificate,

Original/Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate,

Original Police Clearance Certificate (s),

Photocopy of Biographic page of Passport

2 photos

Q1. Do we also have to send a photocopy of all the above documents in the IV package (sending 2 copies)? I am confused by LingChe's guide about the photocopy requirement.

Q2. Do we need to send 2 or 4 photos in the IV package?

Timeline

As far as i know

all originals need copies

As for employers letter, not notarized

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

10/3 Medical PASSED!

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Called NVC on 26th since I got my NOA2 in th mail that day and the NOA2 was approved on the 20th. NVC gave me the case number. Called today and it was shipped to the embassy in Manila on the 27h. We cleared NVC in just over a week total. Now onto the embassy and setting up the interview.

Great! Are you planning to go for cr1 or k3?

hey waithatter

pls guide us

i hv got approval notice on23 jan. i m in india and my lawer is in USA ..i m confused who will get approval notice? will they send me on my india's address or my husband's US address... yet the copy is not reached also i m not very much aware of visa process.

one more thing i want to go for passport clearence and PCC but they told me i should hv my approval letter than only they will provide me my clearence? now what should i do ?

also i hv lawyer so do i need to feel DS -3032?

thank u waithatter,

i hv chkd tht NVC shortcut.thx 4 tht. i know i m asking u silly questions but my husband got the CRIS update of approval and tehy hv written "case approved and approval notice sent" .. so do i consider it as approval notice or its different. and can i go on with tht mail to passport clearence?? i hv to go to surat for clearence, from whr u got clearence in india?

Yes, that CRIS e-mail confirm as your case is approved. I am not sure how surat passport office works on obtaining pcc, but you can certainly try it. I am still waiting for my wife to obtain pcc from ahmedabad passport office, but she will get it tomorrow with interview letter.

Wife received Interview letter(packet 4) in mail today. One step closer to completing this long visa journey.

thanks,

sorry for askin but i m not gettin u.. what do u mean by "PCC with interview date"..

i dont know wht the hell is goin on in my case,the lawyer is not ready to inform anything. he says after approval it will take around 4 months.. also when we ask for case no. he says that we'll get case no in post or e-mail... i cant tell u how much i m confused now.. :wacko: he said after i will sign DS part-1 and send him all PCC ,he will proceed further.. :crying: ... its already 11 months of my marriage and 9 months since we've filed.. still 4 months???? :cry:

anyway, i will try in surat with e-mail notification tomorrow..

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

K.D,

Dont worry, your lawyer said 4 months but it really doesnt take 4 months. Just relaxed and keep on top with your lawyer to make sure he send you the stuff he gets from NVC. You'll be done soon.

thx waithatter

i hv got hard cop of approval letter today and i've downloaded DS-230 part-1 and filled up today.. now i can move forward to get PCC...and my husband has called and mailed to lawyer yesterday.. i think it has shown its impect . :thumbs:

Great!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.