luckytxn

Pink

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations to both of you and best of luck on the continued journey!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Trang went to the embassy to take the timeline and list of relatives they asked for today. After she give she said they did not ask any questions really except small talk and then asked her when she can go to America and then handed her the pink paper with a date of Jan 12 to come back to get her visa. I am a bit stunned and extremely happy. She is so excited that she can hardly think straight. We will get together later after she gets some sleep (I know she has slept little for weeks) and then tell me more what happen and I wll soon relay it here for all.

Again many thanks to all the help everyone has given me. I especially want to thank all that prayed for me. It is awesome so many sent prayers.

Congratulations!

K1 visa- Round 1 – CSC

20-08-2005: I-129F NOA1

25-10-2005: I-129F NOA2

03-11-2005: NVC received

01-12-2005: Received by Consulate

12-12-2006: Package 3

10-02-2006: Package 4

20-03-2006: K1 visa Interview

20-04-2006: K1 visa denied

24-06-2006: Petition was sent back to USCIS

30-06-2006: Received I-797 notice case being review

30-07-2006: Sent letter to CSC to rebut what Consulate stated.

01-12-2006: Sent letter again

01-03-2007: Sent letter to Ombudsman because of the processing out of time

27-03-2007: Received letter from CSC, case still being review

20-11-2007: Re-approved Petition

15-12-2007: NVC received

21-12-2007: NVC sent case back to VSC where new petition refiled

K1 visa- Round 2 - VSC

08-11-2007: I-129F NOA1

10-06-2008: Both petition sent to CSC for being review again

10-07-2008: I-129F NOA2

17-07-2008: NVC received

13-08-2008: Received by Consulate

18-08-2008: Package 3

12-09-2008: Package 4

14-10-2008: K1 visa Interview

22-12-2008: Visa received

30-01-2009: US Entry

14-02-2009: Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is wonderful news not only for y'all, but for many others who are waiting for their cases to resolve. Congratulations, and good luck to you both!

Timeline

Many many thanks for all the congrats. I have been home the last couple of days so I do not get on too much while here. Everyone is excited and happy and my best friend is really ready for the batchelor party. The year is starting well. Again thanks and promise to get more details on what happened at the embassy when Trang and I can get together.

Timeline

Getting the details is harder than I thought. Trang is too excited now and seems to be calling about everyone in the universe right now and acting all giddy. I am trying my best everyone and promise after the adrenaline rush evaporates that I may be able to get her to concentrate and what happened when she went to the embassy to turn in the requested additional info and was given the pink.

Right now I told her I will be there in a few weeks and bring her back but she says she wants to come alone and come to me. I am sure it is the giddiness flowing so we will see about this new developement. I can't see her traveling like this on her own but she is stubborn. Usually takes me awhile to break her stubborness. All I can say is "Wow". I remember a time when I could pull off days of total adrenaline rush and survive.

Congratulations! Tell her to stay for the Vietnamese New Year in VietNam! She will missed it when she gets here. New Year in Houston or Southern Cali is not the same like in VietNam. Or else she will make you to come back to VN every year for the New Year Celebration! ;)

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Timeline
Congratulations! Tell her to stay for the Vietnamese New Year in VietNam! She will missed it when she gets here. New Year in Houston or Southern Cali is not the same like in VietNam. Or else she will make you to come back to VN every year for the New Year Celebration! ;)

Many thanks. I knew she wanted to get the visa and go straight to the airport and fly here but asked her to stay for Tet one last time for a long time and have fun with friends and family. At the time I planned on coming myself and flying back with her. I talked with her Uncle today and she wants to fly here on her own to me. I did find out that she would not be flying alone though. There are friends of the family there now and one cousin and they are flying back to Houston after Tet and she was going to fly back with them and they said they would help her all the way. I am still uneasy and all and feel that I should go get my fiancee.

Like I said before she has to come down to earth soon I hope and we can talk this through more. Her Uncle is saying that it is Vietnamese custom to save money and she saw no reason for me to come when she can come by herself. Also she told one Aunt that I came to visit her on my own so that she wanted to come to be the one that came to me. All I can do is wait and play this all by ear.

Many thanks. I knew she wanted to get the visa and go straight to the airport and fly here but asked her to stay for Tet one last time for a long time and have fun with friends and family. At the time I planned on coming myself and flying back with her. I talked with her Uncle today and she wants to fly here on her own to me. I did find out that she would not be flying alone though. There are friends of the family there now and one cousin and they are flying back to Houston after Tet and she was going to fly back with them and they said they would help her all the way. I am still uneasy and all and feel that I should go get my fiancee.

Like I said before she has to come down to earth soon I hope and we can talk this through more. Her Uncle is saying that it is Vietnamese custom to save money and she saw no reason for me to come when she can come by herself. Also she told one Aunt that I came to visit her on my own so that she wanted to come to be the one that came to me. All I can do is wait and play this all by ear.

Luckytxn, It is good to hear that she is not coming to the US by herself. On other hand, she wants you to save your money. Save that money for the Honeymoon trip. :devil: You just have to play it out :) I know you are eager to bring her here with you. Been there before too :) Now, it is a good time to get your place ready for her arrival. Enjoy your last minutes of freedom of being alone and do things that you wanted. Good luck on your Journey!

My K1 Time Line

Thanks CK&Tydi. Doing all that but may still head that way anyway. Everything is ready for her.

If you can afford to go then go enjoy the New Year in VN. Evaair.com still have ticket for it. :)

My K1 Time Line

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think that if you can swing it, you ought to go over there to be with her for Tet. I really think that would mean a lot to Trang and her family, money notwithstanding. That was our original plan, except the wife is now 8 months preggers. That kind of messed up travel plans for Tet. Maybe next year.

Timeline

Yeah I know and I can afford it. I am just gonna have to insist and/or just make the reservations and go and try to coordinate with her flight somehow on the way back. It seems so many are now taking over and planning on the flights, wedding, and even my best friends the batchelor party that I am totally in the dark. I am starting to wonder even if I will be allowed to show up at my own wedding and batchelor party. Somehow I have been single for 15 years and able to make all my own plans and even execute them just fine to now being on the sidelines and wishing I could join the party group. I was asked for my family and friends list for the invites so I assume I am going to be at the wedding. I even got to see the wedding dress she sewed by hand finally. I am stunned that anyone can make by hand a dress so awesome. My best friends have let me know that the batchelor party is going to be at a top rated Golf resort so I assume I am going to allowed to be at the batchelor party.

It is looking like I may have to set my foot down and say I am going over there and fly back with her. Strange how up tio now I have done about everything to get the paperwork and the visa to this stage. No one knew anything how to do all this and when it is done it is like I am useless.

Timeline

Ok. The setting the foot down is maybe the wrong way. I just sent her the money to do it herself and will just worry myself to death until she comes. I figure that if she has any problems and her or the Aunts and cousins have any problems than I will step back in and handle anything. Even then I will just fly over at that time.

You ladies are some stubborn people for sure.

Timeline

I had left a message asking if she went and got the Visa and while I was out taking a shower she had replied that she did so and has it now and then signed out. Hopefully she won't be on too late and I can talk to her and ask about what went on when she got the pink and when she went in today. She had been busy lately as two of her brothers were getting married together and it was yesterday so now maybe she can relax a bit now. I am really happy that she has the visa in hand at last and can breathe easier myself. I know they said Yes and all but still was worried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.