bryonm4

found new info that could hurt my case

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was denied my K1 visa recently for bonified with a 221g

My friend Henry and my fiancee's brother are friends and my fiancees brother was going to set up my fiancee with my friend Henry but Henry was already seeing somebody so he asked me if I was interestead. He showed me a picture and we started chatting online. Durning the interview when they asked how we met she stumbled and called her brother and had to ask him. Now I was advised to submitt an affidavid of how my friend Henry and her brother are friends and how the photos of her and me were exchanged.

If we marry and file a K3 or refile a K1 I worry that since she got this wrong they will hold that against us (especially since her brother and my friend henry are gambling buddies) that she had to make a phone call on the first interview. We only had 1 table at our engangment party it was just her family and I have read in ho chi minh if you don't have a big engagemnent party they will hold that against you. I didn't save the receipt from the engagement party. If I get married over there I do plan on having about 10 to 15 tables for the wedding i'm hopeing they will overlook the small engagement party. I met her in april of 07 got engaged dec of 07. I hired a lawyer in feb of 08 he told me to collect info so almost all of the proof I have is after feb of 08 after we were engaged. Before I made the trip we have a few emails and letters but I wasn't saving my screen prints and I don't have any old phone records since I use penny talk the billing only goes back 90 days so I was only able to go back till the middle of november 07 with my phone records.

I'm just wondering if doing another visa is hopeless maybe I should save my money for a few years and move to Ho Chi Minh and live off that for 20 years untill my social security kicks in.

Edited by bryonm4

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

• 3 weeks later...

"My friend Henry and my fiancee's brother are friends and my fiancees brother was going to set up my fiancee with my friend Henry but Henry was already seeing somebody so he asked me if I was interestead. He showed me a picture and we started chatting online. Durning the interview when they asked how we met she stumbled and called her brother and had to ask him. Now I was advised to submitt an affidavid of how my friend Henry and her brother are friends and how the photos of her and me were exchanged. "

Sounds like they are looking at a possible violation of IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Act).

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
"My friend Henry and my fiancee's brother are friends and my fiancees brother was going to set up my fiancee with my friend Henry but Henry was already seeing somebody so he asked me if I was interestead. He showed me a picture and we started chatting online. Durning the interview when they asked how we met she stumbled and called her brother and had to ask him. Now I was advised to submitt an affidavid of how my friend Henry and her brother are friends and how the photos of her and me were exchanged. "

Sounds like they are looking at a possible violation of IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Act).

Not hardly. They have determined the relationship is not bona fide. Except for the filing limitations, IMBRA is about informing beneficiaries about petitioners' appicable criminal records.

A violation of the act would be difficult for anybody but an actual IMB.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Not hardly. They have determined the relationship is not bona fide. Except for the filing limitations, IMBRA is about informing beneficiaries about petitioners' appicable criminal records.

A violation of the act would be difficult for anybody but an actual IMB.

I am thinking you may be right. I am still trying to find the current strategy of starting FPU actions, and/or outright denial, of K-1 Visa cases involving family introductions. It seems that chance meetings on the internet are okay, but some introductions are not.

Hokey Smoke!

I was wondering if they were loosely interpreting "marriage broker" and "international".

There is something called the "Murphy Act" or something like that I found earlier, but I have not yet found the time to read through it yet. Yes, it was talking about "denial of bonafide relationships" as the blanket reason to give...blah...blah...blah...

That was as far as I got.

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I was wondering if they were loosely interpreting "marriage broker" and "international".

There is something called the "Murphy Act" or something like that I found earlier, but I have not yet found the time to read through it yet. Yes, it was talking about "denial of bonafide relationships" as the blanket reason to give...blah...blah...blah...

That was as far as I got.

Whenever you see a denial based on the lack of a bona fide relationship, they are saying the relationship was entered into exclusively to derive an immigration benefit. It sounds like a very high standard and I think it is intended to be. In practice, however, in high fraud countries it doesn't seem to take much suspicion of fraud to meet the standard.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.