Waiting in Vancouver

What a surprise !! I am approved !!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I checked the mail today and was surprised to find a letter from USCIS that said:

"Congratulations! Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You should receive a new Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551 (green card), within 60 days. Your card will include a mailer, Form I-797D, with important information about your status, responsibilities, and permanent resident services available to you."

So I checked my online status and saw that I was approved on 12/23/08 and that on 12/24/08 they ordered production of my new card. The funny thing is on 12/24/08 at around 10:00am I went to log into look at my status and had forgot my password. I did the forgot my password thingy and gained access. I told my wife that when she checks the emails to ignore one from CRIS because I had changed my password and they send us a confirmation email.

They sent us the approval email also on 12/24/08 at 11:00am (1 hour after I did the password request) so when my wife saw 2 emails from CRIS she just ignored them thinking it was to do with the new password.

I found this step of the process to be of less stress because I wasn't waiting for an approval so I could start working. I wasn't checking every hour to see if I was approved. I think I only checked a few times over the last 2 months.

Anyways, here is the email we got back on 12/24/08:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 24, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.