Amby

muslim woman jailed for wearing headscarf in court

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Why are you sighing at me in all caps... ?

Because you said "i figured from the title that it was another woman who got in trouble for wearing her head scarf in Turkey or someplace..." and then "i didn't realize till i saw the story in the paper this morning that it was happening in the US!" Putting these two together, I understood you to mean "I thought it was a story about a woman getting thrown in jail for wearing a headscarf in Turkey or someplace, until I realized it was a woman being thrown in jail for wearing a headscarf in the US." If I misunderstood you, my apologies.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why are you sighing at me in all caps... ?

Because you said "i figured from the title that it was another woman who got in trouble for wearing her head scarf in Turkey or someplace..." and then "i didn't realize till i saw the story in the paper this morning that it was happening in the US!" Putting these two together, I understood you to mean "I thought it was a story about a woman getting thrown in jail for wearing a headscarf in Turkey or someplace, until I realized it was a woman being thrown in jail for wearing a headscarf in the US." If I misunderstood you, my apologies.

it's okay...

peace be with you...

want some Moroccan tea? :star::star:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
want some Moroccan tea? :star::star: [/font][/color]

I *love* Moroccan tea. :) I also *love* Arabic coffee. (I lived in Saudi for 9 months and lived on the stuff! :) )

B)

morocanmint.jpg

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This seems to be an extension of separating "church and state." In other words, someone's religious beliefs is not a qualified excuse to contest legal situations. If people want religion to have a serious say in court actions, then perhaps this should all be changed. You'd probably enrage far more Americans by suggesting that than having a select few experience problems due to religion.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Bottom Line he was wrong on isisting it be removed!! Because its a strong SYmbol that was given a strong message. Devoid of how the sister acted. Judges are held o higher societal standards. If not they need tossed of thier benches!!

judges rule on basis of determined integrity. if a judge can't see your face when questioning you, his judgement is impaired. that fact aside...

religion or not, facial coverings are not appropriate in courtrooms, especially when worn by fat women with big mouths. if a woman wants the covering of hajib, she should first respect it in her demeanor and the care she takes for herself. pick and choose is no good in islam. too many people are claiming islam only to use it for their purpose, rather than serve it. we will take them as seriously as they deserve.

"Oh, i just invented a religion that requires me to wear a ski mask. the judge needs to RESPECT me for it!'

same level of credibility.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
This seems to be an extension of separating "church and state." In other words, someone's religious beliefs is not a qualified excuse to contest legal situations. If people want religion to have a serious say in court actions, then perhaps this should all be changed. You'd probably enrage far more Americans by suggesting that than having a select few experience problems due to religion.

Why do witnesses swear on a bible to tell the truth before testifying if there's such a huge separation of church and state?

Bottom Line he was wrong on isisting it be removed!! Because its a strong SYmbol that was given a strong message. Devoid of how the sister acted. Judges are held o higher societal standards. If not they need tossed of thier benches!!

judges rule on basis of determined integrity. if a judge can't see your face when questioning you, his judgement is impaired. that fact aside...

religion or not, facial coverings are not appropriate in courtrooms, especially when worn by fat women with big mouths. if a woman wants the covering of hajib, she should first respect it in her demeanor and the care she takes for herself. pick and choose is no good in islam. too many people are claiming islam only to use it for their purpose, rather than serve it. we will take them as seriously as they deserve.

"Oh, i just invented a religion that requires me to wear a ski mask. the judge needs to RESPECT me for it!'

same level of credibility.

She was wearing hijab, not niqab.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Why do witnesses swear on a bible to tell the truth before testifying if there's such a huge separation of church and state?

Perhaps it has something to do with the idea that many people are less likely to lie or twist the truth if they have to swear upon a bible (or some other religious document) versus obeying the written laws of that country. I might also be a holdover from a previous time, in which religion had a greater say in our day-to-day operations.