Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Whoops. For some reason I thought today would be Wednesday and that Carla would still be here. Oh well. Have a safe drive, Carla, even though you won't see this. :blush:

coffee20poster.jpg

I used to cross the Port Huron/Sarnia route pretty regularly myself - whenever the ferries at Sombra/Marine City and Walpole Island/Algonac weren't running because of ice. It was a bit longer way and I hated going through Sarnia but I never had a problem with the border guards there. I always travelled with a packet of evidence showing my ties to Canada after the first time I was stopped and asked to prove I wasn't living in the US (I was crossing 2 to 3 times a week in the early part of a cross-border relationship). Port Huron was actually our POE when we activated my K-1. Sorry you are having trouble there - when the ice breaks up in the river and the drive isn't out of your way you might like to try one of the two ferries - I always found the rides over and back enjoyable and the border guards did get to know me there and were pretty decent to deal with (until the snarky new female refused to process my K-1 even after I personally visited the border the week before to ask if they would and was assured they did).

Wow. I hate unnecessary snarkiness. People are strange.

Good morning everyone! Very chilly here. post-21394-1232626515.gif

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

morning all... my workout video kicked me butt today.. aren't they supposed to energize you? I feel like going back to bed :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Stretch E, stretch!! Slow and gentle. Breathe... :D

May I ask a silly/stupid question?

Why does England have three names and does any other country have more than one name?

(England, Britain, the U.K.)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Well the United Kingdom/Britain refers to England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. England is just well... England.

It gets confusing.

Thanks Sprailenes.

I am listening to The Current on CBC radio and they are asking CDNs would they put up with a 150 billion dollar party to welcome the next leader of the country.

The answers?

Emphatic NOs!!!

Hahaha!

In times such as this to be so irresponsible and arrogant would not be acceptable.

The comments have been interesting.

Oh and they had some really funny and really "right on" fake ads that made fun of some current events.

I would need to find you the link if anyone is interested.

:thumbs:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I couldn't grasp the situation and the glitz and glamour of welcoming a leader and I told my husband that I thought it was silly. He said: "Well this is how we do it in America..."

Oh sorry, that completely justifies it right? :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I couldn't grasp the situation and the glitz and glamour of welcoming a leader and I told my husband that I thought it was silly. He said: "Well this is how we do it in America..."

It seemed like a wedding to me.

Thanks for the cartoon coffee krikit (nothing like carla's) <_<

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

haha that's what my husband says too about alot of things that I note to him. He'll go "well, you're in America now, this is how it is here!" It's so odd, you just feel the patriotism oozing out of people when they say "AMERICA!!" Canadians love their country too, we're just more, ahem, quiet about it!

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

haha that's what my husband says too about alot of things that I note to him. He'll go "well, you're in America now, this is how it is here!" It's so odd, you just feel the patriotism oozing out of people when they say "AMERICA!!" Canadians love their country too, we're just more, ahem, quiet about it!

Yea but if it were McCain getting in and they had this huge party my husband would probably say: "What's the big deal?"

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Well the United Kingdom/Britain refers to England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland. England is just well... England.

Yes, it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain encompasses the countries of England, Wales, and Scotland. And "The UK" refers to England, Wales, Scotland and N Ireland. And England refers to England.

But it was a wedding t-mixy! It was the marriage of a leader to this wonderful nation! *wipes tear*

:P

That's funny. When they were having the first dance at the neighbourhood ball I said to my husband that it's like a wedding..... including the white gown.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain encompasses the countries of England, Wales, and Scotland. And "The UK" refers to England, Wales, Scotland and N Ireland. And England refers to England.

But it was a wedding t-mixy! It was the marriage of a leader to this wonderful nation! *wipes tear*

That's funny. When they were having the first dance at the neighbourhood ball I said to my husband that it's like a wedding..... including the white gown.

I said the same thing at that time!! The white gown part didn't click.

Timeline

I said the same thing at that time!! The white gown part didn't click.

I'd like Beyonce serenading ME at my wedding!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.