The_Dude

A little concerned...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We received a letter from the NVC on November 20th saying that our application was being sent to the embassy (Montreal).

It has been almost a month now, and I still haven't received my package 3 from them.

What should I do????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Call DOS Visa services and see if P3 has been sent.

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can call the NVC and ask them when your packet left the NVC - like specifically what day. The last time I emailed Montreal they told me that they had a 2 week mail delay. So, I have a feeling they are just delayed.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

OK, I called the NVC and was told that our packet was forwarded to Montreal on Nov. 5, and that I should call the Montreal Embassy to inquire about the status. I called the number to the embassy, and all I get are more and more layers of menus until I get to a message saying that they no longer offer live operator assistance and that I should email them to inquire. Does anyone know a phone number at the embassy that I could call to talk to someone about this? I called (514) 398-9695

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, I called the NVC and was told that our packet was forwarded to Montreal on Nov. 5, and that I should call the Montreal Embassy to inquire about the status. I called the number to the embassy, and all I get are more and more layers of menus until I get to a message saying that they no longer offer live operator assistance and that I should email them to inquire. Does anyone know a phone number at the embassy that I could call to talk to someone about this? I called (514) 398-9695

They no longer take phone calls and haven't for some time. You will need to email them.

Be sure to include your Case # in the subject.

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

Timeline

Yeah, I did that yesterday, and they send you back this auto-response that is basically an FAQ, along with the following notation:

Thank you for your inquiry. After analyzing the large number of incoming emails (we average more than 1,000 every month), we are providing this automatic response to answer the most frequently asked questions. If this response does not answer your question, please be patient for a specific response, hopefully within 4 to 5 business days If your question can be answered by the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below, our office will consider that your question has been satisfactorily answered.

I was really just hoping that someone here knew of some way to get through. I hate emails, and I hate automated phone systems even more. It just seems a long time to wait for package 3 to arrive. It arrived in Montreal on Nov. 5, and it is now December 18.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, I did that yesterday, and they send you back this auto-response that is basically an FAQ, along with the following notation:

Thank you for your inquiry. After analyzing the large number of incoming emails (we average more than 1,000 every month), we are providing this automatic response to answer the most frequently asked questions. If this response does not answer your question, please be patient for a specific response, hopefully within 4 to 5 business days If your question can be answered by the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below, our office will consider that your question has been satisfactorily answered.

I was really just hoping that someone here knew of some way to get through. I hate emails, and I hate automated phone systems even more. It just seems a long time to wait for package 3 to arrive. It arrived in Montreal on Nov. 5, and it is now December 18.

Did you call Department of State Visa services - as Yu and Dan suggested above?

Oh and everyone gets that auto response, they will answer you...eventually.

Timeline

Yes, I called the number that was in the link that YuandDan posted. They told me that the package was approved and forwarded to the Montreal embassy and that I should contact them for further status checks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Try this number:

202-663-1225

press 1 then 0

I believe that is the number that gets you through to someone at Montreal. I've never tried it... but I've read about it on here.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I was unable to get a live person on the phone to discuss the status of our visa. However, I did email the listed email address on the website and finally got a response. It's a bit vague, and i'm not entirely sure what it means. I'm leaning towards "We accidentally mailed your package 3 to the wrong address".

Here is the email response I got from them after my initial inquiry:

The fiancee packet was indeed mailed to her November 7, 2008. Please confirm her address.

Thank you

IV Unit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm in the same boat. Did calling that number do any good? It seems clear the consulate is no longer taking calls

I was unable to get a live person on the phone to discuss the status of our visa. However, I did email the listed email address on the website and finally got a response. It's a bit vague, and i'm not entirely sure what it means. I'm leaning towards "We accidentally mailed your package 3 to the wrong address".

Here is the email response I got from them after my initial inquiry:

The fiancee packet was indeed mailed to her November 7, 2008. Please confirm her address.

Thank you

IV Unit

Timeline

Actually, I was not able to get anyone on the phone that knew anything about the status of the visa once it was mailed to Montreal. The best i've recieved is information by email from the address that Trailmix gave. It is on the conulate website somewhere as well.

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

And remember to put your case number in the Title of the email. It took about 2 days to get a response from them.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Will do. Thanks!

JSR

Actually, I was not able to get anyone on the phone that knew anything about the status of the visa once it was mailed to Montreal. The best i've recieved is information by email from the address that Trailmix gave. It is on the conulate website somewhere as well.

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

And remember to put your case number in the Title of the email. It took about 2 days to get a response from them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Try this number:

202-663-1225

press 1 then 0

I believe that is the number that gets you through to someone at Montreal. I've never tried it... but I've read about it on here.

Just so everyone knows though, the above number is the number for DoS in New York, not the Montreal Consulate :)

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.