RJG2008

Police certificate - foreign country

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My wife has lived for almost two years in Mauritius on work permit visa. As per the guidelines of the US consulate in Mumbai, she must obtain a Police Certificate from each country where the beneficiary has lived for either six months or more.

I have gathered following information from my research.

Apply to:

======

The Director of Public Prosecutions

Jules Koening Street

Port Louis

Mauritius

Supporting documents:

================

Full name, including maiden name and any other names used if applicable

Date and place of birth

Citizenship

Present address(es) and period(s) of residence in Mauritius

A certified photocopy of birth certificate.

A certified photocopy of marriage certificate.

I am looking for a sample application letter, to obtain Police Certificate from a foreign country.

Any help / information would be of great help.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

RJG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I found basically what you have found:

97 - Mauritius

Apply to: The Director of Public Prosecutions

Jules Koening Street

Port Louis

Mauritius

You should provide:

(a) full name, including maiden name and any other names used if applicable

() date and place of birth

© citizenship

(d) present address(es) and period(s) of residence in Mauritius

(e) a certified photocopy of birth certificate.

I would think you can just write a simple letter explaining the need.

maybe someone can be of more help :)

we will be doing this very soon as well

good luck

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I found basically what you have found:

97 - Mauritius

Apply to: The Director of Public Prosecutions

Jules Koening Street

Port Louis

Mauritius

You should provide:

(a) full name, including maiden name and any other names used if applicable

() date and place of birth

© citizenship

(d) present address(es) and period(s) of residence in Mauritius

(e) a certified photocopy of birth certificate.

I would think you can just write a simple letter explaining the need.

maybe someone can be of more help :)

we will be doing this very soon as well

good luck

Lisa

Thanks Lisa for your help.

We (my wife and me) were thinking on the same line that we should draft an application letter describing our intent and mail the same alongwith the required certified documents.

During my search, I did found a fellow VJer, who had applied and received Police Certificate from Mauritius. Here's the link to his profile.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=19198

Thanks once again. Let me get started with drafting the letter.

Happy New Year and good luck with your next journey (NVC, consulate and the final destination USA).

Regards,

RJG

My wife in the Philippines needed that from Indonesia. It was required her to go there. We couldnt afford that. So, I contacted the Indonesian Embassy in the Philippines, and spoke with the International Law Officer there, and he was more than happy to help us. He made all the arrangements for us, and sent her request to Indonesia for us, and within a month he had the police certificate for her. He did all the work for us.

So... what am saying is that it sure doesnt hurt to contact the foreign embassy in the country of your spouse. We got it all done, no thanks to the American Embassy, who told us we had to figure out what to do for ourselves, and if we couldnt figure out a solution, we would get no visa. Am lucky I stumbled on that thought to check the Indo embassy there in the Phils.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thats great advise Brian

way to be crafty :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
My wife in the Philippines needed that from Indonesia. It was required her to go there. We couldnt afford that. So, I contacted the Indonesian Embassy in the Philippines, and spoke with the International Law Officer there, and he was more than happy to help us. He made all the arrangements for us, and sent her request to Indonesia for us, and within a month he had the police certificate for her. He did all the work for us.

So... what am saying is that it sure doesnt hurt to contact the foreign embassy in the country of your spouse. We got it all done, no thanks to the American Embassy, who told us we had to figure out what to do for ourselves, and if we couldnt figure out a solution, we would get no visa. Am lucky I stumbled on that thought to check the Indo embassy there in the Phils.....

Thanks "Brian and Jopay" for sharing your experience. We would definitely consider this option.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

RJG

Timeline

Thanks "Brian and Jopay" for sharing your experience. We would definitely consider this option.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

RJG

UPDATE:

We contacted the Mauritius Consulate in Mumbai and they'll be able to provide us with the PCC.

My wife got her Police Clearance in Dubai, same info you have. She have to get clearance because she works in Dubai for more than 6 months and its part of the documents we must have.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.