misispee

Bringing a Dog

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
@ ~bLairwhich~

Thanks for the info. Yeah I have one of those Kennel. I have traveled with my dog when we went to Bohol & Palawan. I think transporting your dog from US to Philippines is less complicated other than Philippines to US. When you got here in manila, did they release your dog right away, or did she have to undergo quarantines and the like?

The quarantine at NAIA was a very short process, it didn't take long or they ask for non-receipt fees. The quarantine section and/or Bureau of Animals at NAIA were friendly and helpful. The fee was like Php 450.00 then after checking the health certs and vaccine reports and stuffs they let me and my rottie go and didn't took long, I think it was as short as 10 minutes.

I transported/booked flight for my dog last minute....and yes it could be much easier to transport the dog if it is from the US going to the Philippines.

However, the airline usually don't have any problem or critical about the animal transport as long as you have the papers like health cert from the vet...I think what you must do is call the State of Virginia or your point of entry about what are their exact requirements.

Again, I insist traveling with her/him as a carry-on :)

Ok. I will ask my boyfriend to call them first. thanks again for all your help. Please if you have more info please post here and let me know. good day to all!! I hope you can all guide me as well when we start our k1 application.

@ ~bLairwhich~

Thanks for the info. Yeah I have one of those Kennel. I have traveled with my dog when we went to Bohol & Palawan. I think transporting your dog from US to Philippines is less complicated other than Philippines to US. When you got here in manila, did they release your dog right away, or did she have to undergo quarantines and the like?

The quarantine at NAIA was a very short process, it didn't take long or they ask for non-receipt fees. The quarantine section and/or Bureau of Animals at NAIA were friendly and helpful. The fee was like Php 450.00 then after checking the health certs and vaccine reports and stuffs they let me and my rottie go and didn't took long, I think it was as short as 10 minutes.

I transported/booked flight for my dog last minute....and yes it could be much easier to transport the dog if it is from the US going to the Philippines.

However, the airline usually don't have any problem or critical about the animal transport as long as you have the papers like health cert from the vet...I think what you must do is call the State of Virginia or your point of entry about what are their exact requirements.

Ok. I will ask my boyfriend to call them first. thanks again for all your help. Please if you have more info please post here and let me know. good day to all!! I hope you can all guide me as well when we start our k1 application.

Read this thread, if you have not already.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123420

Good luck!

:yes:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

dogs need K visa too - it's called K9 :)

I left my dog back home to my mom because the fee was too much for me. I hope u will be able to bring ur dog with you. I know what it feels to be away from a beloved pet.

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i brought my dog with me to California. it was a breeze. check with the virginia state on what their laws are.

just make sure that all his shots are updated especially the rabies and the 5-in1 vaccine.

go to Bureau of Animal Industry at least 10 days before your flight so you can get an export permit. That is what NAIA requires whenever you'd be traveling with a pet. there's no fee for that. Just bring your dog to BAI together with all the vaccination card and his health certificate from the veterinarian and you're good to go.

if via PAL, your dog can only be accepted as checked in luggage. we payed $400 for my lil furry friend (chihuahua).

when we got to LAX, the dog was already at the oversized baggage section. we went through the exit. i was told by the immigration officer that we'd still need to go through the department of agriculture before we can get out of the airport but the us customs and border officer at the last checkpoint said we're good to go.

so it was really not a hassle... :)

good luck on your journey...

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-12-05

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-15

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-17

Interview Date : 2008-08-05

Visa Received : AUGUST 29,2008 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

US Entry : DECEMBER 26 2008 POE-LAX

m_825bdb5ca8a44b0997b81e1c36d0c59c.jpg

AOS and EAD

05/30/2009 - sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail day 1

06/01/2009 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/05/2009 - received NOA1 hardcopy for EAD and AOS day 7

06/10/2009 - check cashed :)

06/15/2009 - received Biometrics Appointment Letter (notice date 07/02/2009) day 16

07/02/2009 - biometrics done (waiting for next asc appointment notice) day 33

7/06/2009 - touched i-485 and i-765

7/10/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/13/2009 - EAD touched

7/16/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/16/2009 - EAD APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

7/17/2009 - notice for AOS interview received

7/18/2009 - EAD CARD RECEIVED took only 8 days :)

8/18/2009 - AOS touched

8/20/2009 - AOS INTERVIEW 11am, CHULA VUSTA, CA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/25/2009 - AOS CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

9/02/2009 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT ALL THE TIME...

AOS approved in 82 days (2 mos and 22 days) from the filing date. :)

i brought my dog with me to California. it was a breeze. check with the virginia state on what their laws are.

just make sure that all his shots are updated especially the rabies and the 5-in1 vaccine.

go to Bureau of Animal Industry at least 10 days before your flight so you can get an export permit. That is what NAIA requires whenever you'd be traveling with a pet. there's no fee for that. Just bring your dog to BAI together with all the vaccination card and his health certificate from the veterinarian and you're good to go.

if via PAL, your dog can only be accepted as checked in luggage. we payed $400 for my lil furry friend (chihuahua).

when we got to LAX, the dog was already at the oversized baggage section. we went through the exit. i was told by the immigration officer that we'd still need to go through the department of agriculture before we can get out of the airport but the us customs and border officer at the last checkpoint said we're good to go.

Good for you sis!

Will take note of your post. So far, my pup's vaccine is updated so I don't have to worry about it. No need for a dog passport? Will I be able to get the permit right away or do I need to wait for days or weeks?

Timeline
@ ~bLairwhich~

I would check very good about the carry-on part. there are a lot of people allergic to pets, my son being one of them. you would have a hard time trying to carry-on a pet, unless you could make sure it was on complete opposite ends of the plane. I would be deeply concerned of the negative effects it could cause. especially considering they do not allow the use of a nebulizer on board the plane. which is one of the treatments for the asthma that the allergy can cause. pet allergies can be very severe, as well as many other allergies. just something to think about,. good luck with bringing your dog with you.

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

We gave a dog to a friend who was moving from Colorado to Hawaii and they had to put the dog in quarantine for 30 days. I would think you might run up against something similar.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Good for you sis!

Will take note of your post. So far, my pup's vaccine is updated so I don't have to worry about it. No need for a dog passport? Will I be able to get the permit right away or do I need to wait for days or weeks?

it only takes a few minutes to get the export permit. no need for a dog passport. i had my chihuahua microchipped coz thats one of the requirements in CA. and thats it. :) good luck...

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-12-05

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-15

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-17

Interview Date : 2008-08-05

Visa Received : AUGUST 29,2008 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

US Entry : DECEMBER 26 2008 POE-LAX

m_825bdb5ca8a44b0997b81e1c36d0c59c.jpg

AOS and EAD

05/30/2009 - sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail day 1

06/01/2009 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/05/2009 - received NOA1 hardcopy for EAD and AOS day 7

06/10/2009 - check cashed :)

06/15/2009 - received Biometrics Appointment Letter (notice date 07/02/2009) day 16

07/02/2009 - biometrics done (waiting for next asc appointment notice) day 33

7/06/2009 - touched i-485 and i-765

7/10/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/13/2009 - EAD touched

7/16/2009 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

7/16/2009 - EAD APPROVAL NOTICE SENT

7/17/2009 - notice for AOS interview received

7/18/2009 - EAD CARD RECEIVED took only 8 days :)

8/18/2009 - AOS touched

8/20/2009 - AOS INTERVIEW 11am, CHULA VUSTA, CA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/25/2009 - AOS CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

9/02/2009 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT ALL THE TIME...

AOS approved in 82 days (2 mos and 22 days) from the filing date. :)

@ ~bLairwhich~

I would check very good about the carry-on part. there are a lot of people allergic to pets, my son being one of them. you would have a hard time trying to carry-on a pet, unless you could make sure it was on complete opposite ends of the plane. I would be deeply concerned of the negative effects it could cause. especially considering they do not allow the use of a nebulizer on board the plane. which is one of the treatments for the asthma that the allergy can cause. pet allergies can be very severe, as well as many other allergies. just something to think about,. good luck with bringing your dog with you.

This is one of my concerns too. I know some people are allergic. I'm also afraid that he'll be barking much and disturb other passengers.

@ Gandachic1

I am also planning to have her micro chipped. I just called animal house at MOA and they will schedule us for the implantation of the chip. Did you put a diaper on your chihuahua? I'm afraid she'll be covered with her poo poo or urine. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.