11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all. I will be filing for AOS together with EAD and AP soon. Ive googled...searched... and found these two helpful links.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

1.) Any other tips or anything else i should add to the checklist?

2.) On the 2nd link above, it states....

2.a) "1. Payment(s) as required by USCIS. Be sure to include the payment for both the I-485 and the biometrics fee*. Use a money order so you can track the payment. If a personal check is allowed, use that instead. >> The fee for I-485 applications filed on or after July 30th 2007 inlcudes the cost of the I-131 and I-765 (no need to pay for them if filed with or while your I-485 application is pending adjudication -- as long as you paid the "new" rate for the I-485 effective July 30th 2007)."

Does this mean that if i file I-485 (AOS) together with I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP), I only need to pay $1010 ($930 plus a biometrics fee of $80)? No need to pay $340 for I-765 and $305 for I-131? (just checking... im paranoid)

2.b ) "12. I-864, Affidavit of Support (see poverty limits here)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation

13. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.

14 I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here."

What are these supporting documents?

2.c) "11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)"

I have a summary of my vaccination when i finished my medical exam prior to my interview. This was the only copy they gave me after my medical exam. They kept the rest. Is that the I-693A? Or do i need to go to a civil surgeon and ask for one?

3. My husband is unemployed right now and is currently on unemployment to get the 2 months worth of salary his company owed him (ermmm?!!!!). He has enough money in the bank that will allow us to live for a year or two comfortably depending on our expenses. His company might resume its normal operations this month... emphasis on might. So he is currently looking for new employment, just in case. So im wondering, Im required to submit an affidavit of support. Should we use the same affidavit of support that we used for our I-129F (that was when he was still employed)? Or should we get a 3rd party person like a relative (who is employed and above poverty line) to sign another affidavit of support in behalf of him? Im not sure about the latter. *scratches her head*

This site had been very informative. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Happy new year everyone. :)

Edited by PingLocalHostess

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does this mean that if i file I-485 (AOS) together with I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP), I only need to pay $1010 ($930 plus a biometrics fee of $80)? No need to pay $340 for I-765 and $305 for I-131? (just checking... im paranoid)

Yes you are paranoid... $1,010 for all

13. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.

14 I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here."

Read form instructions.... they are indicated there...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

is it a "requirement" to show a document that im under the petitioner's insurance?? or what are the documents you've included as a proof?

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline

is it a "requirement" to show a document that im under the petitioner's insurance?? or what are the documents you've included as a proof?

Evidence of a bonafide relationship is required... which pieces of evidence you are able to provide is your choice... you cannot provide what does not exist

YMMV

Timeline

Evidence of a bonafide relationship is required... which pieces of evidence you are able to provide is your choice... you cannot provide what does not exist

so the insurance thing is not really something that we need to push just to provide for the aos requirement.. just trying to clarify things here cus i read once in this forum that showing insurance with the beneficiary under the petitioner's is a "required" proof

also....is the sharing of property (e.g. bank account, house, insurance) under the reuquirement of "FINANCIAL SUPPORT" or under the category of "proving that the relationship is true and existing.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

it is in itself not required..... it is only one of many different types of evidence that can be presented....

comingling of finances would be a relationship evidence....(joint ownershipe, etc..)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
it is in itself not required..... it is only one of many different types of evidence that can be presented....

tnx, i understand that but my question was where does my above e.g. of evidences being categorized:

financial spport or proving that ur marriage is existing?

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

tnx, i understand that but my question was where does my above e.g. of evidences being categorized:

financial support ability is all about $$$$$$ (either income or assets)

everything else is relationship

YMMV

2.c) "11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)"

I have a summary of my vaccination when i finished my medical exam prior to my interview. This was the only copy they gave me after my medical exam. They kept the rest. Is that the I-693A? Or do i need to go to a civil surgeon and ask for one?

What you were given is the DS-3025 (aka DS-2053). You take that to a Civil Surgeon and they will transcribe that info onto an I-693 form. Note: The I-693A that you mentioned was discontinued last May. The new I-693 (revised May 2008) contains a vaccination section. If your overseas medical exam was less than 1 year ago, that is what the only section that the CS needs to complete and then sign the form. Don't let them talk you into agreeing to do another full exam. They will try to get you to do a new exam, but you just need the vaccination section filled out and signed. read the instructions to I-693, section III.

My husband is unemployed right now and is currently on unemployment to get the 2 months worth of salary his company owed him (ermmm?!!!!). He has enough money in the bank that will allow us to live for a year or two comfortably depending on our expenses. His company might resume its normal operations this month... emphasis on might. So he is currently looking for new employment, just in case. So im wondering, Im required to submit an affidavit of support. Should we use the same affidavit of support that we used for our I-129F (that was when he was still employed)? Or should we get a 3rd party person like a relative (who is employed and above poverty line) to sign another affidavit of support in behalf of him? Im not sure about the latter. *scratches her head*

Yes, you are required to submit an new Affidavit of Support. Actually, your husband fills it out, since he's the one sponsoring you. But unlike for the K-1, for AOS, you will use form I-864, not I-134. And just to be safe, I'd get a joint-sponsor. Since your husband is currently not working, you shouldn't file paperwork saying that he is.

This site had been very informative. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Happy new year everyone. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

payxibka: Thanks :)

Eric-Pris: You are right about most CS, they will force you take another medical exam. But thanks to VJ and google, i was able to get a hold Dr. Arnolds office in Austin. And they sent me my I-693 for just $30 ;). Im glad you answered my question for the affidavit of support coz thats been confusing me.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Timeline

hi gurl, just follow what is required in the instruction form. proofs of relationship such as pictures, bills etc will be required during the interview. i only followed what's being required on the instruction and so far i have not receive any rfe. as for the affidavit of support i submitted my husband's W2, 3 years ITR and the supplementary evidences are his employment letter and copy of his paycheck. good luck and God bless

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.