Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Please add us to the list. Feb 5

I found out by callling Dos today. How long did it take for you to get your notice in the mail? How will we get in the emabssy if it doe not arrive on time.

COngratulations!

I called the primium number they gave me a code to email them and I got back an auto response, saying that it will take 3-5 days to get back to me. I dont have that much time the inteview is on Thursday. Im totally freaking out because the london help line told me that they did not see an interview date in the system. I want to cry.

TRY NOT TO WORRY!

I had an auto responce email for them( 4 in fact because I mailed them 4 times), they send them to everyone. I then heard back a few hours later. Be patient, you have a week. :thumbs:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Yeayyyyyyyyy congratulations on getting your interview date!!!!

I just called the London emabssy to ask about the letter needed for the interivew date. Im really confused now because the girl that I talked to told me that she does not see it in the system that my husband has been given an iterview date. That is not what DOS told me. Now im completely confused. Any suggestions?

Same thing happened to us. DOS told me interview date. Embassy said nothing has been scheduled. The letter arrived the next day with a postmark showing it had been sent two days before the date when Embassy phone lady said it wasn't processed yet. In my personal observation, the letter goes out the day they schedule you or the next. So DOS doesn't have the info much before you'll get the letter, depending on Royal Mail. Now why the Embassy line didn't have that information, I don't know, but she gave me false info and DOS was indeed correct.

If you don't get the letter, they have a list of appointments so they can look you up. You might have to do a little talking and explaining, but they will let you in.

Thank you, I feel so much better now. =0) I was having a panic attack and Im not even the one going to the interview my hubby is.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeayyyyyyyyy congratulations on getting your interview date!!!!

I just called the London emabssy to ask about the letter needed for the interivew date. Im really confused now because the girl that I talked to told me that she does not see it in the system that my husband has been given an iterview date. That is not what DOS told me. Now im completely confused. Any suggestions?

Same thing happened to us. DOS told me interview date. Embassy said nothing has been scheduled. The letter arrived the next day with a postmark showing it had been sent two days before the date when Embassy phone lady said it wasn't processed yet. In my personal observation, the letter goes out the day they schedule you or the next. So DOS doesn't have the info much before you'll get the letter, depending on Royal Mail. Now why the Embassy line didn't have that information, I don't know, but she gave me false info and DOS was indeed correct.

If you don't get the letter, they have a list of appointments so they can look you up. You might have to do a little talking and explaining, but they will let you in.

Thank you, I feel so much better now. =0) I was having a panic attack and Im not even the one going to the interview my hubby is.

if you're worried about the letter maybe you could try emailing the embassy and asking them for a confirmation email of the interview tomorrow? if packet 4 turns up before the interview, great you won't need it. if it doesn't turn up then... you are prepared ;)

try not to worry too much (i know that is easier said than done), i'm sure it will all go smoothly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Um, I got packet 3, I think... only, it's more like a 'letter 3'.. it's a letter from the London consulate with a couple of web links for forms that I need to return to them. I thought they actually sent you the forms.. hence the packet? Did they just get lazy? :mellow:

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Timeline
Um, I got packet 3, I think... only, it's more like a 'letter 3'.. it's a letter from the London consulate with a couple of web links for forms that I need to return to them. I thought they actually sent you the forms.. hence the packet? Did they just get lazy? :mellow:

Our packet 3 was the same way this week too. They actually sent two identical packets (letters) with links to their website for forms to return, no forms inside the actual packet. It had instructions on booking the medical and the checklist sheet but that was it. We had already filled out the required forms so we are not too bothered by it, however it did leave us wondering the same thing.

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our packet 3 was the same way this week too. They actually sent two identical packets (letters) with links to their website for forms to return, no forms inside the actual packet. It had instructions on booking the medical and the checklist sheet but that was it. We had already filled out the required forms so we are not too bothered by it, however it did leave us wondering the same thing.

Hmm, I got no instructions for how to book the medical/a checklist, just the letter with weblinks.. I hope just going to the website for the forms will be enough :unsure:

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Timeline

Hmm, I got no instructions for how to book the medical/a checklist, just the letter with weblinks.. I hope just going to the website for the forms will be enough :unsure:

Now I am concerned for us both because it seems like they are just sending out random stuff. I might have to start calling and finding out what is going on. :wacko:

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Timeline

Here are details on how to book the medical. You won't get the contact details on the embassy site. The first link has the medical questionnaire. The second link the the Surgery's website.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/LND-ME...L-0001-0801.pdf

http://www.visamedicals.info/

Here are details on how to book the medical. You won't get the contact details on the embassy site. The first link has the medical questionnaire. The second link the the Surgery's website.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/LND-ME...L-0001-0801.pdf

http://www.visamedicals.info/

I got my Hepititus B jab today -- turns out that's all I needed. Nurse said I should wait four weeks to get my next jab before booking my visa medical, and she's going through the documentation to ensure I get what I need before I go for the medical. They will charge for HPV and I'll have to go to a private hospital or something in order to get it, so I'm not sure if I should go ahead and get it.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews =D.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

Hep B? Thought that was needed for under 18's only? But hey, if it was free. I just need the HPV and possibly an updated Tdap.

Timeline

i was wondering if someone can just help me out a little. I couldnt download the i-134 affidavit of support so I went to my friends out to print it out I guess it is the new form and it didnt have to notorized I an just double checking if that is right. I posted a question on that in the general discussion and I got some arrogrant idiot telling me I need to read better and that is criticial for your visa journey I thought that was uncalled for when simply I was just double checking because my finace had got packet 3 and I need to send this to him asap. So if I am right I dont have to get it notorized. I would appreciate the help thank you.

Timeline
i was wondering if someone can just help me out a little. I couldnt download the i-134 affidavit of support so I went to my friends out to print it out I guess it is the new form and it didnt have to notorized I an just double checking if that is right. I posted a question on that in the general discussion and I got some arrogrant idiot telling me I need to read better and that is criticial for your visa journey I thought that was uncalled for when simply I was just double checking because my finace had got packet 3 and I need to send this to him asap. So if I am right I dont have to get it notorized. I would appreciate the help thank you.

I can probably guess who spoke to you like that.

If you downloaded the newest I-134 there is no need to have it notarized. It's probably worth downloading the instructions as well and highlighting the part where it says it doesn't need to be notarized just in case the embassy say anything. It can be found on page 1 of the instructions under the title 'Execution of Affidavit'.

Timeline

Yeah I can give you one guess who said that and I bet you are right. Thank you so much. For some reason it wont decrypt the document on my computer so I can ask my friend to download it to me and email it to me so I can print it out. Thank you again I appreciate it. I think even if you send me the link I still wont be able to open it. Dont know why that is happening.

Yeah I can give you one guess who said that and I bet you are right. Thank you so much. For some reason it wont decrypt the document on my computer so I can ask my friend to download it to me and email it to me so I can print it out. Thank you again I appreciate it. I think even if you send me the link I still wont be able to open it. Dont know why that is happening.

is it a pdf document. I was having problem with one of the online forms untill I downlaoded the latest version of adobe acrobat

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.