Eshansmommy

International Birthcertificate not accepted?!?!

21 posts in this topic

Should I send it with a private carrier (signature required)?USPS Priority works very well.

And should I attach the RFE letter to my translation and b.c.? Or would a cover letter or note be enough?Yes attach the original RFE letter (keep a copy for your records) along with any documents. Be sure to address the envelope the way the letter instructs.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh, how annoying!

I only sent the international birth certificate and they accepted it without problems. this stuff is SOOOO RANDOM!!!!!

(other than that they never even asked for our Marriage Cert, Birth Certs, Employer letters or ANYTHING during AOS. (But they gave me hell because I already had a student visa and they thought that my student visa was fraud in hindsight......).

Good luck, and I'm so sorry about this stuff!!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I have a question can you translate certificate yourself or can you translate it by yourself and you can ask somebody alse to sign it?? The other question is when they get translated do you have to nautorize it???

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Best to attach a copy of the RFE letter. Makes it a bit easier for the clerical person who will be opening your mail. Worth using certified/registered mail rather than ordinary postage.

I have a question can you translate certificate yourself or can you translate it by yourself and you can ask somebody alse to sign it?? The other question is when they get translated do you have to nautorize it???

Thank you!

As far as I know, you cannot translate it yourself but any other person that is fluent in English can translate it and sign it (with name, address, date). It doesn't have to be notorized (sp?). Somebody wrote in here that you can translate it and sign it yourself, but I'm not sure about that. You can always translate it yourself and have someone else who is fluent as well sign it (they may contact him), which is technically not correct, but it's an option.

My timeline:

11-20-2008: AOS (I-485 & I-130) Package sent.

11-24-2008: Package received at 1.36pm and signed by JCHYBA.

12-04-2008: AOS Check was cashed!

12-05-2008: I-130 Money Order was cashed!

12-08-2008: Received my 3 NOA's and letter for biometrics

12-19-2008: Received RFE and another letter for biometrics

12-22-2008: Sent response to RFE back

12-26-2008: Biometrics appointment! -canceled due to holidays-

01-02-2009: Response to RFE received and case is resumed

01-13-2009: Second biometrics appointment - DONE YAY!

01-26-2009: APPROVAL of EAD!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: Received EAD card in mail and applied for SSN - Picked up SSN day after!

02-06-2009: Passed written test, got driver's permit!

02-10-2009: Received my SSC

03-20-2009: Interview! - RFE

04-14-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-02-2009: Received our 3rd RFE.

05-11-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-27-2009: Received green card YAY Thank you God

04-04-2011: Sent in I-751 Removal of conditions

07-08-2011: Approved!

07-14-2011: Received Permanent Resident Card! WHOOOOO HOOOO we are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.