Ju&Ja

RFE question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey everybody,

Like you can see on my signature or timeline we got a RFE on december 11th.

We sent back what they needed 6 days after, we did as soon as we could cuz' they needed a divorce paper from me in France.

My man told me that he had to put the document needed + the RFE mail in a specific envelop (with RFE written in red all around the envelop).

I wanted to share some experiences here cuz' I thought that after you sent the document asked, the approval (NOA2) arrives pretty fast.

I was hoping to get approved before christmas but nothing. If you guys could give me your experiences and what you know I would appreciate it.

We are supposed to get married in the middle of march in Vegas.

Love

Juliette

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey everybody,

We sent back what they needed 6 days after, we did as soon as we could cuz' they needed a divorce paper from me in France.

My man told me that he had to put the document needed + the RFE mail in a specific envelop (with RFE written in red all around the envelop).

I wanted to share some experiences here cuz' I thought that after you sent the document asked, the approval (NOA2) arrives pretty fast.

I was hoping to get approved before christmas but nothing. If you guys could give me your experiences and what you know I would appreciate it.

Love

Juliette

My experience is that a lot of government workers take time off from work around the holidays.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

There is no specific timeline as to when a petition that receives an rfe will be adjuticated.

The process seems very dependant on the adjuticator who has your petition. It seems some work on rfe cases daily and some wait.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer for you.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey everybody,

Love

Juliette

there is no telling how and when everything works with the USCIS.

look at my timeline. we had a messed up RFE experience too. we kept calling and they kept saying it was sent by mail but 2 months passed and no RFE in the mail. until my bf talked to the supervisor and demanded to know what the heck was up.

thats when we got the RFE in the mail at a good time but yeah - after two months.

you can keep calling like we do. but for sure, we are under their mercy until that much wanted NVC letter comes.

good luck.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.