ML CLARKE

Waiting for SSN verification...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I applied for an SSN number over two months ago, straight after receiving my EAD. However, the SSN office said that I needed to wait until they received verification from immigration. Obviously I cannot work until I get the number...the SSN are not helpful at all, and just tell me to wait. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know if it's worth trying to contact immigration directly?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I applied for an SSN number over two months ago, straight after receiving my EAD. However, the SSN office said that I needed to wait until they received verification from immigration. Obviously I cannot work until I get the number...the SSN are not helpful at all, and just tell me to wait. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know if it's worth trying to contact immigration directly?

Thanks!

that's weird...I never heard a story like that. At my office they told me that the longest for verification is a month!

Filed: Timeline

I know, it is very frustrating as I waited long enough to get the EAD and I still can't work!

If anyone can suggest a good place to contact that isn't the SSN office (I have been there in person several times over the last two months and they say there is nothing they can do until it is verified) that would be great...

You can call the national help line number. I've called them before for various things. Try socialsecurity.gov website and look around.

Edit: I found the number 1-800-772-1213

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmm had this experience before and i bring my USC husbandwith me so he talked to them and the next day i had my SSN printout and a few days after that incident I had my SSN card in the mail..all in all it tooked me less than 14 days :rolleyes:

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Thanks!

Actually you may work before the SSN comes in, I was told I could by the people that issue the SSN, contact your local office they will tell you what to do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

i have actually the same problem and we are not alone lol

i went to the SSN office on the 28 of october and i was not verified.they told me it can need up ti 4 weeks...after 3 weeks i went there again..still nothing..i called the INS they said they dont know where the problem is..iam approved and all is ok...so i went again to the office and they printed it out to sent it manuel to virginia...still nothing...the only thing what the lady told me is i can make an infopass...for that i have to drive 2 hours to dallas..SUPERRRRRRRRRRRR..iam totaly pissed because no one hires u without an SSN...i was so happy to got the EAD after 8 weeks and now i sit still arround and cant do anything....i called the office today and there is still no update..they told me after printed it out and sent it ,it needs again 8 weeks....so i think i will get it in january..but i know one girl who had the same problem and she waited 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MONTH...

but its nice that we pay so much money and get such a good service :wow::diablo:

AOS Timeline

08/13/08 AOS sent
08/18/08 NOA1
08/22/08 Appointment Biomentrics
09/10/08 Biometrics done
09/11/08 RFE
09/18/08 Case transfered to NBC
10/16/08 EAD approved
10/24/08 EAD approved again
10/27/08 EAD in Mail
10/28/08 applied for SSN (not verified)still waiting:-(
12/18/08 got my SSN today YEAHHHHH
12/30/08 passed my TX DL today YIPPIEEEEEEE
03/03/09 Interview ,approved...thanks god:-)
03/09/09 Welcome letter in Mail.Juhuuuuuuuu
03/16/09 Green Card in Mail:-)))))

02/02/10 I-751 Waiver to VSC
02/08/10 NOA1
02/17/10 Check cashed
04/15/10 Biometrics
07/26/10 Interview
08/06/10 Approved ,thanks god juhuuuuuuuuuuuu
08/16/10 Greencard in Mail,done for ten years:-))

N-400 here we go in the last round

12/09/2013 N-400 to Dallas

12/13/2013 NOA1

12/18/2013 check cashed

01/03/2014 Biometrics

02/04/2014 in line for Interview

04/11/2014 Interview& Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.