BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hey waithatter

pls guide us

i hv got approval notice on23 jan. i m in india and my lawer is in USA ..i m confused who will get approval notice? will they send me on my india's address or my husband's US address... yet the copy is not reached also i m not very much aware of visa process.

one more thing i want to go for passport clearence and PCC but they told me i should hv my approval letter than only they will provide me my clearence? now what should i do ?

also i hv lawyer so do i need to feel DS -3032?

thank u waithatter,

i hv chkd tht NVC shortcut.thx 4 tht. i know i m asking u silly questions but my husband got the CRIS update of approval and tehy hv written "case approved and approval notice sent" .. so do i consider it as approval notice or its different. and can i go on with tht mail to passport clearence?? i hv to go to surat for clearence, from whr u got clearence in india?

Yes, that CRIS e-mail confirm as your case is approved. I am not sure how surat passport office works on obtaining pcc, but you can certainly try it. I am still waiting for my wife to obtain pcc from ahmedabad passport office, but she will get it tomorrow with interview letter.

Wife received Interview letter(packet 4) in mail today. One step closer to completing this long visa journey.

thanks,

sorry for askin but i m not gettin u.. what do u mean by "PCC with interview date"..

i dont know wht the hell is goin on in my case,the lawyer is not ready to inform anything. he says after approval it will take around 4 months.. also when we ask for case no. he says that we'll get case no in post or e-mail... i cant tell u how much i m confused now.. :wacko: he said after i will sign DS part-1 and send him all PCC ,he will proceed further.. :crying: ... its already 11 months of my marriage and 9 months since we've filed.. still 4 months???? :cry:

anyway, i will try in surat with e-mail notification tomorrow..

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

Didn't u include the PCC with the IV package?

One more thing, when is ur K3 interview has been scheduled? What is the status of ur case @ NVC upto now?

Sonia

Sonia,

I did include pcc but only from local police station, not the one from passport office since passport office in ahmedabad wont issue pcc without interview letter. so instead I wrote letter to nvc explaning my situation. so hopefully they will accept that meanwhile now since my wife got her interview letter in mail y'day for her k3 interview she will try to get pcc from passport office tomorrow. Interview is set for March 3rd. I am still waiting for my case to be completed since they are having system problem for my AOS and IV fee. For some reason one of there system is showing paid fee and other system is not so supervisor will reslove it by today or tomorrow.

Oh...ok..Now I got it...Actually for Bangladesh we don't need PCC from passport office(cross checked in NVC website), our government is centralized (in India it may be needed becuz u have states and India is indeed a big country) and my PCC was actually executed by the local police station, issued in pursuance of Ministry of Home Affairs and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...

ok...few more queries...

1. Does AOS bill(hardcopy) come with the bill only or NVC also sends checklist and forms?

2. Does IV package provides checklist and forms?(Although I know what are needed, still cross checking cuz I am goin to send the IV package to my husband on Sunday and he will be getting it on Tuesday)

Sonia

1). Bill only

2). nope.. they just give you website to get the checklist and form from.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
hey waithatter

pls guide us

i hv got approval notice on23 jan. i m in india and my lawer is in USA ..i m confused who will get approval notice? will they send me on my india's address or my husband's US address... yet the copy is not reached also i m not very much aware of visa process.

one more thing i want to go for passport clearence and PCC but they told me i should hv my approval letter than only they will provide me my clearence? now what should i do ?

thank u waithatter,

i hv chkd tht NVC shortcut.thx 4 tht. i know i m asking u silly questions but my husband got the CRIS update of approval and tehy hv written "case approved and approval notice sent" .. so do i consider it as approval notice or its different. and can i go on with tht mail to passport clearence?? i hv to go to surat for clearence, from whr u got clearence in india?

Yes, that CRIS e-mail confirm as your case is approved. I am not sure how surat passport office works on obtaining pcc, but you can certainly try it. I am still waiting for my wife to obtain pcc from ahmedabad passport office, but she will get it tomorrow with interview letter.

Wife received Interview letter(packet 4) in mail today. One step closer to completing this long visa journey.

thanks,

sorry for askin but i m not gettin u.. what do u mean by "PCC with interview date"..

i dont know wht the hell is goin on in my case,the lawyer is not ready to inform anything. he says after approval it will take around 4 months.. also when we ask for case no. he says that we'll get case no in post or e-mail... i cant tell u how much i m confused now.. :wacko: he said after i will sign DS part-1 and send him all PCC ,he will proceed further.. :crying: ... its already 11 months of my marriage and 9 months since we've filed.. still 4 months???? :cry:

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

One more thing, when is ur K3 interview has been scheduled? What is the status of ur case @ NVC upto now?

Sonia

Sonia,

I did include pcc but only from local police station, not the one from passport office since passport office in ahmedabad wont issue pcc without interview letter. so instead I wrote letter to nvc explaning my situation. so hopefully they will accept that meanwhile now since my wife got her interview letter in mail y'day for her k3 interview she will try to get pcc from passport office tomorrow. Interview is set for March 3rd. I am still waiting for my case to be completed since they are having system problem for my AOS and IV fee. For some reason one of there system is showing paid fee and other system is not so supervisor will reslove it by today or tomorrow.

Oh...ok..Now I got it...Actually for Bangladesh we don't need PCC from passport office(cross checked in NVC website), our government is centralized (in India it may be needed becuz u have states and India is indeed a big country) and my PCC was actually executed by the local police station, issued in pursuance of Ministry of Home Affairs and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...

ok...few more queries...

1. Does AOS bill(hardcopy) come with the bill only or NVC also sends checklist and forms?

2. Does IV package provides checklist and forms?(Although I know what are needed, still cross checking cuz I am goin to send the IV package to my husband on Sunday and he will be getting it on Tuesday)

Sonia

1). Bill only

Thanks Krunal...Man..u should start immigration consultancy firm :thumbs::devil: ...

Timeline
hey waithatter

pls guide us

thank u waithatter,

thanks,

Good luck!

Sonia

Sonia,

ok...few more queries...

Sonia

1). Bill only

Thanks Krunal...Man..u should start immigration consultancy firm :thumbs::devil: ...

:yes::no:

U.S. Passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hi Everybody, Can I Join You

I Just got my Approval for both 129F & 130

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: Timeline

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

Congrats Aruba Dolphin!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

Congrats Aruba Dolphin!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Hey I just received this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that we did receive the case file and packet mailed to applicant dated 28 January 2009 via regular mail.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

How long does "regular" mail take???????? *Biting Nails*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

i don't know it depends on the embassy

try going to see embassy review see if that helps

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hey waithatter

pls guide us

thank u waithatter,

thanks,

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Filed: Timeline
hey waithatter

pls guide us

thank u waithatter,

thanks,

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

My lawyer has slowed us down tremendously....he sent me a pkt but due to the inclement weather in my area Fedex wil not deliver it. He wasted time trying to overnight it to me. He could have just sent it regular mail, I would have gotten it just as quickly. Regular mail is not running either due to the dangerous road conditions and power outages. Please pray for all of us. There has been many deaths. Some 83 year old lady was packing a kerosene heater upstairs....bumped her head and died. Also, accidents and lots of carbon monoxide cases. Luckily our power is on at my parent's, but still no running water. At my home no lights or water, I am at my parent's since a week.

Anyway, anyone else receive their pkt 3 by "regular" mail? Also, is Lisa on AP for K3? I don't get it! Why did they put her on AP? I really do not understand NVC. Also, they never even generated my bills for the CR1, so I have only one choice now to do the K3. Maybe they want to further scrutinize us and test our relationship. Really tired of these people making decisions about our lives. It really angers me. Good luck to all of you, I need your prayers. Pray that this pkt 3 does not get lost in the mail because my husband's mail has gotten stolen before. I wonder if they even mailed it to him on the fast route or just the snail route. This is insane, I do not like the people at the embassy. I am shocked they even wrote me back.

Ok, take care all of you and hope you all get reunited with your loved ones soon.

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Timeline

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

Congratualtions!!!!!!

U.S. Passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I still am shocked

after 250 & 175 days

I still can't believe it

Congratualtions!!!!!!

congrats aruba dolphin !!!!!!!

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Called NVC on 26th since I got my NOA2 in th mail that day and the NOA2 was approved on the 20th. NVC gave me the case number. Called today and it was shipped to the embassy in Manila on the 27h. We cleared NVC in just over a week total. Now onto the embassy and setting up the interview.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline
Called NVC on 26th since I got my NOA2 in th mail that day and the NOA2 was approved on the 20th. NVC gave me the case number. Called today and it was shipped to the embassy in Manila on the 27h. We cleared NVC in just over a week total. Now onto the embassy and setting up the interview.

Great! Are you planning to go for cr1 or k3?

hey waithatter

pls guide us

thank u waithatter,

thanks,

Good luck!

thx,

K.D,

Dont worry, your lawyer said 4 months but it really doesnt take 4 months. Just relaxed and keep on top with your lawyer to make sure he send you the stuff he gets from NVC. You'll be done soon.

U.S. Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.