8 posts in this topic

I know I've seen this asked before, but I can't find it so I'm going to ask again...please excuse the repeat. :)

I am the USC and we currently have an AOS/EAD/AP application out for my husband. Our plan was that in a year or so I would be a stay-at-home wife/mom and he would work. Some work things have come up and there's a possibility that I won't be working after the end of January (the department I work for is being cut in half). Hopefully my husband will have his EAD around then or soon afterwords. We have enough savings to cover us if neither are working for a couple of months, but that poses a problem with the financial sponsorship. So my question is twofold...

1. Will we have to prove income at the interview? I already turned in the sponsorship with our packet and my income was well above the limits. If that is the only time we have to prove income then I don't have to worry.

2. If I do end up laid off, do I need to submit a new affidavit with a co-sponsor? Or, if we decide to just go with me staying at home in January/February and he has a job, does his income count towards the household income so I can still be the sponsor?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1. I-864 tends to be considered to be valid at the time it is submitted.

2. See my answer for 1.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

So I won't have to prove income again? That's a relief! Yay! :) I'll stop worrying so much about it. That was my biggest concern about the possible unemployment. Do you know if there are any repercussions to me filing for unemployment?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
So I won't have to prove income again? That's a relief! Yay! :) I'll stop worrying so much about it. That was my biggest concern about the possible unemployment. Do you know if there are any repercussions to me filing for unemployment?

Unemployment is NOT a means tested benefit, it is paid out of an insurance program that your employer paid into, and you would be collecting it not your spouse.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

IO at our interview carefully added up my income from the previous year income. Didn't ask about current income.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

IO at our interview took, checked, and kept current pay stubs. (August 2008)

They are on the list of things to bring to the interview on the interview letter.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

In that case...does anyone know if his income can count towards household income?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

This might not answer your question but I thought it might help a little.

During our interview, we were NOT asked to show pay stubs, although we had them, I changed my job during the AOS process, when I mentioned that to IO, he sad it was not important. However he looked at and kept letter from my employer, stating position, dates of employment and current pay rate.

Good luck

I-751

01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC

N-400

03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.