Poetry

I-751 Relocated for Adjudication

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! This is my first time to post here hoping to get some answer to my question.

I originally filed my I-751 application to CSC in June(California Service Center) as required. I was hoping to receive my GC this month since it's been six months already and some people I know got theirs in two weeks time after they sent their application to CSC (in fact later than I did). But in December I received a letter from USCIS informing me they relocated my application to the service center close to my place (Milwaukee) for Adjudication, and that I have to wait for another notice for my interview date.

It made me wonder why. Does anyone in this forum has the same experience? What might be the reason that they had to relocate my application from CSC to Milwaukee? Some people I know they received their GC without any interview. I doubled check my package before I sent it to make sure I did not overlook anything, its well organized too to make the job easier for USCIS staff.

Any insight or comment to enlighten my mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy new year to everyone!

Hello everyone! This is my first time to post here hoping to get some answer to my question.

I originally filed my I-751 application to CSC in June(California Service Center) as required. I was hoping to receive my GC this month since it's been six months already and some people I know got theirs in two weeks time after they sent their application to CSC (in fact later than I did). But in December I received a letter from USCIS informing me they relocated my application to the service center close to my place (Milwaukee) for Adjudication, and that I have to wait for another notice for my interview date.

It made me wonder why. Does anyone in this forum has the same experience? What might be the reason that they had to relocate my application from CSC to Milwaukee? Some people I know they received their GC without any interview. I doubled check my package before I sent it to make sure I did not overlook anything, its well organized too to make the job easier for USCIS staff.

Could be from lack of evidence or maybe just got unlucky and you were a random check!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Could be from lack of evidence or maybe just got unlucky and you were a random check!

They could also be moving to your local office for an interview. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are scheduling you for an interview and that is why your file was sent to the local office. They schedule interviews for two reasons - the evidence isn't strong enough for them to decide on its own so they want to talk to you in person, or you were randomly selected for an interview. They need to conduct a certain number of interviews so even though there may be nothing amiss with your file and you have lots of evidence, you get selected for an interview.

In either case, don't worry. Bring along the originals of the copies that you selected and add to it any other evidence that you have that will show your marriage is a real marriage and not entered into for the purpose of getting a green card.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Poetry (what an interesting VJ user name),

Welcome to posting on VJ! I think them moving your file from the CSC to your local service center can be seen as a good thing, as it could mean that you would be called for an interview at your local center. And thus more likely you will approved after your interview. And yes, it does help them you organized your file with all the relevant joint evidence when you submitted it in, which will help with the approval there too. As long as you submitted everything, be honest, and have a good case, you've got nothing to worry about (and should probably expect your 10yr card soon after).

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Poetry, welcome to VJ

Now that you know that you need to go for a new interview is very important to complete the package that will go with you in the interview. Let us know exactly what you sent with your I-751?? That way we can help you with recomendations of other documents that you can use.

Good luck and please keep in touch for any news.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.