Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohhhh i checked our bank account today and saw a charge from Victoria Secret on hubby's account :( Bah.. wish I hadn't gone snooping this am .. boo wrecked the surprise :(

Awww that sucks!! Well you don't know what he got, maybe some sexy lingerie or bath stuff or perfume!! You'll still be surprised hopefully. That's what sucks about joint bank acc, can't really have many surprises

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Ohhhh i checked our bank account today and saw a charge from Victoria Secret on hubby's account :( Bah.. wish I hadn't gone snooping this am .. boo wrecked the surprise :(

Awww that sucks!! Well you don't know what he got, maybe some sexy lingerie or bath stuff or perfume!! You'll still be surprised hopefully. That's what sucks about joint bank acc, can't really have many surprises

It was an even $$ amount so I'm pretty sure it's a GC :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

:lol:

So I stop by the grocery store because I had to pick up cards for my son and Mike and get them something sweet. Hahahaha you should have seen the card section! Sooo many people shuffling through cards, I couldn't but say: "Don't you all just HATE valentines?" and they all started laughing and agreed.

Ahh life is funny.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

just a random post about nothing, but might be neat to someone. going thru some old stuff at my house, i found a copy of my great grandmother's naturalization paper. lol dunno where my grandmother's is since she was born in england too.

post-40671-1234565846_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
just a random post about nothing, but might be neat to someone. going thru some old stuff at my house, i found a copy of my great grandmother's naturalization paper. lol dunno where my grandmother's is since she was born in england too.

post-40671-1234565846_thumb.jpg

That is so cool!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so I broke down and asked my hubby which basketball game he would want to go to and he picked the Sacremento Kings.. he said he would rather see a game where the teams are more evenly matched..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Happy Valentine's everyone!! Gone for a festive hike!! Enjoy the day!! (L)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Hey guys! So I stayed up until midnight lastnight waiting to see if my MIL got that gift and I guess the facebook gods answered my prayers! It didn't show up on her wall this morning! YAY! No one replied to me so I was kind of nervous... but now I have no worries! WEEEE!

Oh ya happy Valentines! Still don't know where I am going tonight, still a surprise. All I know is that I have to dress up so its a fancy restaurant... ooo la la. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Hey guys! So I stayed up until midnight lastnight waiting to see if my MIL got that gift and I guess the facebook gods answered my prayers! It didn't show up on her wall this morning! YAY! No one replied to me so I was kind of nervous... but now I have no worries! WEEEE!

Oh ya happy Valentines! Still don't know where I am going tonight, still a surprise. All I know is that I have to dress up so its a fancy restaurant... ooo la la. :P

:lol: That's funny! At least she didn't get it.

Have a nice dinner tonight!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I ask my hubby last night if he is getting me anything for Valentine's DAy and he says "well, I am taking you out for a nice dinner" :P and I am thinking, "yeah a dinner that was my idea" :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Joe and I exchanged cards and 'candy' for Valentine's Day, then had a big argument about the outside cats hanging around. :( He has no solutions except to criticize me for feeding the starving mother cat when she showed up last summer and everything I propose is a no go. I am really at the ends of any possible options now about this and all we seem to do is argue because he doesn't want the outside cats hanging around and I can't find alternative homes or places for them. We are up against a brick wall. :(

Anyway, we went out to look at a cedar chest I found at an Antique fair yesterday because we have so little storage in this house and I need a place to put linens. Of course, today I couldn't find the dealer - we walked all over two huge buildings and where I am sure he was - well, I can't find anything remotely like what I saw yesterday. :( So, we ended up going back to an import store that Joe likes to measure a desk secretary he has wanted for a while even though we have no room for it. They had a rather ornate cedar trunk there with the bottom in cedar only but a much better price than the antique one. He sort of bribed me by saying we would get both the desk secretary and the cedar trunk and get both delivered for one fee. So - that is what we did.

I still feel in a bad mood because of the argument but pleased about the cedar chest - and we will work out something about the desk secretary - he at least agrees that something else has to go and has some ideas for 'his' two computer rooms that might work.

Does anyone want a cat? Please? I think I will be borrowing or renting a trap and taking the ferals to a low cost spay neuter clinic about an hour's drive away - not something to look forward to but at least it will stop them having more kittens. Still need to find what to do with them after that - 2 of them are highly adoptable right now, 2 possibly later and the rest probably never:(. I think I will also go knocking on the more than 50 possible houses in the neighbourhood where the two offending unneutered pets live and see if I can find their owners and get them to take some sort of action as well. They just keep making more and more kittens and abandoning them instead of neutering their pets.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Glad you at least found a chest after all that walking and looking for the dealer.

It sucks that ppl don't take care of their outside cats, they still need to be cared for. I really dont think ppl care sometimes they have the notion that since the cat gets fed or let in every now and then thats all they need to do.

When I had my 4 cats 3 females one male I couldnt afford to get them all fixed at the same time so i never let em out and had the male fixed first after that it was just 3 famales to get spayed and it took awhile but they all got done and not one had a kittens.

It really doesnt take much to prevent it, its just ppl could care less they probably wouldnt even notice if they got picked up and never returned. Or when they did notice they probably just go get another and do the same.

Maybe when you take em in to be fixed you can send them the bill for your time.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

So we went to a really good Japanese restaurant in Collingswood called Sagami, best Japanese food I have EVER had - very delicious and authentic. Then we came home and he had a bottle of wine on ice and fruit and cheese tray waiting and some gingerale for Ethan. :lol: Too cute.

Ethan went to the inlaws so we had a nice dinner alone. Now we're going to rent a movie off of comcast and just have our wine and cheese.

Also got some chocolates and we a card. Very nice valentines for sure. <3

Kathryn, if I wasn't allergic I would totally take one, I love cats soo much! I used to do that back home, feed wandering cats. Its hard not to, you see an animal that is in need of food and its hard to turn a blind eye and just forget about it. I hope you find a good home for them though.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

And people say Americans are stupid? :lol: This entire thread is teh lulz

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...78474&st=30

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.