10 posts in this topic

(Note: This is Julia posting under my fiance's account - I am on his computer in Turkey and forgot his was the account signed in here on VJ when I posted :))

Sibel and I visited the U.S. embassy in Ankara today to try to obtain more information about her husband's K3 visa and my fiance's K1 visa that have been in AP for 6 and 5 months, respectively.

Unfortunately, we were not told much that we did not already know.

We were both told that the reason for her husband and my fiance's AP is security name check clearance, and not relationship verification, document verification, or because of any information provided at their interviews. We were told the same old bit about multiple agencies performing the name checks, about no reliable time frame, and that there is nothing that the embassy can do to speed up the process. We were also told that right now AP is taking a MINIMUM of 6 months, opposed to 3 months about a year ago. The consular officer told us that if AP lasts a year, they will re-submit the information as it may be an electronic problem. We repeatedly questioned her about an average time frame, but all she would say is right now AP is taking a minimum of 6 months, but to last longer than a year was not the norm. While the CO was friendly and sympathetic, the information she offered was not encouraging and we both left feeling pretty discouraged.

I suppose the somewhat good news is that Sibel has already reached the 6 month mark and Onur and I have been waiting 5 months...so we are entering the potential approval time frame. It is also good to know that the AP is for name check only and that it is really just a matter of time to get the clearance.

Edited by ferno

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks for your post. I know the feeling too of being put on AP. After the knowledge and experience I have gained through being on AP I believe that it is important to consider this just another part of the process. There is nothing negative associated with AP other then the fact that you have mroe wait time. This is common in your SO's area and as mine. Do not be discouraged. Accept the stage and prepare for the best. Everything will be returned to favor you.

Be paitient and positive.

Best regards,

Missy

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Ya when I went, I got the same bit from the CO and was pretty discouraged as well. Seems the only answers I got were from my Senator and then the final e-mail from the embassy AFTER the visa was set to be printed.

I suggest you both keep close contact with your Senators and see that the checks do NOT expire, as in our case. I believe the visas should be issued within 6-8 months for typical cases.

God bless, and waiting for good news from both of you.

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Hi Julia and Onur,

I am glad that you were able to visit the Embassy and speak to someone, even if it didn't give you any new information. I agree with the other posts, your positive answers are right around the corner!!

Have a wonderful New Year in Turkey!!! Say hi to Istanbul for me!!

Hugs,

~Wendy

(Note: This is Julia posting under my fiance's account - I am on his computer in Turkey and forgot his was the account signed in here on VJ when I posted :))

Sibel and I visited the U.S. embassy in Ankara today to try to obtain more information about her husband's K3 visa and my fiance's K1 visa that have been in AP for 6 and 5 months, respectively.

Unfortunately, we were not told much that we did not already know.

We were both told that the reason for her husband and my fiance's AP is security name check clearance, and not relationship verification, document verification, or because of any information provided at their interviews. We were told the same old bit about multiple agencies performing the name checks, about no reliable time frame, and that there is nothing that the embassy can do to speed up the process. We were also told that right now AP is taking a MINIMUM of 6 months, opposed to 3 months about a year ago. The consular officer told us that if AP lasts a year, they will re-submit the information as it may be an electronic problem. We repeatedly questioned her about an average time frame, but all she would say is right now AP is taking a minimum of 6 months, but to last longer than a year was not the norm. While the CO was friendly and sympathetic, the information she offered was not encouraging and we both left feeling pretty discouraged.

I suppose the somewhat good news is that Sibel has already reached the 6 month mark and Onur and I have been waiting 5 months...so we are entering the potential approval time frame. It is also good to know that the AP is for name check only and that it is really just a matter of time to get the clearance.

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Even though the embassy did not really provide us any information we didn't already know, Julia and I felt better letting them know that we were people whose lives they affect everyday and that this process is causing people to suffer. We also felt better knowing more about why our loved ones were selected for AP rather than questioning what went wrong during the interview at the embassy. The best part of our trip to the embassy though, was of course meeting each other and supporting one another in a very lonely and frustrating process that most of our friends and people we see every day can not relate to nor understand.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

:thumbs: Right, even though we know the visa may not be issued the same day, or direct information may not be given, that is exactly the reason it is better than not to go to the embassy.

Even though the embassy did not really provide us any information we didn't already know, Julia and I felt better letting them know that we were people whose lives they affect everyday and that this process is causing people to suffer. We also felt better knowing more about why our loved ones were selected for AP rather than questioning what went wrong during the interview at the embassy. The best part of our trip to the embassy though, was of course meeting each other and supporting one another in a very lonely and frustrating process that most of our friends and people we see every day can not relate to nor understand.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

:yes:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Julia, Sibel, hang in there. It WILL come to an end, I promise you. ;)

WonTanNara--hey what is going on with your husband's AP--any news? How was your visit?

Sibel

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
Julia, Sibel, hang in there. It WILL come to an end, I promise you. ;)

WonTanNara--hey what is going on with your husband's AP--any news? How was your visit?

Sibel

Our visit was great thank you! We did go to the embassy and confirmed that things are moving along. It won't be too much longer now! I'll post details later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.