Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah I was trying to download it but still wont come up. I'll have to try again. Thank you oh and btw if by chance you need a co-sponsor does it have to be a relative or a friend. I'm not sure I need one because I just started two jobs one in august of 2008 and one this month. I have employee letters, and pay stubs to show the amount of money I will be making this year. My tax returns are ####### because I just started working and didnt make enough for the poverty limit but my two jobs this year I will make more than enough. I was wondering if that is enough to submit.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sending back 'Packet 3' today. It says to wait until you have all of your documents.. but as long as I have them before the interview, will it be okay to just send it now? Affidavit of support documents will be in the mail soon, and police certificate is due here within a week..

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

... 'Police certificates' AND 'Police Certificate for the United Kingdom' ? Do I need more than the one I just sent away for?

Never been arrested, or anything.. :whistle:

You don't send ANY documents back to the embassy.. right? You just send back the forms, and take the documents/passport/certificates/evidence/etc with you to the interview? I saw some people saying that you're not meant to sign some of the forms until the actual interview..? Should I leave any blank? (Sorry for all the questions..)

(I can't believe how many times they ask you for the SAME thing in those 4 forms.. I think I answered my name like, 5 times.)

Booking my medical today too. :dancing:

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Sending back 'Packet 3' today. It says to wait until you have all of your documents.. but as long as I have them before the interview, will it be okay to just send it now? Affidavit of support documents will be in the mail soon, and police certificate is due here within a week..

... 'Police certificates' AND 'Police Certificate for the United Kingdom' ? Do I need more than the one I just sent away for?

Never been arrested, or anything.. :whistle:

You don't send ANY documents back to the embassy.. right? You just send back the forms, and take the documents/passport/certificates/evidence/etc with you to the interview? I saw some people saying that you're not meant to sign some of the forms until the actual interview..? Should I leave any blank? (Sorry for all the questions..)

(I can't believe how many times they ask you for the SAME thing in those 4 forms.. I think I answered my name like, 5 times.)

Booking my medical today too. :dancing:

Are you sending the check list back as well??

I sent mine back on the 7th Jan got interview for the 6th March so I am sure that you will be fine

No only 1 copy of the police report and photo copy it when you take it to the embassy for your interview

No you dont send anything back just the forms and check list, everything else goes to the interview with you

You dont sign the DS-156 that is the one that you do in duplicate the other can be signed

Good luck

Multiple police certificates are required when you have lived in other countries for longer than 6 months since you were 16?? Not sure about the age part.

For example for myself it means 1 x UK, and 1 x Australia.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah I was trying to download it but still wont come up. I'll have to try again. Thank you oh and btw if by chance you need a co-sponsor does it have to be a relative or a friend. I'm not sure I need one because I just started two jobs one in august of 2008 and one this month. I have employee letters, and pay stubs to show the amount of money I will be making this year. My tax returns are ####### because I just started working and didnt make enough for the poverty limit but my two jobs this year I will make more than enough. I was wondering if that is enough to submit.

make sure you have the latest version of acrobat, that solves most problems with pdfs. ;)

the co-sponsor does not need to be a relative, it can be anyone who meets the required criteria.

Timeline

Couldn't get out today to post my Packet 3 response as the snow made the roads too dangerous to drive on, and couldn't book my medical because the bad weather made their computer systems go down (they couldn't schedule me an appointment) .. I moan all year that we don't get snow, because I usually love it, then as soon as we do get it, it delays my K1 progress a little :angry:

I hope I put my response together correctly.. are you meant to send all of the forms in dulpicate to them? Is the one that says 'don't write below this line, the consular officer will help you will this in' the only one that you DON'T sign? because I signed the others when they prompted me to.

The checklist is in there too :)

Argh this whole process is making me so paranoid about forms. I just want to be in the US with my boyfriend :(

Edited by Furious Biscuit

Application Status

-----------

Couldn't get out today to post my Packet 3 response as the snow made the roads too dangerous to drive on, and couldn't book my medical because the bad weather made their computer systems go down (they couldn't schedule me an appointment) .. I moan all year that we don't get snow, because I usually love it, then as soon as we do get it, it delays my K1 progress a little :angry:

I hope I put my response together correct.. are you meant to send all of the forms in dulpicate to them? Is the one that says 'don't write below this line, the consular officer will help you will this in' the only one that you DON'T sign? because I signed the others when they prompted me too.

Argh this whole process is making me so paranoid about forms. I just want to be in the US with my boyfriend :(

No only the DS 156 is in duplicate and that is the one I told you not to sign so you are ok

I hope your fiance does not mind that you have a boyfirend :whistle:

Timeline

I hope I put my response together correct.. are you meant to send all of the forms in dulpicate to them? Is the one that says 'don't write below this line, the consular officer will help you will this in' the only one that you DON'T sign? because I signed the others when they prompted me too.

No only the DS 156 is in duplicate and that is the one I told you not to sign so you are ok

Haha I just hate that term :(:ot2:

The website said three of the forms need to be in duplicate? I'm confused :unsure:

Edited by Furious Biscuit

Application Status

-----------

Haha I just hate that term :(

you are not the early one

I was stuck at home today so decided to double check my other halfs affidavit and thank god I did he mucked it up, at least I have a month to get him to send me a new one.......I could thump him. That was the only thing I left him to do on his own sent him all the directions and example forms and he still mucked it up

The website said three of the forms need to be in duplicate? I'm confused :unsure:

I think its new that they want the others in duplicate - I sent my packet3 back before I received the letter so had not sent a duplicate of the 156k but they have me on their system as eligible for an interview. The 157 is only for male applicants I think.

I am finding the snow so frustrating - I know it is worse for those who have interviews this week, but if the embassy is shut no one is scheduling interviews either :(

Edited by Talyss

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

well I might be wrong, I am just following the instructions that they sent to me with my packet 3, what did it say on yours.

I only sent the DS 156 in duplicate and I have my interview next month

Dont stress it is not going to hurt if you send everything back in duplicate, if they dont need it then they can just put them in the trash

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

make sure you have the latest version of acrobat, that solves most problems with pdfs. ;)

the co-sponsor does not need to be a relative, it can be anyone who meets the required criteria.

Ok thank you very much that is very helpful for me.

thankfully the Embassy was back open today.

Visa APPROVED!!!

Thank you to Shaz & Zoe for keeping me updated while i was trying to get to London. Really appreciate you guys.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

thankfully the Embassy was back open today.

Visa APPROVED!!!

Thank you to Shaz & Zoe for keeping me updated while i was trying to get to London. Really appreciate you guys.

Awesome news - Congratulations!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations!! :dance:

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.