misispee

Bringing a Dog

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi,

We will be starting to process our K1 application 1st quarter of this year. i have a dog which I love so much and I really do not want to leave without him. He's just a small dog, a pomeranian to be exact. Will it be possible for me to bring my dog? I need your advice. Thank you!

i assume this is from pi to where in the usa?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hi,

We will be starting to process our K1 application 1st quarter of this year. i have a dog which I love so much and I really do not want to leave without him. He's just a small dog, a pomeranian to be exact. Will it be possible for me to bring my dog? I need your advice. Thank you!

im guessing you're in phil right? we met an american couple while in siargao and we're also planning to bring our dog here in the US to phil. they said its easy to bring dogs to phil but its really hard to bring them back to the US... they said since dog diseases are pretty common in phil (too many ASKAL hehe), that they cant even bring their dog back in the US lol (a lot of restrictions)... but thats just their own experience. you can try to find out more... good luck and God bless...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

I guess with proper documentation set by US and Phils Government, your dog can travel here to US..goodluck!!

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline
Hi,

I guess with proper documentation set by US and Phils Government, your dog can travel here to US..goodluck!!

not necessarily - there's also state law involved.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

for the op, here's some info that was valid 2 years ago when we brought nessa's cat from brazil to the usa:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry396061

first link in the above (Pet Travel Link) is no longer valid, start here:

link

next two links are bad and i cannot find a valid link to replace them, the 4th link can be found here:

link

note that the above vj link is a closed topic and cannot be posted in.

also

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...634&hl=pets

basically, you have to do the following:

- find out what exit requirements there are from your home country

- find out what the entry requirements are for the destination, including national, state, and maybe even local government (although i've not heard of any local requirements that could impact someone, the possibility exists).

- what airline requirements there are (these vary!).

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is possible but a lot of paper works and you have to pay a fee to be able to transport your dog to the usa. my bestfriend's sister brought her dog with her when she moved to the usa. A pure bred lasa apso with papers. im just not sure what the requirements are but i'm 100% sure it is possible.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Your dog will go through a needle hole before it can travel with you.

I have my colleague who travelled to US and she doesn't want to leave w/o her dog.

I'm not sure what really happen why she brought her dog with her, but yeah, your dog needs proper documentation,quarantine for few months, and a lot of vaccinations, and also a travel permit. (I don't know where you can get all these. :( )

Hope you can bring your dog though and have that huge patient to go through such proceedings.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

your dog needs a passport..

i met someone at the airport with a pet..

she's carrying a pet passport..

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Hi,

Pets

If you plan to take your pet abroad or import one on your return, please get a copy of the CBP brochure Pets and Wildlife. You should also check with state, county, and local authorities to learn if their restrictions and prohibitions on pets are stricter than federal requirements.

spacerclear.gifspacerclear.gifbird.jpg

spacerclear.gifspacerclear.gifImporting animals is closely regulated for public health reasons and also for the well being of the animals. There are restrictions and prohibitions on bringing many species into the United States.

Cats must be free of evidence of diseases communicable to humans when they are examined at the port of entry. If the cat does not seem to be in good health, the owner may have to pay for an additional examination by a licensed veterinarian. As a rule, both cats and dogs must be free of fleas and ticks, and have a health certificate that was issued by the country of residence.

Dogs must also be free of evidence of diseases that could be communicable to humans. Puppies must be confined at a place of the owner’s choosing, which can be a private residence, until they are three months old and then they must be vaccinated against rabies. The puppy will then have to stay in confinement for another 30 days following the vaccination.

Dogs older than three months must get a rabies vaccination at least 30 days before they come to the United States and must be accompanied by a valid rabies vaccination certificate if coming from a country that is not rabies-free. This certificate should identify the dog, show the date of vaccination, the date it expires (there are one-year and three-year vaccinations), and be signed by a licensed veterinarian. If the certificate does not have an expiration date, CBP will accept it as long as the dog was vaccinated 12 months or less before coming to the United States. Dogs coming from rabies free countries do not have to be vaccinated.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation...ricted.xml#Pets

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Thank you all for your replies.

We will be living in Virginia. I don't mind if he'll be quarantined for months as long as I can still be with after that. Will there be any special agent or offices that can help increase the chance of me bringing my dog?

Have your significant other contact the local health and animal control authorities in the community where you are going to live to see what their requirements are.

Also, contact the airlines to see what their requirements are for bringing the dog with you.

Other than that, follow the requirements for the POE I posted earlier.

That is the best I can do.

Good luck!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Hi,

Hi, I had transported a 95 lbs. Rotweiller from Portland, OR USA to Manila, Philippines last November. She is my husband's pet.

Here is what I know about transporting a pet.

You can have her declare as "carry on". You have to buy a kennel that fits her size, they have standard kennels.

If she weighs more than the "carry on" limits (this would be the same carry on limit like the carry on bags) then you can transport her as "excess baggage".

My 95 lbs. Rottie amounted to $450. The charge is like the regular "excess baggage" like the rate they are charging for luggage.

I did not book days or weeks early. I just walk in hours the time of my flight, however it might depend upon the airline rules. The airline I flew with my Rottie was Northwest Airline (NWA).

You said she's a small dog so all you have to do now is to prepare a kennel for her so you can have her as carry on luggage.

You also must prepare documentations for her. I have the list of docs for transporting from United States to Philippines but not from Philippines to United States. However, you can check at the airline website.

I strongly recommend not to CARGO ship her because the rate is higher and you have to book a week before. Just bring her as carry on pet. Most airline have carry on allowance and should go after it.

Sample kennel. It should have holes on both sides.

post-50058-1231264929_thumb.jpg

Filed: Timeline

@ ~bLairwhich~

Thanks for the info. Yeah I have one of those Kennel. I have traveled with my dog when we went to Bohol & Palawan. I think transporting your dog from US to Philippines is less complicated other than Philippines to US. When you got here in manila, did they release your dog right away, or did she have to undergo quarantines and the like?

@ ~bLairwhich~

Thanks for the info. Yeah I have one of those Kennel. I have traveled with my dog when we went to Bohol & Palawan. I think transporting your dog from US to Philippines is less complicated other than Philippines to US. When you got here in manila, did they release your dog right away, or did she have to undergo quarantines and the like?

The quarantine at NAIA was a very short process, it didn't take long or they ask for non-receipt fees. The quarantine section and/or Bureau of Animals at NAIA were friendly and helpful. The fee was like Php 450.00 then after checking the health certs and vaccine reports and stuffs they let me and my rottie go and didn't took long, I think it was as short as 10 minutes.

I transported/booked flight for my dog last minute....and yes it could be much easier to transport the dog if it is from the US going to the Philippines.

However, the airline usually don't have any problem or critical about the animal transport as long as you have the papers like health cert from the vet...I think what you must do is call the State of Virginia or your point of entry about what are their exact requirements.

Again, I insist traveling with her/him as a carry-on :)

Edited by ~bLairwhich~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.