Dr. Obvious

OK, seriously, you named your kid(s) what??!!

124 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
OMG MOX! It's my middle name too, but with a slight differentiation. "Violent City" is mine. Jen Violent City XXX

It doesn't surprise me. "Violent City" and "Violence in Cities" are very common middle names. Every time I sign in to a hotel, they look at my signature and just kinda roll their eyes, like "yeah right buddy, like I've never seen THAT name about a million times just tonight!"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ie next time I drive my Iowa car and NJ maybe be more leniant , or Illinois DOT has a soft spot for out of staters./visitors...LOL

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Unfortunately, we can't name any kid "Adolfo" or any variation. German government probably wouldn't allow it. Heck, they might not allow Hänsel & Gretl!

As far as I understand it, if you had your child in Germany, they have a book of 'approved' names that the Standesamt would use to judge a name's acceptablity. If you wanted to use another non-offensive name that wasn't in the book, you would have to prove that it existed elsewhere in the world as a name. The burden of proof is pretty low. I read that some people used birth announcements in foreign newspapers, for example. It would then be added to the book.

Timeline

We no longer communicate like we use to , when I get my AOS im leaving and filing a VAWA

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We're pretty sure my husband's grandmother has Jewish roots, but there are no longer any records....suspiciously missing records. (cue Twilight Zone music here)

Unfortunately, we can't name any kid "Adolfo" or any variation. German government probably wouldn't allow it. Heck, they might not allow Hänsel & Gretl!

Hmmmm...

OMG MOX! It's my middle name too, but with a slight differentiation. "Violent City" is mine. Jen Violent City XXX

It doesn't surprise me. "Violent City" and "Violence in Cities" are very common middle names. Every time I sign in to a hotel, they look at my signature and just kinda roll their eyes, like "yeah right buddy, like I've never seen THAT name about a million times just tonight!"

I've ordered pizza from Little Caesars before as "Fidel Castro."

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

I used to always give my name as "Leonard Nimoy" when making reservations for dinner or if I had to give a name to wait for a table. It was funny to watch people crane their necks around when my name was announced.

Ugghhh... do you also do the Bilbo Baggins song?

Timeline
Ugghhh... do you also do the Bilbo Baggins song?

Ha!! No, but it's probably damning enough that I get the reference. :)

:lol:

Timeline

that reminds of WHy is it some people when upset yell and say to you esp in ER dept "do you know who I am"?? I just want to say friend of the drunk guy bleeding all over my floor?? Really dont care who you are we taking care of the injured guy..

DEC 2004 Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I used to always give my name as "Leonard Nimoy" when making reservations for dinner or if I had to give a name to wait for a table. It was funny to watch people crane their necks around when my name was announced.

When I was a teen, long ago, and it was my brother's turn to pick up the pizza, I'd always put the order in the name Peabo Bryson.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:lol: I am so going to do that next time!

Filed: Timeline

People are stupid.

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP —Police in Holland Township are investigating a death threat mailed to a family mistaken for residents who named their son Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Melanie Campbell is not related to Heath and Deborah Campbell, who complained when a supermarket refused to spell out their 3-year-old son's name, Adolf Hitler, on a birthday cake.

However, her daughter's name is Heather and was listed in the phone directory under Campbell, H.

The typed, unsigned letter said her children would die and "you will all end up like your Nazi friends: dead."

Police tell The Easton Express-Times if they can find the person who wrote the letter, he would be charged with making terroristic threats.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
People are stupid.

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP —Police in Holland Township are investigating a death threat mailed to a family mistaken for residents who named their son Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Melanie Campbell is not related to Heath and Deborah Campbell, who complained when a supermarket refused to spell out their 3-year-old son's name, Adolf Hitler, on a birthday cake.

However, her daughter's name is Heather and was listed in the phone directory under Campbell, H.

The typed, unsigned letter said her children would die and "you will all end up like your Nazi friends: dead."

Police tell The Easton Express-Times if they can find the person who wrote the letter, he would be charged with making terroristic threats.

Idiots indeed...

BTW - Terroristic!? I'm surprised the editor didn't catch that. Wow...