nvdltasig

I-130 Receipt Notice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I received the I-797C, Notice of Action from the USCIS for my I-130 submission. Can I file my I-129F packet now, or do I need to wait for a second letter notifying me that my I-130 has been transferred to the California Service Center?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The receipt notice should tell you that the I-130 is being transfered to VSC or CSC and address of the center, you can file the I-129F to the center indicated on the I-130 NOA1, and atach a copy of NOA1 letter to the I-129F.

HOWEVER

If considering K-3 think carefully about it. CR-1 and K-3 tend to take about the same time, K-3 may save you about a month, however the K-3 has the added pain of adjustment of status, and it NOT a work authorized visa, so also has the added period of limbo waiting for EAD to be able to do things like take a job, get SSN, etc...

For the most part CR-1 tends to take a bit longer than K-3 to get if you prepare for NVC when they request I-864 fee, and Visa fee, as well as documents requested by NVC. In many cases the CR-1 petition reaches the consulate just before K-3 interview, which causes K-3 to get dropped and the interview becomes a CR-1 visa interview.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC has greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=58945

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My wife and I are in the same boat. I heard of the CR1 after we had sent the I130 form in. On the cover letter I stated that it was for intent to continue with the I129 for k3 visa. Because it's the same process up to this point for the K3 and CR1 can I change directions and go with the CR1 and if so do I need to FWD the USCIS anything letting them know? Thanks.

USCIS

12/03/2008...Sent I-130 form

12/04/2008...Papers reached Chicago LockBox (1Day)

12/11/2008...NOA1 (7days)

12/22/2008...NOA1 hard copy received (11 days ~ Heavy Snowfall Delayed Mail)

03/14/2009...NOA2 (92 days from NOA1)

03/24/2009...NOA2 Hard copy received (No touches or web approval)

NVC

04/06/2009...Received by NVC (23 days from NOA2)

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
My wife and I are in the same boat. I heard of the CR1 after we had sent the I130 form in. On the cover letter I stated that it was for intent to continue with the I129 for k3 visa. Because it's the same process up to this point for the K3 and CR1 can I change directions and go with the CR1 and if so do I need to FWD the USCIS anything letting them know? Thanks.
Making that notation "Intent to do K-3" MAY get the I-130 held back by USCIS and the I-129F forwarded to NVC for K-3 when approved.

Wait for NOA2 for I-130 and I-129F and see, then contact NVC about 2 weeks later to see if I-130 got sent to NVC, if so then ask them to send you the I-864 packet, and keep the CR-1 process moving through NVC.

If I-130 is NOT sent on to NVC, you can file an I-824 t USCIS requesting counselor processing of the I-130.

IF the two petitions run their course, and it looks like CR-1 may catch up to K-3, you may contact DOS and/or consulate and request K-3 interview to be postponed, and when CR-1 gets sent to consulate, then contact DOS and/or consulate and request the K-3 interview be changed to CR-1.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You can file the packet now if K3 is the path that you are choosing. You only need to send in the I-130 NOA1 as proof you filed the I130.

I received the I-797C, Notice of Action from the USCIS for my I-130 submission. Can I file my I-129F packet now, or do I need to wait for a second letter notifying me that my I-130 has been transferred to the California Service Center?

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.