bryonm4

K1 Visa denial

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Can't you get married in another country near where she lives?

I was hoping we could do it in China but she doesnt think we can do that since she was born and raised in Vietnam, I need to find a decent attrorney I think

I have several questions of course but this one really stumps me. You said she speaks great Cantonese but really poor Vietnamese and English. Yet she was born and raised in Vietnam. Why can she not speak really good Vietnamese when she was born and raised in Vietnam?

I take it her family is from South China. For what it's worth, there are many people in China who speak neither Mandarin or Cantonese. I recently visited Detian Falls, on the border of China's Guangxi Province and Vietnam. When fishermen meet in the middle of the river, I wonder in which language they communicate. Was the man fishing from the top of the waterfall standing in Vietnam or China? If he crossed the border, did he have a visa?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Can't you get married in another country near where she lives?

I was hoping we could do it in China but she doesnt think we can do that since she was born and raised in Vietnam, I need to find a decent attrorney I think

I have several questions of course but this one really stumps me. You said she speaks great Cantonese but really poor Vietnamese and English. Yet she was born and raised in Vietnam. Why can she not speak really good Vietnamese when she was born and raised in Vietnam?

I take it her family is from South China. For what it's worth, there are many people in China who speak neither Mandarin or Cantonese. I recently visited Detian Falls, on the border of China's Guangxi Province and Vietnam. When fishermen meet in the middle of the river, I wonder in which language they communicate. Was the man fishing from the top of the waterfall standing in Vietnam or China? If he crossed the border, did he have a visa?

I expected that was why she spoke such good Cantonese but to be born and raised in Vietnam to me would seem and maybe the consulate people too that she should be able to speak Vietnamese. Trust me there were other things that made me scratch my head too and wonder. Can it maybe be that the consulate folks also were perplexed and saw something strange?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.