MARM

TOUCHED ON A SUNDAY???!!!

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so can someone explain to me the rationale behind getting touched on Christmas?

I was touched yesterday 12/24/2008 and also today 12/25/08

If the offices are closed on Christmas, how is this possible?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Okay so can someone explain to me the rationale behind getting touched on Christmas?

spooky! maybe the system updates over night so you were actually touched the day before? does that make any sense? hiccuc lol

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

spooky! maybe the system updates over night so you were actually touched the day before? does that make any sense? hiccuc lol

yes, but it was touched yesterday just around their closing time 12/24/2008 and today in the afternoon when I checked the website, it was updated again with today's date!

I don't know what to think...I mean should I contact NVC and ask if they have record of my file...maybe I got approved and I didn't get an email/online update?

I don't know :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow you are getting a lot of touches, they are suppose to scan the bar code on the folder each time they work on it and it records it in the system, but I dont believe they alwys do. We filed on June 16 got touched July 9, then then next touch was the day after the system showed we were approved which Noa 2 showed Oct 30 then showed touched on Oct 31, I think that touch was when the case was sent to NVC. I have no Idea why your case gets so many touches maybe they really like the photos you put with your case LOLz. Good Luck to you and Happy New Year.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Filed: Timeline

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind constantly posting whining about being touched? Why in the world would ANYONE post a topic complaining that it was a Sunday and they were "touched"? Why would you wonder "how this is possible?" that you got a touch on Xmas Eve and Xmas? Do you really care about the answer, or are you just trying to "show off" your touches?

I really don't understand why you people watch those things so obsessively. Seems to cause more harm than good.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind constantly posting whining about being touched? Why in the world would ANYONE post a topic complaining that it was a Sunday and they were "touched"? Why would you wonder "how this is possible?" that you got a touch on Xmas Eve and Xmas? Do you really care about the answer, or are you just trying to "show off" your touches?

I really don't understand why you people watch those things so obsessively. Seems to cause more harm than good.

Well well, PlatyPius...maybe you FORGOT how it feels to be touched so many times WITHOUT an NOA2...and if you have a problem with me asking and wondering about why I am getting these touches and no sign of NOA2...then why are you commenting on my post? I HAVE THE RIGHT to ask and comment on this forum just like anyone else does. Why would I wonder if I got touches on Xmas Eve and Xmas? Because the offices are supposed to be closed and I am anticipating my NOA2 so any touches make me wonder what they are doing to my file? And why the hell would I be showing off about the touches???????? Touches don't mean anything unless they are because of an RFE or NOA2, so there is no reason to show off, rather it is torture to see these updates and yet no results in terms of NOA2. BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE SO APATHETIC BECAUSE...hmmmm...LET'S SEE, maybe because YOUR I-129F WAS APPROVED IN 100 DAYS????? OR IS IT BECAUSE IT JUST TOOK A MONTH LONGER THAN WHERE I AM NOW FOR YOUR K-1 TO BE APPROVED???? OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE AOS APPROVED AND YOU THINK YOU ARE SO HIGH AND MIGHTY THAT IT SEEMS STUPID TO YOU THAT SOMEONE IS STILL STUCK AT THE USCIS STAGE?????

I don't appreciate your comments and if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all!

-MARM

Edited by MARM

Well well, PlatyPius...maybe you FORGOT how it feels to be touched so many times WITHOUT an NOA2...and if you have a problem with me asking and wondering about why I am getting these touches and no sign of NOA2...then why are you commenting on my post? I HAVE THE RIGHT to ask and comment on this forum just like anyone else does. Why would I wonder if I got touches on Xmas Eve and Xmas? Because the offices are supposed to be closed and I am anticipating my NOA2 so any touches make me wonder what they are doing to my file? And why the hell would I be showing off about the touches???????? Touches don't mean anything unless they are because of an RFE or NOA2, so there is no reason to show off, rather it is torture to see these updates and yet no results in terms of NOA2. BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE SO APATHETIC BECAUSE...hmmmm...LET'S SEE, maybe because YOUR I-129F WAS APPROVED IN 100 DAYS????? OR IS IT BECAUSE IT JUST TOOK A MONTH LONGER THAN WHERE I AM NOW FOR YOUR K-1 TO BE APPROVED???? OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE AOS APPROVED AND YOU THINK YOU ARE SO HIGH AND MIGHTY THAT IT SEEMS STUPID TO YOU THAT SOMEONE IS STILL STUCK AT THE USCIS STAGE?????

I don't appreciate your comments and if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all!

-MARM

*yawn*

pants.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

yes, but it was touched yesterday just around their closing time 12/24/2008 and today in the afternoon when I checked the website, it was updated again with today's date!

I don't know what to think...I mean should I contact NVC and ask if they have record of my file...maybe I got approved and I didn't get an email/online update?

I don't know :unsure:

Very possible. The online was never updated in our case and we never received an email despite having signed up for that service. The first we knew of the approval was geeting the NOA2 in the mail (see our timeline).

Timeline
*yawn*

pants.

This is the big boys part of the forum, where people talk about things that are important to them or ask for real advice, not the off topic forum, which is where your moronic response would have been appropriate, especially if it was a response to a news thread about some tragic event, please, in this section of the forum, use complete sentences so that we can all see how smart you are and can clap our hands when you dazzle us with your genius...

For those who don't understand why being touched so many times is annoying, it's simple, you get a touch and it's exciting, you're probably going to get a NOA2, finally the long wait might be over... and then after a few days and nothing... well that sucks... and then hey wait, another touch!!!! Finally this could be it... and you are hopeful again for a few days, but eventually that kind of thing will just wear you down, do that a few more times and you are going to be a stressed out dissappointed mess. Not everyone has to deal with the same things during the k-1 process, and those who went through it years ago probably don't remember it the same as when they were in the middle of it experiencing it.

BTW, I think this will finally be your week MARM, getting that NOA2 will be a load off your mind.

U uzed bigg werdz. Me no undurstand.

My point, cretin, was that there is no need to post all of these "ZOMG! WHY? WHY?" posts about getting touched on a weekend, on a holiday, on a full moon, on an Elbonian holy day. In what way does it matter the SLIGHTEST bit WHY the file was touched? It seems more like a way to say "We got touched!". Fine. Post and say that you were touched, as well as put it in your timeline (which is WAY OTT, IMO). There's no reason to solicit cheering and well-wishes by posting unanswerable questions.

Yes, I went through the K1 process a couple of years ago. Yes we got our NOA2 in 100 days. I guess that means we're "uppity" because we've already gone through it. (I don't understand that accusation at ALL) Do you see all of our touches listed in our timeline? No, you don't. To be honest, I checked once per week or sometimes every 2 weeks. There's no reason to spend my life on pause waiting for some shuffling of paperwork. I worked on getting things ready for Mags to come and Mags worked on getting everything packed and her house sold. Obssessing really only makes it worse.

*yawn*

pants.

This is the big boys part of the forum, where people talk about things that are important to them or ask for real advice, not the off topic forum, which is where your moronic response would have been appropriate, especially if it was a response to a news thread about some tragic event, please, in this section of the forum, use complete sentences so that we can all see how smart you are and can clap our hands when you dazzle us with your genius...

For those who don't understand why being touched so many times is annoying, it's simple, you get a touch and it's exciting, you're probably going to get a NOA2, finally the long wait might be over... and then after a few days and nothing... well that sucks... and then hey wait, another touch!!!! Finally this could be it... and you are hopeful again for a few days, but eventually that kind of thing will just wear you down, do that a few more times and you are going to be a stressed out dissappointed mess. Not everyone has to deal with the same things during the k-1 process, and those who went through it years ago probably don't remember it the same as when they were in the middle of it experiencing it.

BTW, I think this will finally be your week MARM, getting that NOA2 will be a load off your mind.

Timeline

Good Luck Marm I like the flower you have posted Happy New Year.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Good Luck Marm I like the flower you have posted Happy New Year.

Thank you! Best wishes from me for a wonderful New Year with your loved one! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yes, the blue rose is quite fascinating, I agree :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
OK so I got another touch...this is ridiculous..touched on a SUNDAY???!!!!!

Aren't they closed on Sunday?

Last date updated: 12/21/08

What the heck????

Anyone know if CSC is even open on Sunday? Last time I checked, they were not open on Sunday!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I received a touch on a sunday after our approval.

I believe it was just the system updating becuase the case was being sent to NVC.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.