Tree

Do they usually hand back the affidavit of support papers after the interview?

5 posts in this topic

At the conclusion of my husbands interview the CO gave my husband back both my and my mothers affidavit of support papers? Do they normally do that?

And does anyone know what they check for on Administrative processing? Do they check credit history or just background check?

At the conclusion of my husbands interview the CO gave my husband back both my and my mothers affidavit of support papers? Do they normally do that?

And does anyone know what they check for on Administrative processing? Do they check credit history or just background check?

Unless things are different in Pakistan it's NOT normal to give back AOSs. Definitely NOT a good sign. He should have got a 221g or some kind of explanation if denied or on AP.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Unless things are different in Pakistan it's NOT normal to give back AOSs. Definitely NOT a good sign. He should have got a 221g or some kind of explanation if denied or on AP.

well we got a blue paper

but it doesn't say 221g on it anywhere, no document number

just lists our cases # and says admin processing, but no 221 g on the paper so I have no idea!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I were put on AP and they didn't take our AOS papers either, but he has been called back to the embassy and has his second interview this Monday, so I am sure everything will work out okay.

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My husband and I were put on AP and they didn't take our AOS papers either, but he has been called back to the embassy and has his second interview this Monday, so I am sure everything will work out okay.

Nobody knows whether everything will work out ok but since the I-134 isn't binding or required by most Consulates to begin with, it isn't all that unusual to give it back or not even ask for financials to begin with. AP is something to be expected in that part of the world, does not include checking the US Citizen's credit but can include any background or security check up to and including the most complicated and time consuming ones.

In and of itself, I wouldn't take the give back for having much meaning. Without full details of the case and interview, I wouldn't venture to speculate further. If the blue slip had no other details except to notify you there would be additional Administrative Processing, there's no real clue there either.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.