leapoffaith

vaccination document for AoS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am on K1 visa. After marriage, I need to file papers for AoS. I read that I need to only provide the vaccination document prepared by the panel doctor

which I have already submitted with the local Consulate back home. How could I provide that document again ? I do have a xerox copy but its not v clear.

Pls advice !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You should get a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon, and include that with your application

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

AOS Guide

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
You should get a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon, and include that with your application

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

AOS Guide

Saludos,

Caro

OK ! Is I-693A the same document which was provided by me in a sealed envelope by the panel doctor stiputed for k1 interview ?

I just have a xerox of that and its not v clear. Was it mandatory for the doctor to provide the xerox copy ?

AOS Guide

Saludos,

Caro

OK ! Is I-693A the same document which was provided by me in a sealed envelope by the panel doctor stiputed for k1 interview ?

I just have a xerox of that and its not v clear. Was it mandatory for the doctor to provide the xerox copy ?

I-693a is no longer vald. You must submit the I-693 now.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mandatory, probably not. Your copy from the panel doctor may be several forms. Most receive the 3025 and yes, they are usually photocopied forms. I-485 instructions state that a K-1 visa holder who has had overseas medical examination within the past year are exempt from filling out the I-693 in whole. They are only required to fill sec. 1 and have a CS fill sec. 2 - vaccination and Tb skin test results (the latter is disputed as K-1's receive chest x-ray) - and Sec. 5 - signed by a CS. The rest is omitted since you had a medical exam within the past year.

When and if you go to the CS, bring other forms of proof of immunization (even doctors notes from home country will work). This will substantiate the photocopied form you received from the panel doctor, further convincing the CS that you are immunized (prevents them wanting to further test you for immunity). It's all about money to most of them!

-Evan

Edited by mary'n'ev

--------------------

K-1

03-25-2008 - Filed I-129f

03-28-2008 - NOA1

07-31-2008 - NOA2 (no touches)

09-30-2008 - Packet 3 sent

10-10-2008 - Packet 4 received

10-29-2008 - Interview in Vancouver

AOS

12-16-2008 - I - 485 Package arrived in Chicago (signed by V. Bustamonte)

12-19-2008 - Check Cashed

12-19-2008 - NOA1 Date

01-07-2008 - Biometrics Appointment

03-06-2009 - EAD Card Received

03-13-2009 - AP Received

04-27-2009 - Welcome Letter Received

05-02-2009 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.