Hi Im GOIY

What happens if we're denied..?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been on here a lot recently asking the same basic questions over and over... Sorry about that I'm just so anxious and worrying myself into a state of depression haha...

If our I-129F petition is denied at the interview because of the Affidavit of Support, (which I think would be a bit ludicrous as I would NEVER have filed in the first place if I wasn't confident that our bills would be paid and we'd eat three times a day <_< ), what happens..? Do we have to wait years before we can file any sort of petition after that or can we file a K3 the next month and start over that way..?

Obviously I would prefer our petition not be denied and not have to deal with this at all... But if it is, it would really take a lot off my mind just to know what the next step would be... I've heard rumors that we have to wait a minimum of 2 years before we can file a second petition, K1 or K3... That would be utterly devastating but having the time to formulate a plan in case the worst does happen would all the same be reassuring...

Thanks in advance for everything =]

Goiy.

10736.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no required wait period between petitions. However, if you file a subsequent petition, but fail to cure the reason for the reusal in the interim, then any subsequent visa application will have the same result, regardless of length of time between

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks so much =] That makes more sense than what I had been hearing before... I was beside myself when people started telling me we were going to have to wait 2 years between petitions... Thanks again!!!

Goiy.

10736.gif

I am sure you are fine. Thousands of K1/K3 visas interview get approved each week at the US Embassy in Manila.

When I was there in August, there were over 100 people to get the K1/K3 Visa, and the gaurd told me we were in slow season.

Most all get approved.

Just have all your paperwork in order, Follow the instruction, and play the waiting game. Overall it's a simple process.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am sure you are fine. Thousands of K1/K3 visas interview get approved each week at the US Embassy in Manila.

When I was there in August, there were over 100 people to get the K1/K3 Visa, and the gaurd told me we were in slow season.

Most all get approved.

Just have all your paperwork in order, Follow the instruction, and play the waiting game. Overall it's a simple process.....

The OP has a significant concern about the Affidavit of Support. If denied for public charge concerns the cure is CR1 not K3 as a joint sponsor can definitely be used with a CR1 or IR1 case. Support issues are decided Stateside by NVC in CR1 and IR1 cases. Also filing just an I-130 removes the need to file for a waiver of the IMBRA two-year filing limitations.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Most all get approved.

The OP has a significant concern about the Affidavit of Support. If denied for public charge concerns the cure is CR1 not K3 as a joint sponsor can definitely be used with a CR1 or IR1 case. Support issues are decided Stateside by NVC in CR1 and IR1 cases. Also filing just an I-130 removes the need to file for a waiver of the IMBRA two-year filing limitations.

Okay so if you could dumb that down for me a little I would greatly appreciate it =] Either way I'm not going to have a co-sponsor. My family doesn't want to be legally bound to pay for anything my fiance might do wrong, like get in a car accident... I know they'd be there for us if we needed them, but they won't sign anything... My financial situation is this:

I'm going to show a bit short of the 125% for 2008, but my new job I acquired in October promises to be much better and to be enough to meet the requirement. I will have recent pay stubs, I will have a letter from my supervisor, and I will also have a letter from me explaining things a bit since I can't be at the interview. I'll also be including a letter from my stepfather who has a spot open at his mechanic shop for my fiance once he gets here and is legally able to work. Hopefully my telling them my fiance is virtually guaranteed a job won't look like fraud :wacko:

If these supplements to the Affidavit don't look like they'll be enough to qualify us, what is the best next move? I'm very confident that within another 6 months I'll have more than enough evidence to prove that my financial situation has really improved and everything's up to par.

Thanks again for all of your insight... I can't wait to not have to worry about this anymore :crying:

-Goiy.

10736.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is important for you to understand what the affidavit of support obligates you (or a joint sponsor) to.... once you do it might be easier to get someone to assist.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Most all get approved.

Okay so if you could dumb that down for me a little I would greatly appreciate it =] Either way I'm not going to have a co-sponsor. My family doesn't want to be legally bound to pay for anything my fiance might do wrong, like get in a car accident... I know they'd be there for us if we needed them, but they won't sign anything... My financial situation is this:

I'm going to show a bit short of the 125% for 2008, but my new job I acquired in October promises to be much better and to be enough to meet the requirement. I will have recent pay stubs, I will have a letter from my supervisor, and I will also have a letter from me explaining things a bit since I can't be at the interview. I'll also be including a letter from my stepfather who has a spot open at his mechanic shop for my fiance once he gets here and is legally able to work. Hopefully my telling them my fiance is virtually guaranteed a job won't look like fraud :wacko:

If these supplements to the Affidavit don't look like they'll be enough to qualify us, what is the best next move? I'm very confident that within another 6 months I'll have more than enough evidence to prove that my financial situation has really improved and everything's up to par.

Thanks again for all of your insight... I can't wait to not have to worry about this anymore :crying:

-Goiy.

If your current income from your job is sufficient, state that as your income. Just calculate the annual income. I hourly take the hourly rate times 2000 hours. Then support it with recent pay stubs. Since a co-sponsor is out of the question, the only viable solution is to qualify on your own. It sounds like you do. If not, a second or better job is the solution.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.