no name

Rasmussen Poll

147 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You can't get impeached or arrested for nothing.....! :wacko:

He's not just trying to accept 'donations'...he's withholding aid & trying to sell O's seat! Abuse of power?

http://www.wgntv.com/landing_blagojevich/?...amp;feedID=2139

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-hou...0,2988757.story

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2060111...id=aaQuYpjzhnn4

Blagojevich, 52, is facing corruption and fraud charges after engaging in what U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald last week described as "a political corruption crime spree." Arrested along with Blagojevich was his chief of staff, John Harris, who has since resigned, said Lucio Guerrero, a governor's spokesman.

Fitzgerald accused Blagojevich last week of threatening to withhold state funds from a children's hospital unless an executive made a $50,000 campaign contribution. Fitzgerald also said Blagojevich tried to put Obama's seat up for bid in return for personal gain.

The governor directed aides to tell the Tribune Co. that the company, which also owns the Chicago Cubs baseball team, would lose any chance of state help in selling the Cubs' home stadium of Wrigley Field unless writers of critical editorials were fired, Fitzgerald's office said in court documents. The Chicago-based company sought bankruptcy court protection from creditors on Dec. 8.

Madigan, who has led the Illinois House for 22 of the past 25 years and has clashed with the governor, said he's been reviewing grounds for impeachment for about a year.

Edited by illumine

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't been impeached and you CAN be arrested for nothing.

You're right Mark - he's not been impeached (yet). I'm sure that impeachment panel is just assembling for some holiday kicks. Probablyt the same reason the Illinois House voted 113-0 to start the process.

Did you even read the criminal complaint?

Edited by illumine

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You're right Mark - he's not been impeached (yet). I'm sure that impeachment panel is just assembling for some holiday kicks. Probablyt the same reason the Illinois House voted 113-0 to start the process.

All I'm saying is their case is far from airtight. We'll see how it plays out.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

All I'm saying is their case is far from airtight. We'll see how it plays out.

So I take that as a no? I'm just asking because plenty of people have waxed poetic in this thread without any real facts behind it.

Timeline
So I take that as a no? I'm just asking because plenty of people have waxed poetic in this thread without any real facts behind it.

That's a no - I haven't read the criminal complaint.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

So is it that the case is not airtight (in your opinion) if you don't even what the charges are? :blink:

Timeline

So is it that the case is not airtight (in your opinion) if you don't even what the charges are? :blink:

That's why we have you - to shine the light of your divine grace, truth and reason out into the world

and impart your wisdom on our ignorant minds.

As for the rest of us, we don't need real facts to wax lyrical. :jest:

That's why we have you - to shine the light of your divine grace, truth and reason out into the world

and impart your wisdom on our ignorant minds.

As for the rest of us, we don't need real facts to wax lyrical. :jest:

oh, Mark. You (& your ignorance) really do bring so much into this thread. I love VJ!

Edited by illumine